Prayut: ‘Who would let Yingluck flee?’

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or try this one:

"Arresting an official here for corruption is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis (Indy) 500."

Bonus points for those who can name the movie from whence these paraphrased quotes originate.
Apocalypse Now Martin Sheen

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok i will have a guess on who let her go. Donald Trump Am i right? He gets blamed for everything so might as well blame this on him to. But some how i think the person talking here to the media is the culprit lol Mmmmmmmm wonder how much that was worth to let her out of the country? Millions i reckon 

Why would you offer it to Prayuth who already has millions, when there are guards at the gate who don't? Who is more likely to accept?

20 hours ago, berybert said:

Who let her flee ?

Old boys mind must be going if he's forgotten already.

Who Cares !!! ....  At Least She, her Brother and the Important members of their Corrupt ? Nepotistic!!! YES, ....Northern Family are Gone bow. Full Stop.

... If I was the Junta I would have let her go also, let her show us what she and her Family really are !!!. Just another Rich Northern, ... .... better not say any more.

I am Happy WITH the Junta, .... and I like Democracy !!! Think about it !!!! ....

1 minute ago, Mark Alexander Smith said:

Who Cares !!! ....  At Least She, her Brother and the Important members of their Corrupt ? Nepotistic!!! YES, ....Northern Family are Gone bow. Full Stop.

... If I was the Junta I would have let her go also, let her show us what she and her Family really are !!!. Just another Rich Northern, ... .... better not say any more.

I am Happy WITH the Junta, .... and I like Democracy !!! Think about it !!!! ....

Think about it !!!! ....

You obviously have not done much of that activity recently, so moving on...

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Why would you offer it to Prayuth who already has millions, when there are guards at the gate who don't? Who is more likely to accept?

In my world if you have 1 million u want 2 million 3 million u want 4 million It just never is enough Like a disease it is

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

In my world if you have 1 million u want 2 million 3 million u want 4 million It just never is enough Like a disease it is

Shinawatra's disease?  No Shinawatra Syndrome sounds better.

Edited by halloween

19 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Maybe she fooled everyone and is actually at home with a case of Vertigo, as reported by her lawyer....

That would make them look even more foolish if that's possible !!

A case of Vertigo? . . . don't tell P1 & P2 or they'll both be calling round for a bottle or two, just to help them think the last 5 days have all been a crazy dream . . .  :sleep::sorry::sleep:  . . . it couldn't really happen, could it, with human-rights-aware police officers watching her house 24/7?

Maybe she went out in the boss airline,why not?he can tell her how he was allowed to continue to no show,and advise her what and where to go,he can use his own transport for her anytime,her brother says so.Perhaps she can wait for 5 years to expect a warrant,whats good for the boss is good for another boss.

Why all the fuss??

If she had turned up at court, got convicted & sentenced to jail term, can you imagine the fall-out around the country.

Followed by the obvious appeal, then protests possible fighting again etc etc etc

She did us all a favour when she fled, and who cares if she was helped or did it all by herself with her family & aides

She's gone from Thailand never to return just like her brother, life goes on, the reds will have to find something else to protest about & the poor farmers will have to go home and grow more rice.. only this time sell it at market price...

Time to drop it & report on something worth while !!

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Think about it !!!! ....

You obviously have not done much of that activity recently, so moving on...

I have Lived here 34 Year and seen it all Come, …  and Go, for Years !!! ... Remember when Prem was in power, not a bad Governor Prem, but well things Move on and Change .... As you say. ..  Remember Chat chai, arrested in the Plane on the tarmac at Don Muang Airport !!! ... Do you remember when Chavalit, not too bad, But alleged to have done a Deal with the Burmese Military, and abandoned Thailand’s Old Allies the Karens ... (So looks like the Karens Had Exhausted most of their timber and the Burmese Government Not ??? … All So called Civilian “Democratic Politicians” …  Though well I also having been stopped by the Military a Couple of times in 2000 in Cambodia, for things like the wrong colored Hat …. And Yes I can say that Elections are Necessary, and to some times Good,

And I have had more time to think about it, than you have I think Brother.

I come from Australia where you have to have a permit to take a shit !!! The Nanny State of the world !!!  And Get it, the Politicians Love it !!!  As what better way of controlling the People, and Buying the Votes to stay in Power with !!! Than to have them all bought in the first Place !!!

Like I like this Junter, and ..I like here !!! It's Roads and all …  (Though I might draw the Line at Liking Pattaya, The P ! Place Though.) ...

… So who are the Tai Military ??? The Children of the Rich !!! ??? …I don’t think so, Like thy are the Children of the Poor who are Conscripted !!! …. My Brother In-law was at the Surrounding of Chamlong’s (Very Good) Lot, (Remember him and the Palang Tum was it, “The right Way” Now having retreated to the Temple I think, ….  … Not liked by many, … But I reckon that he saved the country !!!  Back in 93 was it ???

My Brother In-law was a Conscript, and probably armed, but up the Back !!! … So he says. … The Army, the Junta !!! They are not the Children of the rich in Bangkok, they go to Uni, and protest to try to help their parents get their snouts back in the Trough !!!

The Thai Army is the Children of the Poor, in the Provinces !!! 75% of the Population !!! The MAJORITY !!! …. So get that you elitists, Well off from somewhere else, in Bangkok !!! (Without being too rude Right Fellas, I have had about 25 Posts left now !!! None Deleted yet ??? … So, Not bad going, … Right !!! …)

So whatever you Might think of me here, I AM backing the majority, … and People that are Happy also !!!

There is almost no doubt she was "let go". Thai airspace is highly restricted. It is some of the most restricted airspace in the world. There is less than a 1% chance she could have left without being given permission. There is less than a 1% chance she left by land. This is just not the way she rolls. She left by air, in a private jet. How many private jets are there in Thailand? And how hard is it to keep track of them? Not hard at all.

Also, when he claims they were not watching her, that is patently false. Of course they were. She was up on charges, for the biggest trial of the decade. The chances of them not watching her were less than zero. She was let go. It was probably decided at the highest levels, that this was the best outcome for all. And now the little man is playing the same inane game of deflection that Trump plays daily. Just say it, and a percent of the people will buy it. Well, this guy does not. And neither do most. 

This is one of the most disingenuous people we have seen, in a very long time. He would say absolutely anything, if he thinks it would serve his purposes. Of course they "let Yingluck flee". It was the simplest outcome for them. It was their way of avoiding complications, and there is a very good chance that someone got a very nice bonus out of the deal.

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

just for one moment, imagine if Yingluck actually did get out on her own. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

My imagination is not that wild.  Especially when noting that for many years she has never gone anywhere without her entourage.  :wai:

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Why all the fuss??

If she had turned up at court, got convicted & sentenced to jail term, can you imagine the fall-out around the country.

Followed by the obvious appeal, then protests possible fighting again etc etc etc

She did us all a favour when she fled, and who cares if she was helped or did it all by herself with her family & aides

She's gone from Thailand never to return just like her brother, life goes on, the reds will have to find something else to protest about & the poor farmers will have to go home and grow more rice.. only this time sell it at market price...

Time to drop it & report on something worth while !!

No it isn't. Not by a long shot.

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is almost no doubt she was "let go". Thai airspace is highly restricted. It is some of the most restricted airspace in the world. There is less than a 1% chance she could have left without being given permission. There is less than a 1% chance she left by land. This is just not the way she rolls. She left by air, in a private jet. How many private jets are there in Thailand? And how hard is it to keep track of them? Not hard at all.

Also, when he claims they were not watching her, that is patently false. Of course they were. She was up on charges, for the biggest trial of the decade. The chances of them not watching her were less than zero. She was let go. It was probably decided at the highest levels, that this was the best outcome for all. And now the little man is playing the same inane game of deflection that Trump plays daily. Just say it, and a percent of the people will buy it. Well, this guy does not. And neither do most. 

This is one of the most disingenuous people we have seen, in a very long time. He would say absolutely anything, if he thinks it would serve his purposes. Of course they "let Yingluck flee". It was the simplest outcome for them. It was their way of avoiding complications, and there is a very good chance that someone got a very nice bonus out of the deal.

You have almost no doubt, because you discount the possibility of a land crossing simply because it beneath her status, and don't even consider how fast a private helicopter could pick up and drop her in Cambodia. Drop the provisos, and the doubt increases substantially.

55 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Woops, I only meant to cut out " Of course they "let Yingluck flee". It was the simplest outcome for them. It was their way of avoiding complications" ... and Add, …  “The Thai way of doing it”, ..Whether you Like it or not.

Have any you all Heard about Thailand Famous Son, and Activist for the Poor "Buoy" … like this guy was Strong, and Spoke out !!! …. And WAS considered a social Hero, by Most Thai People, (Except the elite I guess, still hanging on to their Power any way that they can and re writing the rules to do so as usual and In ALL countries)

... And the other Guy, the Once Dean of Thamasat University, .... Both GREAT Freedom Fighters, and for Human Rights and the Rights of the ordinary, and Poor Thai People !!! From a Long way back like 70's and Pre 70's I think !!!

Like NONE of this Stuff re the Military, the Shinawatras, the Bangkok Elite, and the 80% Of Poor and working Thais is new !!! … It is all Old stuff, that has been done time and time again I think !!! ...

My friend that told me about them, Buoy and the Old activist Dean of Tamasat, Both dead now I think, (Or Close to it !!!) … My Friend said that they both had to run in to Exile, like Kun Shin and Ying Luck have done. My Friend He liked the red shirts for their better Treatment of the Poor, AND the Lower Middle class Business men of all Kinds !!! The Market men !!! Why they won all over the country and not just in the North East !!! And why they will do it again !!! Whenever they get a chance !!! … Shinawatras or Not !!! ...

Any way My Friend simply said that ALL Great Thai Hero’s !!! … Die outside the Country !!! …  Like TIT ... (Thanks Bernard) ..This is Thailand.

…  And On it goes again !!!

Edited by Mark Alexander Smith

29 minutes ago, halloween said:

You have almost no doubt, because you discount the possibility of a land crossing simply because it beneath her status, and don't even consider how fast a private helicopter could pick up and drop her in Cambodia. Drop the provisos, and the doubt increases substantially.

The Erawan Bombers (Disgruntled Uigers ?) were walking over the Border near Poi Pet, when the Local Border Guys were fired up !!! … And decided to catch a Couple of them I think, … The last ones leaving !!!  But well that was the way that they and goodness knows how many others, were coming and Going by.

And if you could not cross in to Malaysia near Sungai Galok also I would be a Monkeys Uncle ….

Reduce Text Size.

14 minutes ago, Mark Alexander Smith said:

Woops, I only meant to cut out " Of course they "let Yingluck flee". It was the simplest outcome for them. It was their way of avoiding complications" ... and Add, …  “The Thai way of doing it”, ..Whether you Like it or not.

Have any you all Heard about Thailand Famous Son, and Activist for the Poor "Buoy" … like this guy was Strong, and Spoke out !!! …. And WAS considered a social Hero, by Most Thai People, (Except the elite I guess, still hanging on to their Power any way that they can and re writing the rules to do so as usual and In ALL countries)

... And the other Guy, the Once Dean of Thamasat University, .... Both GREAT Freedom Fighters, and for Human Rights and the Rights of the ordinary, and Poor Thai People !!! From a Long way back like 70's and Pre 70's I think !!!

Like NONE of this Stuff re the Military, the Shinawatras, the Bangkok Elite, and the 80% Of Poor and working Thais is new !!! … It is all Old stuff, that has been done time and time again I think !!! ...

My friend that told me about them, Buoy and the Old activist Dean of Tamasat, Both dead now I think, (Or Close to it !!!) … My Friend said that they both had to run in to Exile, like Kun Shin and Ying Luck have done. My Friend He liked the red shirts for their better Treatment of the Poor, AND the Lower Middle class Business men of all Kinds !!! The Market men !!! Why they won all over the country and not just in the North East !!! And why they will do it again !!! Whenever they get a chance !!! … Shinawatras or Not !!! ...

Any way My Friend simply said that ALL Great Thai Hero’s !!! … Die outside the Country !!! …  Like TIT ... (Thanks Bernard) ..This is Thailand.

And On it goes again !!!

I think, hope?, you are trying to say that the true hero's have to leave and that whatever happens the poor, ordinary Thais will produce new hero's and that one day they might win. And it's, ultimately, nothing to do with the Shinawatras. If that's what you are saying I agree!  :laugh:

What a question! Is it so difficult to answer?

At least some people who rule this country but who don't agree with Prayut. What a shame!

So there is a traitor or somebody who needs money?

Or somebody with common sense, trying to stop injustice by resolute acting? And trying to end the absolute behaviour of those Army officers? Or to bring some humanity into the process of vengeance, envy and hatred?

Anyway, this proxy govt. should be happy in a certain way. They created a martyr or at least a kind of tale.

23 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I think, hope?, you are trying to say that the true hero's have to leave and that whatever happens the poor, ordinary Thais will produce new hero's and that one day they might win. And it's, ultimately, nothing to do with the Shinawatras. If that's what you are saying I agree!  :laugh:

Yes, I had better take some Writing / Expression lessons (35 Years in Thailand off and On) ..But, YES, ... Yes, that is what I am saying,

Like Taksin was Good to start off with Like, I was watching, and well though he has the usual problems that Thai Leaders have, they might be clean, but it is those that are around them, and well, those who Put them there ??? That you have to watch !!! …   AND their family .... But for about the First 10 years he did Good !!!

The Government Hospitals in Thailand are just AMAZING !!!  When compared with anything around them or any other countries !!! Or even Near By ? And well in the Whole World !!! … And Thaksin Helped fix them up, with the 30 Bart is it ? Subsidized Drugs I think, ??? … And he DID help the Poor Also (I think ?) ...

But when he got the Power and cemented it, he got greedy, and those around him did also (I think) and he tried to change the constitution, so that he could win BOTH houses, so have Ultimate Power, and well his Family would never have been voted out of  about  50, or a100 Years I think ... and well !!! Surprise Surprise, the Bangkok Elite did not Like this !!! Or the Military !!!  .... Or ME !!! Or anyone else that I Know either !!! (All Thai People)  Like this IS NOT Democracy !!! It is Nepotism !!!

Yes, Nothing Really to do with the Shinawatras, other than they were just the same as so many other of the Thai Politicians !!!  ... They were good in the start, .... But WERE corrupted in the end, … so well Forgettable, when compared with Buoy and the Old Dean of Tamasat,  who were REAL Hero’s !!!   …  And well, they DID have to GO !!!  The Shinawatras, …. Like I would be happy to vote for the Reds, ...With them WELL Gone !!! ... Any way.

Taksin was good to start off with !!! But he just fell in to the Power Political Dictators Monkey Trap !!!  You just cannot let go of the Money in the Hole !!! Right !!! …. And he must have been egged on by those around him, and his Family, creaming off the cash Also, I would be sure !!!

Ps. I do not think that "Ordinary Thai People will win", as I do not think, that they think that they HAVE to win !!! ... I think that most of them think that they are doing all right now !!! But well, maybe their Situation and Resources could be Improved and Increased ... Like 70 Million is there, they is a LOT of people to divide the wealth by !!!  So well, I think that many of them ? Most ? are doing OK pretty well Now !!! and think that they are also !!!... Though a Bit of Labour reform in the Factories would not go a miss though, but well, then you have to be careful not to wipe out their Ability to employ most of their Population !!!  Which they still do seem to have ... Well around where I live any way ... And the Military know it !!! Like they can Only govern by Consensus !!! Like the 75% of the Poor have to be Happy, and support them or it WOULD be a LOT harder for them to govern as they have been. 

Reduced Text Size and added a bit.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There are many small airstrips in Thailand, also a few private ones. Even the Loei winery have a airstrip between the grape fields.

She could have jumped on a small twin engine plane and been out of Thailand within 45 minutes.

The real question, where is she now?

17 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

What a question! Is it so difficult to answer?

At least some people who rule this country but who don't agree with Prayut. What a shame!

So there is a traitor or somebody who needs money?

Or somebody with common sense, trying to stop injustice by resolute acting? And trying to end the absolute behaviour of those Army officers? Or to bring some humanity into the process of vengeance, envy and hatred?

Anyway, this proxy govt. should be happy in a certain way. They created a martyr or at least a kind of tale.

I do not think that Yingluck is a Matryre, and I think that she will be forgotten Very fast. Taxin though might leave a legacy, Like the 30 b drug scheme, and other good things apparently, but well, the Shinawatra's are Just Small stuff Really, and the Thais see it this way where I live in central Thailand at least also. .... Like Nepotists !!! ... the way that Taksin ended up !!!  ... And We would have had the bastards for ever, if not for our GOOD Millitary !!! ....