buy a real copy of Windows 10 in Pattaya?

mitebbots

You can get a real copy of Windows 10 at Wattana Computer shop on Pattaya Klang (North Road) opposite from Foodland.  I think the cost is around 3,000 baht for the home version.  You can also order it from Invade IT (located in Hua Hin, but ships to anywhere in Thailand) -depending on version, they charge 3,990 to 7,990 baht plus delivery - cost for shipping depends on method - lowest is for Thai Post EMS and highest is Kerry (Thai delivery service - for me ihere in Pattaya, I get overnight delivery if they use Kerry) - here is link for online ordering of Windows 10: http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/software/

If you want to have someone to install it, the person I use works out of his house - he comes to your location and charges 300 baht (per hour, but he has spent more time than that working on my computer and only charged the 300 baht) - you can send me a private message for name and phone number.  He has also built three computers to my specifications for me over the years.  He also did a major upgrade on the last one as I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10, but needed to change my existing motherboard to handle Windows 10  (you may want to be sure your friend's computer meets Windows 10 requirements).

2 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

You can get a real copy of Windows 10 at Wattana Computer shop on Pattaya Klang (North Road) opposite from Foodland.  I think the cost is around 3,000 baht for the home version.  You can also order it from Invade IT (located in Hua Hin, but ships to anywhere in Thailand) -depending on version, they charge 3,990 to 7,990 baht plus delivery - cost for shipping depends on method - lowest is for Thai Post EMS and highest is Kerry (Thai delivery service - for me ihere in Pattaya, I get overnight delivery if they use Kerry) - here is link for online ordering of Windows 10: http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/software/

If you want to have someone to install it, the person I use works out of his house - he comes to your location and charges 300 baht (per hour, but he has spent more time than that working on my computer and only charged the 300 baht) - you can send me a private message for name and phone number.  He has also built three computers to my specifications for me over the years.  He also did a major upgrade on the last one as I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10, but needed to change my existing motherboard to handle Windows 10  (you may want to be sure your friend's computer meets Windows 10 requirements).

Ridiculous prices. Get a genuine copy of Win 7 for around 1000 Baht and upgrade for free (yes, still works!) to Windows 10.

You can buy a license directly from Microsoft - you'll get the key from MS in an email.

Then just use the media creation tool to make a bootable USB or CD/DVD.

There are some cost-effective licenses on kinguin ( ~ $30 USD with buyer protection ), but I could never get that site to accept any of my credit cards, or PayPal. Others report success.

7 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Wattana Computer shop on Pattaya Klang (North Road) opposite from Foodland

Agree. They also have a shop at Tukcom. They installed it for me. I registered with Microsoft on line. No problems, so completely legit.

Ridiculous prices. Get a copy of Win 7 for around 1000 Baht and upgrade for free (yes, still works!) to Windows 10.

If you can find someone who still sells a legitimate copy of Windows 7.  Also, as I understand it, it has to be done in a special way - I believe there was a ThaiVisa item on how to do it.  But, as previously mentioned, if your friend is still using Vista, it is possible their existing hardware will not be able handle Windows 10.

1 minute ago, soisanuk said:

If you can find someone who still sells a legitimate copy of Windows 7.  Also, as I understand it, it has to be done in a special way - I believe there was a ThaiVisa item on how to do it.  But, as previously mentioned, if your friend is still using Vista, it is possible their existing hardware will not be able handle Windows 10.

Loads of online sellers. Paying a minimum of 4k Baht for an operating system that practically shows you an ad during EVERY startup is just plain silly. With all the spying and the ads it should be free anyway.

If your friends computer is old enough that its running Vista, it may not work with Windows 10 or will be very slow. Your friend may not want to change either and you could be wasting your money.

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

Just had a thoughty, you can actually buy it online through Microsoft and download it.

By far the best idea. I do this for all not-free software now. Over the years I bought "original" versions of Microsoft Office and several anti-virus programmes at Tuk Com in Pattaya - never again! The funniest one was when the new, supposedly original McAfee, beautifully boxed and labelled, was found to contain over a thousand viruses by my old, out-of-date but really original program. I lost about 2,000 baht which I put down to experience, never installed it and use the CD-rom as a place mat.

Heck, just buy a license off Ebay....I bought two Win 10 Pro licenses in Sep 15 for $15USD each....both worked (and still work) like a charm almost two years later.  Plenty of similar Ebay listings right now.   The license number is email to you within hours (or much less) of you buying the license with instructions where to download which will probably be the MS Windows site where you can download Windows.

In many cases these are licenses which have been uninstalled from computers and can legally be resold under EU laws.

3 hours ago, wump said:

Loads of online sellers. Paying a minimum of 4k Baht for an operating system that practically shows you an ad during EVERY startup is just plain silly. With all the spying and the ads it should be free anyway.

I'm not sure where you got yours. Mine doesn't show ads not have spyware.

Like all modern os it can collect private information, however it is very easy to turn off.

I encourage purchasing online from MS. Obviously legal, legit, and they keep a record of your key so no worry about losing the DVD.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Heck, just buy a license off Ebay....I bought two Win 10 Pro licenses in Sep 15 for $15USD each....both worked (and still work) like a charm almost two years later.  Plenty of similar Ebay listings right now.   The license number is email to you within hours (or much less) of you buying the license with instructions where to download which will probably be the MS Windows site where you can download Windows.

In many cases these are licenses which have been uninstalled from computers and can legally be resold under EU laws.

acapture.JPG.c398364ac45b8d66364f3a5d53bbc4af.JPG

2 hours ago, Pib said:

1 hour ago, maxpower said:

acapture.JPG.c398364ac45b8d66364f3a5d53bbc4af.JPG

This is totally legal/most economical and easiest way to get a license.  Also licenses available for office at

a similar price.  The keys are delivered by Ebay message, I got both of mine within minutes, all done.

yeap....back in Jan 17 I also bought 3 licenses for MS Office 2016 Professional Plus...at the time paid approx $12USD for each license....all licenses work like a charm....get updates just like I have a MS Office 365 subscription.  In fact, it's the same updates as the current MS Office 365 which is actually just MS Office 2016 repackaged. 

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes, still free directly from Microsoft, I installed last month, seamless install and trouble free ever since. End of discussion.

On 28/08/2017 at 8:08 AM, wump said:

Can't you just legally download a copy? For sure they sell it in their online store?

Exactly.  That's how I imagine most folk get windows products, just download it.  Of course, this will only work if you have the right computer with enough memory and speed to cope. 

Like Roger said above, downloading a legal copy of Windows is easy....heck, do that from the Microsoft site.  But then you need a license to activate it....that's what you are really buying--the license.

On 28/08/2017 at 9:15 AM, RBOP said:

If your friends computer is old enough that its running Vista, it may not work with Windows 10 or will be very slow. Your friend may not want to change either and you could be wasting your money.

My Dell.laptop was vista when I bought it. Installed win7 latter. Got win 10 through MS free upgrade. Every thing works smooth and had no problems so far.

If you can live with not personalizing the desktop, and can live with the watermark in the bottom right of said desktop, W10 will work perfectly well without it being activated.

Not that I would encourage anyone to do this, just stating facts.

Archived