SURVEY: Will the gov't have Yingluck extradited?

Scott

SURVEY: Will the gov't try to have Yingluck returned to Thailand?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are numerous threads about the recent events that have led to Yingluck fleeing Thailand.    In your opinion, do you think the gov't will actively attempt to have her returned to Thailand?

Please feel free to leave a comment, but exercise care in making references to the current gov't.

Wheres Waldo ?

Maybe I need to fly to Tahiti and see if she is there........

ohh maybe Venice Italy next.............ummmm Easter islands......

This is going to be a tough job , so many places to look :)

They do not  want her or her brother back , they needs them as Dirty Politicians and the Generals will save the day !

24 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Well 100% looks like everyone on the forum sees this as it is.....

LOL, it is only me that finds it odd that TVF members reach consensus with an apparently frictionless vote?  Maybe we should stick to talking about broken relationships and what's happening in Walking Street/Patong/Nana etc

In 'The Art of War' a must have, is a 'competent enemy', and if you don't have one then make one.

The Thaksins being alive and well but outside of the country isn't such a bad choice, and the current incumbents can portray great leadership in the face of 'such adversity'.

If she cools her heels in Dubai I doubt the Thai government

will do more than talk and pontificate. But if she tries to claim

political asylum in the UK all bets are off. They may well try

to have her extradited.

i believe this is what you call a dog and pony show, basically meaning that yes the general will spend 100 m baht to try and get her back but will not happen. we all wonder wear the money go.  might be same as he pays 5 mUS$ per missile and wiki says they cost 1.2 mUS$.

life in non corrupt thailand

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Hell, no, they won't try to get her back.  They are jumping for joy that's she's gone. 

Absolutely . . . that was the whole idea . . . wasn't it? Best bit of planning they've managed since they kicked her out of office. If I'd been holding all the cards - and the guns - 40 months ago, I'd have politely smoothed her exit, then, and held a calm election that same year.

6 minutes ago, DavidHenryPilkington said:

Absolutely . . . that was the whole idea . . . wasn't it? Best bit of planning they've managed since they kicked her out of office. If I'd been holding all the cards - and the guns - 40 months ago, I'd have politely smoothed her exit, then, and held a calm election that same year.

You would have done that, obviously the Junta has different plans. The whole point in kicking PT out of office is to make sure elections don't matter, they now achieved that with their shiny new constitution. So it should now be safe for them to actually hold elections.

32 minutes ago, DavidHenryPilkington said:

Another one who repeats the lie that that the army kicked her out of office.

She was found guilty by the Constitutional Court and removed from office some 2 weeks before the coup .

Why are they even talking about this? No they do not want her back. This is a better way to discredit the Reds who have won every election for 20 years, and without two military interventions, would be running the country.

And when has Thailand ever extradited anyone of importance (Poo-Yai) in a major court case?  Unless it is jack the ripper, a mad monk, or a pedo, that just never happens. Although they love shop talking it like it is a viable option. The more you talk about it, the more people believe it’s a real option. Just window dressing.

7 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Why are they even talking about this? No they do not want her back. This is a better way to discredit the Reds who have won every election for 20 years, and without two military interventions, would be running the country.

And when has Thailand ever extradited anyone of importance (Poo-Yai) in a major court case?  Unless it is jack the ripper, a mad monk, or a pedo, that just never happens. Although they love shop talking it like it is a viable option. The more you talk about it, the more people believe it’s a real option. Just window dressing.

Nailed it !!!

10 minutes ago, Gunna said:

Another one who repeats the lie that that the army kicked her out of office.

She was found guilty by the Constitutional Court and removed from office some 2 weeks before the coup .

Another who fails to understand the basic duty of various levels of administrative process. Since when does the Constitutional Court rule on the transfer of a public servant.

Answer: when the constitutional court is nothing more than a puppet for the military, who although at the time had yet to overthrow the government and totally remove the Constitution under which the ruling was said to be made, the planning was clearly in process for many years.

So under the Coustitution, it became an offense to transfer a public service but not to overthrow the government and repeal the constitution. 

Yep, 2 more bottles of whisky and that should all make sense!

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They let her escape, not in their best interests to attempt to get her back.

Make your mind up - did they let her go or was she "disappeared" as you keep posting?

But it certainly looks like the unfortunate Muslim HR lawyer, and Billy the forest activist were disappeared.

Edited by Baerboxer

15 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, Gunna, and don't mention irrefutable inconvenient facts that irritate Shin apologists because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Even the BBC, on their timeline of events, showed her leaving office after being found guilty of an abuse of power by a court in May 2014, weeks before the coup.

But the Shin apologists want to pretend that never happened. They're not adult enough to deal with the reality.