Owner not refunding

Allen Ginsing

I checking into a guesthouse in Krabi Town which seemed nice, i took a shower unpacked a bit then went out for a 2 hour came back at 3:00pm and sat in bed and realized it was hard as rock!  It was ridiculous and i realize i could not sleep and had to leave. The owner was indignant and only refunded 200 out of the 600 baht. Which i think is unfair. Do you think i can contact the tourist police and they would help get my money back?

Edited by Allen Ginsing

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Be happy you got 200B back. Not worth the hassle. Move on.

A cheap lesson.

At a 600 Baht place you should not set expectations high.

Top notch hotels would supply you with another mattress but you would have to add a zero to the price.

I know these hard mattresses and usually find a workaround (folding bed sheets/towels to lie on).

When driving by car I had a "futon" with me :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

At a 600 Baht place you should not set expectations high.

I've stayed in some very comfortable places here for 600B and less. But I do check the facilities before paying or making the room untidy.

4 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

I think you can contact the police.

But I do not think they will assist you in getting more refund.

If you are sensitive to hard beds you should have checked the bed before checking in.

600Baht guesthouse and your expecting 5 star accommodation. 

Some of the beds here are rock hard amazing. Some Thais grew up sleeping on reed mats on the floor and they like it that way.

Go to a Hotel in your country however.

Take a shower and occupy the room for two hours then complain about the bed and demand a full refund. What would the inn keeper say? This is probably a troll topic but if not, you were lucky to get anything back and not simply defenestrated with your bags by thugs.

4 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Yeah, it's amazing that they refunded you anything.  Just chalk it up to experience and always ask to see the room first in the future.

Exactly, your complaint seems exceedingly cheap. You used the room and the facilities for two to three hours and expect to pay nothing--where do you come from?

27 minutes ago, A. BOOZER said:

I am increasingly amazed at what, I (in my dotage), perceive as pointless posts.

Am I becoming an intollerent 'old g_t'?

What seems pointless to you may have a point for others. If you don't like it click next topic button. 

Did you ever think about what the hotel owner have to pay now?

You used the bed!!! Sit on it and 100% lying on it. It must be covered new. Bedware must be took out and washed, ironed.

Maybe it is needed a room cleaning!!!

You showered and for sure used the toilet. It must be all cleaned for sure. 

Maybe you used the shower gel, ... from the hotel. It's not FREE also.

For sure you used the aircon. Who pay the bill?

Be happy that you become 200 THB back.

600 baht? 600 BAHT?!  You are gonna call the police about 600 baht?  Wait...600? as in six zero zero???  This is a joke right? Put a woman between you and the mattress and get over it.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 2.51.56 PM.png

Edited by ThaiWai

The OP is bitching about 400 baht when he has used the room's facilities? The owner did more than he had to refunding 200 baht,

I've actually found Thais are quite good with refunds, IF you approach politely and explain the problem clearly.

From the other side of the coin as a resort owner.  I encourage my Guests to check the Guest's Reviews on the website and to look at our rating and comments.  If they are still unhappy with whatever is bothering them (and they can be wide and varied, believe you me - what you have mosquitoes in Thailand!   What there are snakes in Thailand!  What there are little gekos around!  What the birds begin singing early in the morning!  et al).  I try to solve whatever the issue is and if I cannot, I point out that others have been very happy with out resort, but of course, if you wish, you may check out, without refund!  Some people are just born to wind you up and think they can get away with it.  Not all of them are called Allen of course.:sleep:

Many years ago long before moving to Thailand I made the mistake of making a booking because of its location for what turned out to be a guest house.

They are very cheap and basic but never made the mistake again

As other posters have stated you get what you pay for.