Could Hua Hin trump Pattaya for tourism in the future?

Inspire

30 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

oh c'mon on!!...it's not all that bad!!:sleep:

Yeah! I know. They have Kebab! Something I miss very much out here in Isaan. You know, rice paddy after rice paddy. Oh! A Concrete Factory! And a rice paddy. :cheesy:

it wont take long and hua hin will suffer the chaos and congestion pattaya now sees...yes thais just seem to squeeze the life out of anything worth anything....but hey ''I have met lots of talented women ,who can make a swan from a drinking straw''..so thiers THAT...

Edited by mok199
speliing

On 8/26/2017 at 7:21 AM, champers said:

There are some direct flights into Pattaya from China and as the airport expands there will be more. Also, good links to other tourist hotspots in Thailand by air from Pattaya. Does Hua Hin have its own international airport?

I think both can prosper, but Pattaya has more than a head start, so Hua Hin will have to play 2nd fiddle to Pattaya.

The vast majority of expats in Hua Hin are very happy to play 2nd fiddle to Pattaya. 

23 hours ago, UKJASE said:

there is nowhere in hua hin where you can walk along the sea front, and still be within the city, like you can on beach road in pattaya.  this makes pattaya a much more attractive city.

the town planning has let itself down in hua hin.  being a city on the sea, but rarely being able to see the sea, will always make pattaya more attractive to many

Whoever allowed a huge Hilton to block the view of the sea should be jailed for life, IMO.

The other thing they did that is actually criminal is to allow properties to encroach below high tide level, making it impossible to walk along the beach at high tide.

18 hours ago, roo860 said:

They could widen the footpaths in Hua Hin to accommodate more mobility scooters, keep the old expats off the main road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They have footpaths in H H?

Could have fooled me when I was there and nearly got killed walking in the road.

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yeah! I know. They have Kebab! Something I miss very much out here in Isaan. You know, rice paddy after rice paddy. Oh! A Concrete Factory! And a rice paddy. :cheesy:

I'm sure if you miss the Kebab others surely also do...looks like there is an interesting business venture to make perhps in lovely Isaan!!!