Supreme Court jails Boonsong 42 years on G-to-G rice deal

webfact

21 hours ago, seajae said:

farce, he was caught with fake rice deals, the only farce are those that think this is a set up  but then again you lot cannot accept the truth even with all the evidence, show how pathetic the ones calling this fake are

The sentence is a bit over the top is what most are saying, i.e. drink drive and kill a cop, community sentence, 10,000 baht fine, 2 years suspended license.

42 years for fraud, come on mate, get a grip !!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...Thaksin was a good change for Thai politics. He did bring in change to help the poor, as well as many new contributions to the economy. ..."

"...Thaksin was a good change for Thai politics...."

Well he successfully divided all Thai into two groups who were quickly taught to               hate each other, plus quickly established his own ruthless gang of thugs, plus

bought power in the parliament by employing a gang of thieves who were paid a

personal not small salary by the paymaster and well as receiving a state parliament       salary but none of them, over many years ever made a speech, none of them ever

tabled even one suggestion for new / improved policies or laws, and they all voted

(said yes sir) as ordered by their boss. Nice changes indeed -  all making the young

folks of Thailand totally confused about what democracy means and what is looks

like. 

"...He did bring in change to help the poor, ..."

Not true, how many poor farmers now enjoy a good quality of life / are typical

middle income families?  Answer - very very small numbers - the families who had

privileged access to rice milling, transport, etc.

"...many new contributions to the economy. ..."  

Perhaps you mean things like ordering Thai banks to loan billions to the Myanmar

state so that Myanmar had money to buy the paymasters products! Totally

immoral and unethical, but he had no hesitation to do it. 

:cheesy:    Thaksin was a good change in Thai politics for himself.

come on ......   your not that naive are you .....    now the sister is following in his footsteps.

11 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The sentence is a bit over the top is what most are saying, i.e. drink drive and kill a cop, community sentence, 10,000 baht fine, 2 years suspended license.

42 years for fraud, come on mate, get a grip !!!

If you want to take the big gamble, expect the big sentence. Or do you think he should get the same sentence as a clerk stealing a few thousand baht?

21 hours ago, nikmar said:

Wonder what Yingluck wouldve got if she was found guilty.

a source in the advanced mathematics  dept of one of the finer schools speculated it could be the first legit time use of this number , one "kabillion"  years .

Edited by mikiea

35 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The law is the law ....  he got his just deserts.

Yingluck is lucky she got outa Dodge.

Khun Prayuth is going after those thieving scoundrels.  

Good job PM ....   :wai:

59a10ff9ae4e5_KhunPrayuthChanOCha.jpg.bda9bdbfe1883457f1cbed2ccab004f4.jpg

image.png

If he really wanted to go after thieving scoundrels, he could make a good start with some of his close family members.

Remember the case of his brother and nephew?

I still remember, but everyone else seem to have forgotten.

2 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

If he really wanted to go after thieving scoundrels, he could make a good start with some of his close family members.

sorry for the double picture in the post.  my WiFi is so slow so I tried to delete and upload twice ...

53 minutes ago, halloween said:

If you want to take the big gamble, expect the big sentence. Or do you think he should get the same sentence as a clerk stealing a few thousand baht?

I think a 500 baht fine, a public Kowtow and straight of to the monk hood would have been sufficient, after all, this is Thailand.

16 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Maybe the  Government of  your  country of  origin?  Good luck  with  that !  lol

16 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

she is the only one elected PM, not correct? so she has the right to form her new government!

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

sorry for the double picture in the post.  my WiFi is so slow so I tried to delete and upload twice ...

How about answering his question instead of complaining about you Internet speed? Here, let me remind you:

Capture.PNG.e0bb5124d9241a95f24e54cc10c050d3.PNG

2 hours ago, halloween said:

You will get twenty years here, for transporting fifty thousand yaba tablets. 42 years jail time is fair, in this country.

The maximum sentence Yinguluck could have gotten was 10 years, the fact that she fled that says a lot about how much she cares about her movement. 

I don't think everyone in this thread is fully aware of the amount of money that was lost by this scheme and the obscene amount of greed and corruption that was going on around it. This country is in an utter state when it comes to politicians and the nasty little elite that seems to have everything and as much as they want to fool you, the Shinawatras are right in amongst that little circle. 

Edited by bkkgooner

10 minutes ago, bkkgooner said:

The maximum sentence Yinguluck could have gotten was 10 years, the fact that she fled that says a lot about how much she cares about her movement. 

I don't think everyone in this thread is fully aware of the amount of money that was lost by this scheme and the obscene amount of greed and corruption that was going on around it. This country is in an utter state when it comes to politicians and the nasty little elite that seems to have everything and as much as they want to fool you, the Shinawatras are right in amongst that little circle. 

Should have also been maximum of 10 years for the fella presently starting his 42 year sentence....

Are you completely unable to see that the whole 'justice' system is bought and paid for by the little general and his merry band and is totally rotten to the core...

20 hours ago, halloween said:

You could try reading the reports of the time. But to state it again, how do you push the price up while massively increasing your production? By not selling, which only helps the other sellers?

You are good at criticising with hindsight but you fail to understand the initial economic theory.

49 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

You are good at criticising with hindsight but you fail to understand the initial economic theory.

I am quite happy to discuss supply/demand elasticity theory with you, are you familiar with it? There are quite a few other good reasons why it wouldn't work, eg.

higher price will encourage other suppliers into the market, farmers elsewhere will grow more or switch to rice. That there are so many suppliers made this inevitable

other foods are available, and suppliers may drop prices to encourage consumers to change

many consumers are poor, with price increase they will buy less (you know, STARVE)

But you knew all that, right. Try looking at The Economist's view of the scam, BEFORE it started, no hindsight, no bias, just a suppressed giggle.

Edited by halloween

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

The law is the law ....  he got his just deserts.

Yingluck is lucky she got outa Dodge.

Khun Prayuth is going after those thieving scoundrels.  

Good job PM ....   :wai:

59a10ff9ae4e5_KhunPrayuthChanOCha.jpg.bda9bdbfe1883457f1cbed2ccab004f4.jpg

image.png

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2017/08/25/thailands-lawless-junta-versus-yingluck-shinawatra-uses-courts-to-punish-political-opponents/#422b21b269a4

read it

4 hours ago, tomas557 said:

they will ignore all that and continue their fawning, sycophantic love of the Junta 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

How many billion baht did they waste/steal?

Don't know. The junta leader has warned off anyone trying to look into the finances of himself, his family and his fellow junta members.

(Man, that was easy!)

46 minutes ago, halloween said:

I am quite happy to discuss supply/demand elasticity theory with you, are you familiar with it? There are quite a few other good reasons why it wouldn't work, eg.

higher price will encourage other suppliers into the market, farmers elsewhere will grow more or switch to rice. That there are so many suppliers made this inevitable

other foods are available, and suppliers may drop prices to encourage consumers to change

many consumers are poor, with price increase they will buy less (you know, STARVE)

But you knew all that, right. Try looking at The Economist's view of the scam, BEFORE it started, no hindsight, no bias, just a suppressed giggle.

You're refering to The Economist??? OK, I'll remember that the next time they write something unfavorable regarding the junta and quote them to you. You shouldn't have to wait long as they do that on a regular basis.