Yingluck ‘may seek UK asylum

rooster59

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, southcoast said:

You say "especially when there are many hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people fleeing actual harm in their home nations" how do you know there ALL Innocent!!! a lot of them are NOT Asylum Seekers they only come to the UK to do harm to innocent people. They don't have ID or passports so how the hell do we know who they are! Answer = WE DON'T. How about all the problems in Paris, Brussels and London., innocent people being killed. Think about it.

If she does come to the UK least she will be the ONLY Asylum Seeker in the UK that wont be claiming for "free medical, free accommodation, free food, free television, free clothing, free schooling and all the other freebies they get, the list goes on and on thus dragging the economy down even more. Its funny that they travel through 6, 7 or 8 country's to get to the UK, ever wondered why! (probably not).

Please note, this is NOT racial discrimination this is common sense, I am married to a Thai lady and I don't think you have a clue what us Brits have to pay out for, how many hoops we have to go through to get out wife/girlfriend over here, (I know its our choice) I presume that the money we pay out for this privilege goes towards the freebies that are handed out. Most politicians through out the world are corrupt so don't think she, maybe, the only one.

And finally if you think she left with out on her own then you are sadly mistaken,  she was HELPED out of the country. How the hell did she get a private jet to Singapore, not with out a lot of help. Wonder if they asked for her passport at immigration ?.

If you really worried about asylum seekers having a raw deal maybe they can stay at your place!

The sooner Thailand gets back to a democratic country instead of being run by the military the better.

That's my rant over for the day, if you disagree with my comments ( you will I know) that your problem not mine, end of.

When was Thailand ever democratic? Makes me laugh when people keep posting "Get Back to a Democratic Country" when the Government that the General dissolved was no more democratic than his. OK people "voted" for Yingluck. I accept that. But I don't accept that her Government, run as a proxy for her "brother" in Dubai, was democratic. Neither was Thaksin's. The facts speak for themselves. People have voted for dictators like Hun Sen, Mugabe and so on. And they weren't democratic either.

Edited by ianf

9 minutes ago, ianf said:

This is bsolutely true. And those that think otherwise are victims of their own delusion. Delusion comes from a firm belief in one side or the other. If you ake a disappasionate view - ie perhaps both sides are as bad as each other - then you'd also come to the conclusion that the rice 'scheme' was initiated by her 'brother' in order to win popular votes. The worst thing about it was withdrawing the rice from the world commodities market thus forcing the price up. Hey, is it a good idea nto increase the price of the basic foodstuff for most of the world's poorest people? Those who support the Shins must think that's OK because they don't give a damn about the poor people, they are just interested in manipulating those that can bring them power and even more obscene wealth. Political Asylum? Well, the UK has bought into the lie that Thaksin has perpetuated over the years that he is a victim of an unjust political and judicial system. If you repeat a lie often enough then people will believe it. Indeed he's really a human rights abuser responsible for the extra-judicial killings of 3000+ people in an unjust war that was targeted at drug dealers but caught quite a few of his political opponents in the same net. He wasn't a democrat and neither was/is his 'sister'. He was/is a dictator furthering the cause of USA interests in SEAsia and she is his puppet. The truth is  stranger than fiction and one that cannot be denied by the Shin-ideologues that support him. Being opposed to the Shins does not mean supporting the General. The Shins may have been elected but does that mean they ran democracies? The anti-democratic nature of both Shins' time in office is pretty transparent to those who want to see it. I would be furious, but not surprised if the UK granted her asylum.

You talk about taking a dispassionate view then launch into a lengthy phillipic against one side. Bang goes your credibility there...

5 hours ago, baboon said:

No she isn't. 

Technically speaking, she is. Although most people fully understand the theatrics involved in this whole case.

Had Bill Shakespeare been around today he might have called this whole  situation 'A Comedy of Errors'. A true farce.

Is Bail Jumping a Crime?

Yes, bail jumping is a crime. In fact, it is a separate crime from the original criminal charge that landed the defendant in jail.

What Are the Penalties for Bail Jumping?

Under federal and state laws, there are specific consequences for not appearing in court while on bail:

• The money paid for bail is not returned to the defendant
  • The defendant continues to face the original criminal charges
  • The defendant may face additional criminal charges

'https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/is-bail-jumping-a-crime.html

7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Technically speaking, she is. Although most people fully understand the theatrics involved in this whole case.

Had Bill Shakespeare been around today he might have called this whole  situation 'A Comedy of Errors'. A true farce.

Is Bail Jumping a Crime?

Yes, bail jumping is a crime. In fact, it is a separate crime from the original criminal charge that landed the defendant in jail.

What Are the Penalties for Bail Jumping?

Under federal and state laws, there are specific consequences for not appearing in court while on bail:

• The money paid for bail is not returned to the defendant
  • The defendant continues to face the original criminal charges
  • The defendant may face additional criminal charges

'https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/is-bail-jumping-a-crime.html

Can't really argue there. However I doubt bail jumping was what the poster I replied to had in mind. Nor is she on the run.

Edited by baboon

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Can't really argue there. However I doubt bail jumping was what the poster I replied to had in mind. Nor is he on the run.

Did she actually even jumped bail ?. It seem she was assisted by the authorities to leave a few days before the verdict was going to be announced. 

Just now, sjaak327 said:

Did she actually even jumped bail ?. It seem she was assisted by the authorities to leave a few days before the verdict was going to be announced. 

I suppose it is still jumping bail nevertheless, even if it was orchestrated by the junta. Ratcatcher did qualify what he wrote with "technically"...

3 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Yes assisted i would imagine part of the deal was authorities could say she jumped bail, their face saved. She was protecting her people, har face saved. And maybe a 42 year sentence for someone else as a sweetener...

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

A theoretical situation endorsed by the reds because it suits their agenda; it sounds so much better than the filthy rich criminal bribed her way out.

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

A theoretical situation endorsed by the reds because it suits their agenda; it sounds so much better than the filthy rich criminal bribed her way out.

So you are seriously claiming she was able to get out without the Junta knowing ? If that is true, they have once again showed their utter incompetence. 

Whatever rocks your boat Halloween. 

1 minute ago, halloween said:

The writing is on the wall for Ch-o-ch. His reign extended by his orchestrating YingShins no-show on Friday.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

I suppose it is still jumping bail nevertheless, even if it was orchestrated by the junta. Ratcatcher did qualify what he wrote with "technically"...

Fair enough. Now as Halloween seems to claim, she most definitely bribed her way out, once again showing the utter incompetence of the Junta. Oh would I want to be a fly on the wall in prayuth's office last friday. 

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Fair enough. Now as Halloween seems to claim, she most definitely bribed her way out, once again showing the utter incompetence of the Junta. Oh would I want to be a fly on the wall in prayuth's office last friday. 

I wouldn't give it too much thought. Some posters will say / invent literally anything as their position becomes ever more untenable. It is just desperation creeping in.

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Can't really argue there. However I doubt bail jumping was what the poster I replied to had in mind. Nor is she on the run.

'Nor is she on the run.'

Absolutely true. IMO as well as most sane people, she was given an ultimatum and co-operation and  she agreed. Not a fugitive in reality, as we all know the pm doesn't want her back. But, the show must go on.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, I disagree, if you allow amnesty for one political criminal, you might as well allow ALL political criminals to go free. Something about the law applying equally to anyone and something about reconciliation. (remember Prayuth and CO uttering those words in the beginning). 

In any case, Thaksin's amnesty (and Suthep, Abhishit and others) was introduced by a legitimate government, and the only reason it didn't pass is because the senate rejected it. Prayuth's amnesty was introduced at gun point, and no-one could do anything about it. 

Surely you can see which amnesty is worse. Yet I don't see Suthep blocking the streets of Bangkok over Prayuth's amnesty, the hypocrite. 

Yes I can see what one was worse.... the one that brought out the people to oppose it. Abhisit and Suthep) did not want an amnesty they wanted to face the law. They were not cowards who run.. the Shin way. They tried making a case against them to have them support the amnesty. It was great that the Thai people decided enough is enough and came out to dispose of YL and her government. 

21 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

he didn't 'get one' he TOOK ONE

stand up robblok!!! 

So what.. I don't agree with it that he took one or got one whatever. I did not agree with the Thaksin one, an amnesty without the political bigshots would have been good.. But no.. Thaksin had to be included and it messed it all up.. the people rose and it was the beginning of the end for YL and her goverment, all because of nepotism.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes I can see what one was worse.... the one that brought out the people to oppose it. Abhisit and Suthep did not want an amnesty they wanted to face the law. 

Oh, yeah. They always wanted to face the law. Like they did after the mass-murders they were responsible for in Lumpini, 2010. Real stand-up guys those two. That´s what I´ve always said.

12 hours ago, quadperfect said:

This whole dog and pony show is hilariouse. I lean towards all thailand is corrupt and dishonest. This way i am not shocked by daily life in the kingdome.

JUST LIKE THE UK !

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

The people of Thailand who had enough of the Shins, the Bangkok office workers and others that were fed up with the amnesty.

The people IN Thailand who had had enough of the Shins, I presume you mean? Otherwise you would be seen to be giving a blatantly false impression that the majority of Thais rose as one, which is patently not the case.

1 hour ago, ianf said:

When was Thailand ever democratic? Makes me laugh when people keep posting "Get Back to a Democratic Country" when the Government that the General dissolved was no more democratic than his. 

And there goes your credibility.

53 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes I can see what one was worse.... the one that brought out the people to oppose it. Abhisit and Suthep) did not want an amnesty they wanted to face the law. They were not cowards who run.. the Shin way. They tried making a case against them to have them support the amnesty. It was great that the Thai people decided enough is enough and came out to dispose of YL and her government. 

It's probably worth mentioning that after the attempted amnesty by the elected government of YL people were allowed to protest. After the actual amnesty the junta gave themselves people who had protested would have been jailed or worse. See the difference?

Edited by Becker

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right... there was an armed wing bombing, shooting and killing the people who rose so yes it certainly was not all the people many did not dare to come fearing for their live. 

If it was a majority.. I am not sure I never counted them, but the Shins always never had a majority of people vote for them so what does it matter.

So you were giving a blatantly false impression. Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

I think you'll find that very, very few people today believe that YL escaped without the junta's consent. Sorry if that interferes with your green/yellow agenda.

Request to mods: could you please arrange a poll on the subject?

Let me add my voice to those who have probably already said this. I find the possiblility of an asylum seeker to UK who will not be relying on the state for support, attractive.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Let me add my voice to those who have probably already said this. I find the possiblility of an asylum seeker to UK who will not be relying on the state for support, attractive.

An attractive asylum seeker with a ton of cash - what's not to like?!

4 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

There would be more if the Bulgarians would stop robbing them on their way through.