Arrest warrant issued for former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra over court no show, trial delayed to 27 September

webfact

1 minute ago, renaissanc said:

We know from ages ago that government folks secretly offered her the chance to leave the country and not go through the court process, but she refused, apparently.  I think that she was given a final chance and she took it. How else would she get hold of a helicopter to take her over the border into Cambodia (presumably) from where she can catch a flight to Singapore? The media has reported that she was there. Anyway, the truth will come out by tomorrow.

Not if the junta has anything to do with it, it won't...

They are either in on it or laughably useless. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on them.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

I believe the DPM is actually a toad and not a frog. 

Perhaps instead of his weekly Friday address they should make a reality TV show with Prayuth and the frog travelling to different parts of Thailand to observe the process of bringing happiness to the people.  It could be called something like "The Adventures of Uncle Tu and Kermit".  

1 minute ago, stephen tracy said:

Perhaps instead of his weekly Friday address they should make a reality TV show with Prayuth and the frog travelling to different parts of Thailand to observe the process of bringing happiness to the people.  It could be called something like "The Adventures of Uncle Tu and Kermit".  

Well, they certainly are Muppets.

Guest Jerry787

logical consequences, she was not to stand a trial where she will be 95% get a guilty verdict, as she di mess the rice scheme big time, ruined Thai economy on his brother populist policies, where instead to help the ppl made the cronies in her brother party leaders as everyone of them ONLY was making millions out of the rice scheme, they where illegally  importing thousands of tons of rice from lao and cambodia and then pledged as local thai rice.

she deserve to be punished, but as any top HiSo she will be enjoying oversea for few years as everything will be condoned. 

They are accused of stealing tens of billions and the bail is 30 million ???????

Way too low,this is only tea money for the judges ,so she can keep her passport (to show it 

to immigration when she leaves Thailand on her plane ,lol)

And now she will be out off sight ,just like her brother,lol.

Probably this was what the junta wanted and maybe planned ?

These people are not dumb monkeys ,no they are smart monkeys .

But maybe she's just sick?  Then she will be probably at home in bed?

Hope she is not flying with that infected ear?

Had no one the faintest idea that it would end up like this?

No doubt planned for a long time. 

Thaksin's army still in control and yet another topic for all the world to laugh at .

New date set for trial, that's what I would call really hopeful in the extreme. 

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

A masterstroke by the Shinawatras again.

Egg on the face of the junta, headlines in the international press... 

My word, I am in awe of the way they have gamed the junta on this one. 

:clap2:

Exactly . She played this very smart and made a fool of the little man . 

Haha  what a pisser . 

2 minutes ago, Winniej said:

Exactly . She played this very smart and made a fool of the little man . 

Haha  what a pisser . 

I don't think so.  If she is indeed gone (which has yet to be confirmed) it will have been with the man-child's blessing. He' always wanted her gone.  And - again if she really is gone - then he doesn't have to go through the hassle or embarrassment of trying to get her back because even someone as unworldly and generally dim like Prayuth will know full well that Interpol will not extradite people wanted under politically-motivated charges.  A tough fact for the junta-huggers to accept, but true all the same.

Rich kids, rich monks, and rich politicians fleeing the country.  Money rules again.  Time for the junta to change their mindset? 

I doubt it. They know that there may come a time when rich generals have to flee the country ...

The "jail system" for him would be a private cell/residence, comfortable bed, maybe aircon, good food, everything he needed except freedom to leave. The governors of the jail and the prison officers would automatically "wai" and be polite and apologetic for his inconvenience whilst in jail.

Most probably so.
And come the day they thought they could get away with it, he would go to sleep in his comfortable bed, and not wake up.

The stakes are about as high as they get.

3 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I don't think so.  If she is indeed gone (which has yet to be confirmed) it will have been with the man-child's blessing. He' always wanted her gone.  And - again if she really is gone - then he doesn't have to go through the hassle or embarrassment of trying to get her back because even someone as unworldly and generally dim like Prayuth will know full well that Interpol will not extradite people wanted under politically-motivated charges.  A tough fact for the junta-huggers to accept, but true all the same.

If he doesn't try and get her back, it makes a mockery of the whole shebang and makes it look like the junta were in on her departure.

They have their heads between the hammer and the anvil and it is all their own fault.

Good luck Yingluck  - your the Patsy in this mess and you were never going to get a fair shake. I am surprised you hung in there as long as you did.

Hanging in as long as she did caught the limelight. Whatever she claims from overseas won't see the light of day here.

The shins are much better chess players than their current successor.

Is she still in Thailand ? Who knows......

With today's technology It's just as easy to run a country from abroad as it is being here.

And if she is still here, as someone on another thread pointed out that 27 Sept is awfully close to Oct and the big event scheduled to take place then, with unfettered access to BKK. 

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect they won't be arresting her, as she has quite possibly followed in Red Bull "Boss" footsteps and gone already. If so Prayut will be apoplectic. On a political charge like this, no country would extradite her.

Got to get the translations done yet and it takes years judging by Red Bull - and they do not know where she is either!

I am sure no one in Thailand, or the world, for that matter, expected her to have a fair trial. Whatever Mr 44 says, he will be influencing the outcome. There is too much animosity for him to let the courts decide. He has been humiliated by Taksin, deposed Yinluk despite the majority voting for her. The 'so called Elite' won't let him let the courts decide. I would not even be surprised if she 'disappeared' as others have done. It is the way despots like Mr 44 deal with opposition. If she was facing 10 years, due to his interference, not turning up may be the best choice, even if she was able to, and not locked away. I bet interpol will have her red flagged as political opposition is MUCH MORE SERIOUS than murder - only in Thailand.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

She is not a martyr now.. she is doing a runner.. different story.. she did not dare to face the courts knowing she was indeed guilty.

" She did not dare to face the politically tainted courts knowing the military considered she was indeed guilty "- is the correct version 

14 minutes ago, coulson said:

Hanging in as long as she did caught the limelight. Whatever she claims from overseas won't see the light of day here.

The shins are much better chess players than their current successor.

Is that why Thaksin has spent over 9 years in exile with no end in sight?