Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Xaos said:

They were following her every step, she was on watch but managet to take a flight? Yeh right

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

more than a few seemingly credible sources indicate this was the junta's trap all along; it is unimaginable that she wasnt being watched 24/7 while here; they WANTED her to go all the while;

they got their little boonsong bone as well

29 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

If I had to guess the answer to your question is this.

The Junta were probably always banking on the fact that she was going high tail it to Dubai long before any trial even started.

The fact that she didn't was their second worst nightmare. First nightmare would that she was convicted and ended up in prison.

So they were stuck in a corner.

Convict Yingluck, and essentially get insurrection in the North & Northeast.

Don't prosecute her and get their base riled up, risking Suthep, the mad monk to bring protesters back onto the streets.

Must give you a headache being head of a junta!

Quite plausible . Thank you for your response.

18 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

more than a few seemingly credible sources indicate this was the junta's trap all along; it is unimaginable that she wasnt being watched 24/7 while here; they WANTED her to go all the while;

they got their little boonsong bone as well

But now they have to pull out all the stops to get her back or it will look like a stitchup from beginning to end. There is no way the junta can get out of this looking good. Hell, even the Mother in Law was cracking up and she can't stand Yingluck...

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

It certainly is an alien concept to the Junta !  Justice ? don't make me laugh, in case you have forgotten, the biggest criminals are currently running the country with impunity,...

Ever was it the case... and Yunglik's brother was one of the biggest.

.... and your darling Yingluk did nothing wrong ?

39 minutes ago, baboon said:

But now they have to pull out all the stops to get her back or it will look like a stitchup from beginning to end. There is no way the junta can get out of this looking good. Hell, even the Mother in Law was cracking up and she can't stand Yingluck...

If the police to do it will take them 8 years to get the documents translated

1 hour ago, choff56 said:

Then can you or anybody else in this thread with the same theory please explain to me why the junta would start this farce of a trial in the first place. Your giving a blind repressive military dic Junta too much credit. Anybody in Thailand with money can buy their way out without a passport. Yingluck can still play the martyr card from outside of Thailand where she can definitely do more to finally stop military rule. The repressive Thai Junta's hate of social media just went up a few notches today. The masses will win this war.

I think it was something to do with credibility which is a scarce commodity these days. In fact, it hasn't been seen since the previous junta... or the one before that (but I wasn't around for that so no matter).

Or maybe someone abducted her and had her killed.

We'll never know. 

I must confess that I am rather surprised that some 10 hours after she failed to appear, not a peep from her. If she is out of the country, why the silence? If she is still here, that may explain the silence. If that is the case is she in hiding, or "disappeared"?

It is doubtful that she would line up for a commercial flight and go through immigration line ups like the rest of us "pleb's" . A private jet would be standing by no doubt.

But wait - we don't know for sure that she has left the country. So , maybe it's better not to speculate just yet. Of course that would mean all further speculation , joking or otherwise , would be futile.

Nahhh - bring on the pundits :)

1 minute ago, kentrot said:

It is doubtful that she would line up for a commercial flight and go through immigration line ups like the rest of us "pleb's" . A private jet would be standing by no doubt.

But wait - we don't know for sure that she has left the country. So , maybe it's better not to speculate just yet. Of course that would mean all further speculation , joking or otherwise , would be futile.

Nahhh - bring on the pundits :)

As she was from Chiang Mai, a discreet trip to the mountains of Nan, helped across the border to Laos by sympathisers then a few hours to Luang Prabang, few Dollars to airport immigration guys there and a private jet to Singapore followed by Emirates business class to Dubai would be my guess......

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

A "coup assisted" flight?  

No way in the world could the most watched woman in Thailand, simply go to the airport, get on a plane, and leave the country, unless, of course, she was "allowed" to, or "assisted" by the very folks who supposedly want her head.  

Her fleeing the country is the best scenario the illegal Junta could hope for.  Gives them the chance to say: "See, she's guilty! She fled!", when everyone knows the verdict of this trial was predetermined before the original charges were even pressed.  

Now she can join her brother in Dubai, and then wage an online, Facebook & Line war against the junta, while building up her own support and sympathy.  

Yes ! how can she leave thailand like a letter by post office when everbody knows that she has a court matter waiting for her? 

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

A "coup assisted" flight?  

No way in the world could the most watched woman in Thailand, simply go to the airport, get on a plane, and leave the country, unless, of course, she was "allowed" to, or "assisted" by the very folks who supposedly want her head.  

Her fleeing the country is the best scenario the illegal Junta could hope for.  Gives them the chance to say: "See, she's guilty! She fled!", when everyone knows the verdict of this trial was predetermined before the original charges were even pressed.  

Now she can join her brother in Dubai, and then wage an online, Facebook & Line war against the junta, while building up her own support and sympathy.  

are there not small - private airstrips in thailand where a plane could depart to a nearby country? cambodia comes to mind and thaksin apparently is buddies with hun sen.

1 minute ago, Hereinthailand said:

Why go to lao ? just walk out on any small airport tarmac in thailand and get on the plane. Then the pilot radios the tower tango-alpha-555-f-u requesting departure. see ya.

Which 'small airport tarmac' did you have in mind that doesn't have any promotion seeking immigration official prepared to shop someone like Yingluck. Far safer to fly from Lao.

3 hours ago, Jim walker said:

Shinawatra  family who represent the overlooked poor of Thailand driving them out of the country just shows how scared the Right wing elite are in Thailand of a single family, who will be arresting  the generals after this coup and sending them to prison for 42 years for giving so much money to the Chinese and Americans for weapons  and trains rather than subsidising the rural farmers in Thailand what is more important people or weapons.    Good luck Yingluck take care and god bless.

Oh I really missed something the Shins were the honest pillars of society not at all concerned about pilfering from the country, real role models hmmmm I have read some horrific posts but this one is up there

Sometime 'Money Grabbers' get caught............ LOL..............

Doubtful she will risk coming back to appeal within the deadline to appeal........

She'll be on the run like her brother, 'missing' her homeland, just like her brother Taksin........

Right into her (their) 'old age'......... IMHO..... Rot in HELL............

So many 'screw' the poor people in Thailand (and I know and love a lot of them) including money lenders, now it seems that there is 'Proof' and another 'conviction' of another Taksin.......

There may not be much hope for the 'Hard working poor farmers' in Thailand, but here is a step in the right direction of ---  NOT --- 'trampling them down more............

Personally, I am all smiles..... today......... 

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Wonder if her body will ever be discovered?

That did cross my mind and hope it proves to be just a thought that we can forget in a few days when she shows up alive and well but far from the cesspit.

I think I know how she left as someone we know did the same and then it was spoken about as a possible exit.

Fingers crossed she is safe and well and free of that place. but hope to see her back one day jailing or for treason removing some from the planet.

Archived