Myanmar men appeal against death sentences over British murders in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, NCFC said:

You've just compromised your neighbour- and made serious allegations on the internet - for all rhe world to see. I thought you said a moment ago you fear for your life??

No he or she has not. Who is the neighbour? and where do they live? What is the name of the road, is it in Thailand or the USA? What is his or her neighbours nationality? What colour eyes and hair do they have. Do they own a car or a horse.

Maybe this person does know and is scarred to say too much. maybe just hyping it all up but we need to know as until we do there is no justice for 4 people involved in this case.

Sooner or later it will leak mark my words, at least hear what this person says put it in the memory and wait for someone else to drop a comment that will seal it.

I predict another case like this within the next 6 months.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said long ago shortly after the September 2014 murders and before many on here were ThaiVisa members that the murderers possibly were other tourists who went back to their hotels, checked out, and left the island on the first ferry out never to return.

Just now, JLCrab said:

I said long ago shortly after the September 2014 murders and before many on here were ThaiVisa members that the murderers possible were other tourists who went back to their hotels, checked out, and left the island never to return.

Smoke and mirrors again

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I dont see why so many posters should be so sure of their innocence.  The reporting of this incident in the media, and the accuracy of postings on Thai Visa have been so bad that no conclusion can be reached by us as interested spectators.  It is somewhat mortifying to think that people on this board could be championing a pair of rapists and murderers because of their blind prejudice against Thai police. Equally, it is awful to think that 2 innocent men could go their deaths based on dodgy evidence. 

But one can not be blindly sentimental either way.  People should think before posting.

Did you? 

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

So what now you are some sorta voice of authority?

No not quite, but the more you post the more I suspect you of knowing more about poor Hannah and David as you appear to be throwing sidelines all the time. that is what crims do. but probably wrong in thinking that but that is what the posts do to a mind that was geared to catching the bad ones for so long.

PS

its

sort of

and that is another thing that caught my eye

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Really? Reports would suggest that all the locals on Koh Tao know who did it but are too afraid to speak lest the meet a similar fate. 

Well, the locals could tell a reporter who could keep their name secret and he or she could tell the world. 

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

You will never, ever convince me that these two midgets killed David and Hanna.  Major cover up of the real guilty parties. 

Human rights at its best on the dark side...

1 hour ago, jenifer d said:

oh i have proof,  friends who live there who were IN the bar earlier and saw everything leading up to the incident

AND the subsequent coverup-

and i do NOT deal in gossip...

Well if they saw everything leading up to the incident and they have done nothing to help the Burmese 2, they are cowards. At the very  least  they should go to the international press, wear sunglasses, balaclavas, disguise their accents and report what they saw..

The international media would lap it up.

14 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

and it's IT'S

No it's not! If you are indeed referring to # Post 132

Post # 132 :-  Human rights at its best on the dark side...

Grammatically correct! ("It's" is an abbreviation of "it is" whereas "its" means belonging to "it") 

36 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I said long ago shortly after the September 2014 murders and before many on here were ThaiVisa members that the murderers possibly were other tourists who went back to their hotels, checked out, and left the island on the first ferry out never to return.

Strands of blonde hair were found between the fingers of one of the hands of Hannah if I remember right. The police never identified who they belonged to.

1 hour ago, jenifer d said:

actusally it is COMPLETE truth, EVERYBODY on Koh Tao KNOWS who did it; i have friends on Koh Tao, I KNOW who did it, and i can ASSURE you that these 2 Burmese guys were NOT the perps

really.... if you're so adamant you know who did it they why don't you save these guys and take your proof and show it...or do you really have just gossip and hearsay like everyone else here??

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

really.... if you're so adamant you know who did it they why don't you save these guys and take your proof and show it...or do you really have just gossip and hearsay like everyone else here??

read the other posts, mine and several responses of others; the first police investigator named names and then was immediately replaced-

if anybody comes forward with proof, they are as good as dead, Koh Tao is a very small island, and a Thai or foreigner coming forward would be named to the powerful families that control the island

55 minutes ago, sambum said:

My Answer:- "Pointless and untrue comment."

At no time did I give the impression that I thought the B2 were guilty. I was being critical of the fact that you and others "know" who committed the crime. You can't "know" unless you witnessed it - you can believe 100% that you know, but that's not the same, is it? It's a bit like saying that you know when you die that you're going to Heaven! Haven't seen a postcard from there ever!

Your point re the "FIRST"  police investigator has also been well documented and commented on before, so although another dubious action in itself, is old news, and as I predicted in my earlier post "a certain poster" (that is a member of a Detective School) has now started asking you to bring out your evidence re the one that you "and everybody on Koh Tao knows who did it." 

It's beginning to get like watching repeats of the 1966 World Cup Final comment "They think it's all over .............." , or "If you don't like it here, go home." 

So please -  stop the "We all know who done/did it" comments, they're wearing a bit thin, and if you and your protagonist in chief don't pack it in, this thread is in danger of being closed by the Mods - which would be a shame.

good points, and fair enough

1 hour ago, Krenjai said:

You seem to be leading a dangerous live, you claim you've witnessed your next door neighbor commit a murder in Koh Lanta, you claim to have proof who committed the murders in Koh Tao and you post that on ThaiVisa? I would be careful with such information, does your neighbor know you heard and saw the crime? He does now!  And what about the KT case? What proof? Eyewitnesses? Friends of yours that were IN the bar, what bar? THE bar? The bar of perp? 

yes, my neighbor knows that me and my other neighbor saw all of it, he is grateful we didn't say anything; the whole neighborhood has been scorning him even more than before  (his sister, my landlord, has never spoken to him in the 7 1/2 yrs i've lived in the hood), so he's paying a price for it after a fashion...

as for KT, the scene is far more dangerous, i'm not even going to disclose anything further than what i have;

i do have a few friends who saw the perp flirting quite aggressively with the girl for at least a couple of nights prior, and it was quite evident to all that he got quite miffed when he saw her suddenly paying attention to David Miller-

that's all i can and will say although i am privy to far more than that...

to those who are calling what i say gossip & hearsay, you are all welcome to your delusions, i deal in facts-

life on a small island is even more insular than life in a small town in a lot of ways, and there ARE no secrets...

Actually you deal in hyperbole -- I've heard your music. And yet not one of the UK tourists who were there sitting at the table in the picture or anyone else who has returned to the UK and was in her company that or prior evenings has ever said that they saw anybody giving a hard time to the late Ms. Witheridge.

1411633776837_wps_10_Thailand_last_pic_3049270.jpg

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Because, dear "Mummy'sboy", everyone here who has commented that they feel the 2 Burmese were stitched up, is also because they followed, avidly and seriously, the appallingly, botched, contradictive, contrived, brutal and ineffective, illogical and downright amateurish, inwardly blind, ability to accept that a Thai person, (and one seems to fit the bill), could do such a thing.

That's why.irrespective of your trivial justice balancing act over wh here have been party to might have or might have not!

Pure rant. Pure suspicion. You, me,  and 'everyone' here have been exposed to the same reports, gossip, hearsay, conjecture, myth, tropes, and outright fantasy, often repeated and embellished to the point where it becomes the putative truth.  And none of us can possibly come to a firm conclusion.  Yet you, and many others, are adamant in the infallibilty of your logic.  That is not good at all.  And, in fact, I would say this has hindered rather than helped the prisoners.

For what it is worth, although I believe justice has partially been done, like many others I believe the dock had room for a couple of significant others probably more guilty.

But the point is that my suspicion, intuition based on experience of Thailand, or what I believe to be likely can not be expressed as known fact.  I can not be certain.  Neither can you, so quit acting up.

The way I read the article below is that freaking 7 more foreigners have died in mysterious circumstances on Death Island whilst the 2 Burmese kids have been behind bars?!

If so why can't some International humanity org lobby the Thai king for the release of the (obviously innocent) Burmese 2?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3953216/koh-tao-death-island-mystery-brit-mafia-threatened-hang-frame-murder-tourist/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

39 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

yes, my neighbor knows that me and my other neighbor saw all of it, he is grateful we didn't say anything; the whole neighborhood has been scorning him even more than before  (his sister, my landlord, has never spoken to him in the 7 1/2 yrs i've lived in the hood), so he's paying a price for it after a fashion...

as for KT, the scene is far more dangerous, i'm not even going to disclose anything further than what i have;

i do have a few friends who saw the perp flirting quite aggressively with the girl for at least a couple of nights prior, and it was quite evident to all that he got quite miffed when he saw her suddenly paying attention to David Miller-

to those who are calling what i say gossip & hearsay, you are all welcome to your delusions, i deal in facts-

life on a small island is even more insular than life in a small town in a lot of ways, and there ARE no secrets...

I asked about proof, proof you claim you have. The perp getting miffed after Hannah made it clear she wasn't interested has been widely reported and even discussed here on Thaivisa at the time. That is nothing new, and certainly no proof. It was mentioned before that a possible loss of face for the perp made him so angry he went for  a 'rape revenge' with his buddies. It is my personal believe that this is indeed what happened  and is something they had probably done before. The fact that David unexpectedly showed up made this thing spin out of control.  But this is all speculation, I have no proof, you say you have proof. Unless those friends of yours were eyewitnesses to the fight, the killing and the rape you should choose your words more carefully. IMHO.

30 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

If you deal in facts as you say, then please hand them over to the media to save the Burmese 2. 

Nobody has to know you were the one who handed them over.

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I doubt that even the cops involved and the prosecutors believe for one second that they got the right guys. From the moment the words " A Thai couldn't have done this."were uttered, you just knew a couple of innocents were going to be framed.

I wish them all the best with their appeal.

Unfortunately without the death penalty there's always a chance they might be proven innocent.

Archived