Yingluck ‘may seek UK asylum

rooster59

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

The problem with democratic elections in Thailand is that they are only the first of many steps for the country to become democratic to western standards.

Unfortunately for Thailand no government that I know of has advanced to step #2 and I have been around Thailand for 23 years.

Indeed. No elected government has been allowed to stay in power for more than a few years before the old elite took it away from them so how can there ever be a step # 2? 

Would the UK government grant her asylum status, she is a fugitive running away from a court hearing which could sentence her to jail time.
She's not running away from imminent personnel danger of any kind, not running away from a war situation, or being personally threatened with violence from anyone or institution.

She's just a common criminal on the run !!

48 minutes ago, Gunna said:

Why do you keep repeating these lies

She was removed from power before the coup by the Constitutional Court of Thailand after finding her guilty of abuse of power on 07 May

Yes correct, however her government in care taker status was indeed removed illegally. A crime that will never go punished, and the purpetrators are the same hypocrites who brought on this show trial. Yingluck has nothing to fear, no-one outside of Thailand will treat her as a criminal.

2 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

She has lost respect from most of her supporters now. Thais dont like liars.

2 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Prove it. show the facts to back up what you say......you cant can you?

First you make a totally unsubstantiated claim about YL having lost the respect of her supporters and when someone points out that her escape was approved and facilitated by the junta (which anyone with an IQ exceeding their shoe size number realizes) you start to huff and puff!

:clap2::clap2:

Edited by Becker

6 hours ago, anto said:

So you don't think that Australian politicians can be bought ? The only thing that might stop Australia giving her a Passport straight away is that America might not like it .

Do you really think that Aussie politicians give a rats arse about YL, half of them wouldn't even know who she is, and from memory her camel herding brother isn't welcome so why would she. 

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

On another site today there's mention that boonxxxx is actually the lacky / the fallman for the unethical projects and actions of  another member of the paymasters' family. 

Interesting reading, however it could possibly fit with the comments in todays' BP by suraxxxx.

In regard to boonxxxx even if he was the lacky of another powerful, ruthless and immoral person he is a well educated and well experienced man but immoral and unethical, he chose to head up as the main man in the G to G deals and no doubt was very well rewarded (he's a billionaire) and now he's paid the price. We reap what we sow.  

boonxxxx, suraxxxx. Are you drunk??

Thailand, UK or Dubai...I don't see much difference?....All seem corrupt in their fashion and provide safe havens for suspected crooks, provided they have money or connections....the only thing that changes between Thailand and the UK seems to be in the pricetag  of the "get out of jail free" card!!!!....I doubt that the  UK Elite Visa would cost 500'000 Bhat!! :cheesy::welcomeani:

P.S. to my UK and Dubai friends, relax, no hard feelings necessary!!

She should just go live with the Red Bull guy .. Thai police avoid him like the plague. She will be immune from law enforcement as long as she is with him! Also if she runs out of money she can always borrow from Boss :D

48 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Scathing and absolutely spot on.

Thanks for posting. 

I'm a little skeptical that the person they're demonizing has as much power and discretion as the article indicates.  I have no doubt that even he is surrounded by some on his staff whose job it is to report back to the real powers and be ready to take him out if he doesn't follow the script.  

Not unlike just about every elected government in recent Thai history.

Edit:  Except the one where they would have been reporting right back to the PM.  But even he got booted in 2006.

Edited by impulse

Not too many (any?) western countries recognise military regimes that take over a country by ousting an elected government. 

With the current junta' open display of abuses toward the Thai people, and their management of the judiciary....most countries would accept that Yingluck' situation could have become dangerous.

YL would be eligible for sanctuary in many countries.

8 hours ago, bheard said:

Spending the rest of one's life in Dubai would be akin to life in a Thai prison I'd reckon. She'll be going elsewhere for sure.

You need to check out Thai prisons, 42 years is a death sentence twice over!

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

She was facing a maximum 10 year sentence.

You are conflating two different cases.

:coffee1:

As if 10 years in a Thai prison is a walk in the park. With the Junta's record of people being incarcerated (think mysterious deaths, bodies already cremated) I don't think anyone would take the chance ...

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If the (yet to be read) judgement and sentencing was passed by a court operating under a democratically elected, civilian administration, then maybe your righteous indignation as a 'disgusted' UK citizen would mean something.

The british stif upper lip aproach    

idiotoc comment   do you know what it means ?

many many people here realy care for her  must carefull  when expressing yourself as like every where they are watching   

9 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Not too many (any?) western countries recognise military regimes that take over a country by ousting an elected government. 

With the current junta' open display of abuses toward the Thai people, and their management of the judiciary....most countries would accept that Yingluck' situation could have become dangerous.

YL would be eligible for sanctuary in many countries.

What elected government? 

5 hours ago, baboon said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. With her money and the regime she has left behind, she will be fast tracked a passport for pretty much any country of her choosing. Any asylum claim would just be to score a few political points.

She would'nt need a passport claiming asylum, most of the so called asylum seekers make sure they have no passport, so cannot be traced from actually where they stem from, which of course would not apply in her case! 

Asylum seekers cherry picking again, they should seek asylum in the first country they reach after leaving their own...

If she is granted asylum in the UK it should be on condition she keep a low profile and not engage in any political activity like enticing unrest in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

She would'nt need a passport claiming asylum, most of the so called asylum seekers make sure they have no passport, so cannot be traced from actually where they stem from, which of course would not apply in her case! 

But it sure would be handy for those weekend shopping trips to Paris and NYC.

3 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Well i hope she enjoys the cold and damp,getting light about 8am in winter and dark by four,the endless grey skies,still there is good shopping i suppose.

Yep you can't beat the endless rows of poundland, pound stretcher, pound world. You can even sit on a bench and eat some yummy bland food in the grey drizzle. Though that's just the normal folk here I suppose. In fact, with the divide we have here, she'll feel right at home. ?

Joking aside I'm sure she can claim political asylum.

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I'd be proud if Britain offered her asylum and sent that Red Bull scum back here. Britain has a proud history of democracy, ethics and freedom and she would be safe there.

Try to say that to the widow of Alexander Litvinenko, she too was assured her husband would be safe in the UK.

2 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Try to say that to the widow of Alexander Litvinenko, she too was assured her husband would be safe in the UK.

I guess you are never 100% safe anywhere but I might add that she's a tad safer there than in a Bangkok Remand Cell with those pesky CCTV cameras keep getting 'faults' whenever there is a 'suicide' or 'accidental death'.