Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, billd766 said:

I was wondering what was happening about her son, Supasek and her husband Anusom.

I hope that they are both OK as neither of them seemed to be involved in this other than by the family relationship.

They are probably packing up the contents of all the properties before the government comes to seize them and sell them.

39 minutes ago, CGW said:

I would seriously question this statement?

If there is any truth in it they have done a lousy job of stopping corruption, but then they did hand control back to the folks who had lost the rights to control the endemic corruption!:shock1:

They've done a better job of tackling corruption than the previous governments. Elections are desperately needed, but police reform is required first. Time will tell if that happens.

Best thing that could have happened is she has fled the country.

If she stayed the guilty verdict would have been challenged, dragging out more time...

the red party would have been in the news every day crying foul of the courts verdict

the blind rice growing Shin followers would have been protesting every day for ever more!!

Best thing is to do what her brother did... 

bugger off out of the country, away from influence, and let Thailand get on with life without them around to kick up a stink every day!!

I hope she's gone & stays far away... don't even go trying to find her !!!

9 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I surmise that, tho free, she lost a crapload of properties - and likely won't be allowed to come back to Thailand.

She will have lost everything she owns in Thailand, and the government will soon be seizing and auctioning her many properties. Her fate will likely be the same as her brother, arrest warrant outstanding and not allowed back. The two of them can spend their remaining years together....in exile, in a life of luxury.

2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Unforunately not, they set another date next month, instead.

Like other posters previously, on this and other threads, I wonder why they didn't just press-ahead, and announce what her verdict/sentence would have been, or indeed still is ?  The mysteries of Thai justice.

A month gives them just about enough time to come up with a different verdict. Things move slowly here. Brown envelopes from Dubai especially.

It is completely obvious that this is a deal between the junta and our previous PM. This just allows the Junta to hold on to power and in fact provides a further excuse for defering elections because of some imaginary reconciliation.

1 minute ago, Keesters said:

A month gives them just about enough time to come up with a different verdict. Things move slowly here. Brown envelopes from Dubai especially.

That's certainly one possibility, which is why I would have hoped that they'd still have gone ahead, and given the verdict & sentence yesterday.

56 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

Not "very likely" but definitely. All these matters will have been arranged and negotiated by one man with the name Taksin.

But not the best solution for the country. Corruption pays and is OK as long as you flee with your ill gotten gains is not the right message.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

You could be right ofcourse, im not all knowing.

But maybe the trial couldnt be stopped. I mean, one of the main reasons they took power was to stop corruption and to investigate the rice pledging scheme.

Abother reason was to use it as leverage to get YL out of the country, just like what happened.

You say in the end masses will win. Again, you may be right, but i dont see, and most experts seems to agree that thailand will get out of military rule for the next 20 years. During these 20 years the real bangok elite puppet masters will take control with an iron grip.

Or put another way: the only way the current junta loses control is when the masses are ready to fight. I dont think the masses will be ready to fight (and risk their lives or freedom) just because YL is a martyr abroad.. If YL is behind bars looning  40 years they might get upset enough to overthrow.. But not now....

Now thailands only "hope" out is democracy in 20-30 years after military rule or that there is a financial crisis that makes the masses willing to fight. 

I beg to disagree , you should have said ; " They PRETENDED one of the main reasons they took power was to stop corruption "

An admission of guilt??  Would anyone in their right mind stay and go to prison in Thailand??  Everyone knows that the verdict was decided long ago.  The trial was just to keep the appearance of normality.  If I had a fortune, I would enjoy it somewhere else given her other options.

Don't get mad.  It is just my opinion!:smile:

25 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

They've done a better job of tackling corruption than the previous governments. Elections are desperately needed, but police reform is required first. Time will tell if that happens.

The corruption tackling has looked pretty selective up to now.When an independent organisation confirms that the overall corruption index has fallen markedly , that is the time to claim progress has been made.

As you say , to tackle corruption wholesale reform to entities such as the police need to be made , yet no attempts at all have been attempted , thats suggests it was never intended in the first place.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha admitted on Friday that he had no idea about the whereabouts of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra

Oh,  purrrrr leeeeease !!!

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Just by acknowledging there is corruption they have done more than previous governments! Not saying a lot is it!

Elections are desperately needed, bring them on! wait a minute we all no who will get back into power - better to use delaying tactics!

Police reform has never been on the cards for the junta - as they stated when they first seized power!

Time is telling a story :shock1:

Gotta love politics! - The illusion of choice :sleepy:

Thankfully some people are waking up!

1 hour ago, khounteen said:

One is the junta's enemy, the other is an elite whom the junta was suppose to protect.

If that is so, then why was he not formally charged back in 2012 when the PTP under Yingluck was running the country? The junta was NOT running the country at that time.

18 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Corruption?  I don't know if she is guilty or not but from my perspective there is a lot more corruption going around than just her. As the saying goes " let him who has no sin be the first to throw the first stone "  I know that is wrong but as close as I can get. I read a year or so back at story that the current PM now had something like over a billion in a foreign bank. The guy was a retired General? 

Take the blinders off and anyone with any sense could see where this was going from the beginning. If you are surprise she had a plan B in place wake up and smell the coffee.

There is a storm coming after this year and it will sweep everyone into it but regardless I'm here for the long haul. :sick:

I read a year back doesnt cut it,pathetic slander.Prove it in court.

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Equally amazing is that Yingluck had been charged, been to court and was awaiting a verdict and yet the Red Bull heir has not been to court yet.

Yes but this a personal vendetta by uncle P against Yinglok and the shins, he could'nt care less about the "Red Bull" scrote!

5 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

According to BOTH reports she left Thailand on Wednesday. I thought that she was in court that day and Thursday also.

14 minutes ago, CGW said:

Just by acknowledging there is corruption they have done more than previous governments! Not saying a lot is it!

Elections are desperately needed, bring them on! wait a minute we all no who will get back into power - better to use delaying tactics!

Police reform has never been on the cards for the junta - as they stated when they first seized power!

Time is telling a story :shock1:

Gotta love politics! - The illusion of choice :sleepy:

Thankfully some people are waking up!

Public forums in police reform started this week. Not an easy process and no guarantees anything will happen. But I've seen improvements the past few years. Sadly, not enough.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Why do you want to vote in a bunch of corrupt pollies,stock to the status quo for another 10 years and clean the scum out including RTP.

2 hours ago, scotchonrocks said:

Not "very likely" but definitely. All these matters will have been arranged and negotiated by one man with the name Taksin.

How did you manage to come up with the name Taksin? Did you mean King Taksin the great

Born: 17 April 1734, Ayutthaya Kingdom

Died: 7 April 1782, Phra Racha Wang Derm

Full name: Taksin the Great

Reign: December 28, 1767 – April 6, 1782

Or Thaksin Shinawatra.

Different spelling and a very different person.

It is not as though the name Thaksin with the correct spelling has not been mentioned on this thread more than a hundred or so times.

18 hours ago, alzack said:

absolutly right lets hope her and brov do it

They are not a part of the government anymore. Time to stop the Shin-talk about that they are so allmigthy.
The more they disappear and run from things, the sooner they get weaker and the people understand what they believed was good was just an illusion.

Archived