Yingluck Safe In Dubai, Source Says

webfact

Yingluck Safe In Dubai, Source Says

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

Thailand-Politics_Cham-696x480.jpg

Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra arrives July 21 at the Supreme Court for the last day of her hearing in Bangkok. Photo: Associated Press

BANGKOK — A source close to the Shinawatra family revealed Sunday that fugitive former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is safe in Dubai and would like to have time to reflect on the state of matters.

The source, who asked not to be named for fear of prosecution, added that Yingluck doesn’t want others to worry about her.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/08/28/yingluck-safe-dubai-source-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-28

Last I heard by a source was that she was seen in Disneyland and was going to make her way back to Thailand on the 27th to hear the verdict, before considering her next move.

Edited by 4MyEgo

Lots of unconfirmed reports that she is in Dubai, but I have yet to see any actual confirmation. I am sure she has enough friends here that she could remain hidden locally, as well or better than a certain monk. After all the best place to hide is right under peoples noses.

I would have bloody good laugh if after all the palaver it turned out she hadn't run off at all.

Edited by darksidedog

49 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I would have bloody good laugh if after all the palaver it turned out she hadn't run off at all.

And if the verdict came back not guilty!

Of course that's impossible as it was all decided long ago by the Junta. 

1 hour ago, DLang said:

Or there again, based on the evidence reported in the media, she's guilty. A charge which to date, she and her legal team have never defended.

Just now, DLang said:

I can't even imagine by the remotest sense of any kind of reality, other than that created by blind personality cult followers, that she is anything other than guilty. And I've never seen any kind of argument that holds an ounce of water that would make me even think for a moment that there might be some scintilla of evidence somewhere that might show her to be innocent. I remember the very first time the whole idea of the rice scam was floated. It was obvious on its face that it could not possibly succeed and was obviously just a piggy bank for the insanely corrupt elite. I was shocked when it eventually actually got enacted... well not really shocked since I know where I am, but no sane and moral person would have ever given the plan a second glance. She is culpable to the nth degree. And now, apparently, she goes and hides out with her likewise corrupt immoral brother. They are so extremely wealthy, if they really cared about Thailand, why don't they use their wealth for something to help Thailand rather than just helping themselves and their friends gain more wealth? Their political machinations have been for no other purpose than to use the country to line their coffers. They are fraudsters to the nines and have no conscience.

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lots of unconfirmed reports that she is in Dubai, but I have yet to see any actual confirmation. I am sure she has enough friends here that she could remain hidden locally, as well or better than a certain monk. After all the best place to hide is right under peoples noses.

I think shes burried in her back yard. she never left that house. It was the last place she was seen alive.

1 hour ago, Sig said:

I can't even imagine by the remotest sense of any kind of reality, other than that created by blind personality cult followers, that she is anything other than guilty. And I've never seen any kind of argument that holds an ounce of water that would make me even think for a moment that there might be some scintilla of evidence somewhere that might show her to be innocent. I remember the very first time the whole idea of the rice scam was floated. It was obvious on its face that it could not possibly succeed and was obviously just a piggy bank for the insanely corrupt elite. I was shocked when it eventually actually got enacted... well not really shocked since I know where I am, but no sane and moral person would have ever given the plan a second glance. She is culpable to the nth degree. And now, apparently, she goes and hides out with her likewise corrupt immoral brother. They are so extremely wealthy, if they really cared about Thailand, why don't they use their wealth for something to help Thailand rather than just helping themselves and their friends gain more wealth? Their political machinations have been for no other purpose than to use the country to line their coffers. They are fraudsters to the nines and have no conscience.

Post of the day. "Congratulations"

1 hour ago, Sig said:

I agree that the Shins are filthily rich.

But they are NOT in Forbe's top 10 - there are many far more filthily rich Thais.

Do these other hiso help Thailand?

here is the top 50

https://www.forbes.com/thailand-billionaires/list/#tab:overall

Edited by oldhippy
top 50

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Shes in the famous tunnel now opened on Sukhumvit !!!....working as security guard!!

11 hours ago, oldhippy said:

But they are NOT in Forbe's top 10 - there are many far more filthily rich Thais.

here is the top 50

Shows Thaksin at US$ 1.7-billion, didn't he used to be worth over US$ 4-billion ? :whistling:

4 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Shows Thaksin at US$ 1.7-billion, didn't he used to be worth over US$ 4-billion ? :whistling:

' added that Yingluck doesn’t want others to worry about her. '

I am worried about her in Dubai .... it's damn expensive over there.  !!

I'm thinking about taking the plate around at the local to drum up a few baht to send her ..  :guitar:  

I do not understand some posters' obsession (pro or contra) with 1 particular family of filthily rich hiso.

Don't all the hiso cheat and rape the country?

Don't all the hiso endeavour to keep the Thai people backward?

I can understand the little people getting all excited about this, they have their poor schoolsystem, the constant brainwashing, their culture, their religion to put the blame on - what excuse do TVF posters have?

What's so special about the Shins?

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Last I heard by a source was that she was seen in Disneyland and was going to make her way back to Thailand on the 27th to hear the verdict, before considering her next move.

No, California (USA) has extradition Treaty with Thailand! She won't go there! I've heard she is getting some Burka's made in Dubai, so she can go Camel Riding with the guys! That was from my source in the media!

Edited by tomwct

17 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I do not understand some posters' obsession (pro or contra) with 1 particular family of filthily rich hiso.

I can understand the little people getting all excited about this, they have their poor schoolsystem, the constant brainwashing, their culture, their religion to put the blame on - what excuse do TVF posters have?

You kinda hit the nail on the head there. Trouble is, there are a substantial number of posters who try to think of Thailand with expat notions of fairness, corruption and propriety.

The thing they miss is that essentially all the ruling elite, are essentially one and the same, and this is little more than an internecine family feud.

Thaksin was no more or less corrupt than any that preceded or followed him. His 'sin' was that he used the system post 1997 constitution and worked 'democracy' for all it was worth. To be fair, he did improve the lives of the vast majority of rural poor Thai's who had long been ignored, but it was for his own gain ultimately. So his 'sin' was that he didn't play by the rules of the elite, his corruption was far too open, unlike the rules of game say 'we're all going to line our pockets, but you keep it quiet'.

The other fact that people often miss is the fact that unlike in the West, the military is commercial operation. It runs companies, TV stations, all for profit, so don't tell me there isn't corruption and graft going on there. As for the Suthep's and the like, well they are so mired in documented corruption you could write a book

So the zealots on either side, fail to recognize the fundamental truth about this country, but it makes for endless TVF posts decrying one side or the other.

So, No, nothing special about the Shin's at all

Edited by GinBoy2

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Well, for a start they give TV an endless source of new threads. Be very quiet without them. Stick around until next week and there will be the ' Yingluk seen shopping in Dubai ' thread and another ' Prayuth gets angry again about being implicated in Yingluks escape '.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:59 PM, oldhippy said:

here is the top 50

Not sure why you quoted me for your post...?  I never mentioned anything about Forbes or compared them with other wealthy Thais. Whether or not other wealthy Thais help Thailand is irrelevant. Interesting list though those can be misleading since some are better at hiding their wealth than others. But at least one will know they are on there for a reason. I just wouldn't put much stock into the order.

On 28 August 2017 at 8:59 PM, oldhippy said:

here is the top 50

lame very lame peopel arem ore rich so Taksin is ok stealing from country and not caring a jot obviously your totally brainwashed im not claiming otheres arent corrupt but to claim Shins care 1 jot about people is totally naive 

6 hours ago, icare999 said:

lame very lame peopel arem ore rich so Taksin is ok stealing from country and not caring a jot obviously your totally brainwashed im not claiming otheres arent corrupt but to claim Shins care 1 jot about people is totally naive 

I pointed out that there is nothing special about the Shins.

The Shins are thieving hiso like all other hiso.

No reason to single the Shins out.

Their stealing is as repulsive as the stealing by other hiso.

They don't care about Thailand, just like other hiso don't care about Thailand.

Clear now?

7 hours ago, Sig said:

Not sure why you quoted me for your post...?  I never mentioned anything about Forbes or compared them with other wealthy Thais. Whether or not other wealthy Thais help Thailand is irrelevant. Interesting list though those can be misleading since some are better at hiding their wealth than others. But at least one will know they are on there for a reason. I just wouldn't put much stock into the order.

You have better / more information than Forbes? Please share!

Anyway, my point is that there is no reason to single out the Shins.

They are no better and no worse than other - more rich - thieving hiso.

Clear now?

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

You have better / more information than Forbes? Please share!

Anyway, my point is that there is no reason to single out the Shins.

They are no better and no worse than other - more rich - thieving hiso.

Clear now?

You can believe Forbes as much as you like, doesn't bother me. I just makes me wonder... and speaking of wonder... I wonder if you happened to notice any high level royalty (or any at all for that matter) on the list? You really think that list is accurate?

Anyway... I still don't know why the need to compare the level of rich Thais in the context of this article and in relation to my comment (even if there is an accurate list to be found). I definitely don't agree that all of the very wealthy are equally corrupt by any stretch of the imagination. That is a pretty incredible idea, to say the least. But again, it has no bearing on my original comment nor does it have any bearing on the article posted.
So, no, sorry, to answer your question - not clear at all.
I have no idea what your point is in relation to the article. If you happened to notice, the article is about a particular person, not about ALL rich and/or "hiso" Thai people. Bringing them in to compare is a distraction, far off point. But if you're just trying to make your own point... ok, interesting point that has nothing to do with this thread, which is about one particular person who is accused of committing a particular crime. If you want to call that singling somebody out, so be it. But I don't think it is realistic to demand journalists to always need to include every other person who may possibly be guilty of the same thing as the person who is the topic of their article. Do you have a problem with every article that focuses on a particular person and doesn't call out every other person who may have an equivalent kind of issue whether good or bad? Or is it only this particular family that you don't like people focusing on? You can always refuse reading or commenting on them if that's the case. That should make it easier for you not needing to put yourself in a place that brings frustration. And if you want to accuse every other living wealthy Thai person of equivalent crimes or immorality, you are free to do so, but I fail to see any relevance, benefit, reality or even plausibility. I guess I don't need to. To each their own....

On 8/29/2017 at 8:53 AM, lovelomsak said:

I do not feel she is in Dubai I think she is dead. We will never see her again. She probably did not flee but was murdered. No proof where she is. Her brother is silent. She is either murdered or held captive.

I am also surprised we haven't seen a Filipino maid or some hotel staff post a picture of her if she really is in Dubai. Why the silence?

Something fishy is going on here.

25 minutes ago, Sig said:

You can believe Forbes as much as you like, doesn't bother me. I just makes me wonder... and speaking of wonder... I wonder if you happened to notice any high level royalty (or any at all for that matter) on the list? You really think that list is accurate?

Anyway... I still don't know why the need to compare the level of rich Thais in the context of this article and in relation to my comment (even if there is an accurate list to be found). I definitely don't agree that all of the very wealthy are equally corrupt by any stretch of the imagination. That is a pretty incredible idea, to say the least. But again, it has no bearing on my original comment nor does it have any bearing on the article posted.
So, no, sorry, to answer your question - not clear at all.
I have no idea what your point is in relation to the article. If you happened to notice, the article is about a particular person, not about ALL rich and/or "hiso" Thai people. Bringing them in to compare is a distraction, far off point. But if you're just trying to make your own point... ok, interesting point that has nothing to do with this thread, which is about one particular person who is accused of committing a particular crime. If you want to call that singling somebody out, so be it. But I don't think it is realistic to demand journalists to always need to include every other person who may possibly be guilty of the same thing as the person who is the topic of their article. Do you have a problem with every article that focuses on a particular person and doesn't call out every other person who may have an equivalent kind of issue whether good or bad? Or is it only this particular family that you don't like people focusing on? You can always refuse reading or commenting on them if that's the case. That should make it easier for you not needing to put yourself in a place that brings frustration. And if you want to accuse every other living wealthy Thai person of equivalent crimes or immorality, you are free to do so, but I fail to see any relevance, benefit, reality or even plausibility. I guess I don't need to. To each their own....

>>>>>>I have no idea what your point is in relation to the article. If you happened to notice, the article is about a particular person,<<<<<

I was not commenting on an article. I was commenting on people like you that take sides.

I think that is silly.

As another poster pointed out, the main difference between the Shins and other hiso is that the Shins were not discrete in their money grab.

Also the Shins used - abused - the word democracy in their quest for money, the other hiso consider that dangerous - Pandoras Box.

As for the missing family in Forbes list. We agree.