webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

Off topic: I remember some of our Ozzy friends stating that members of the Junta wouldn't be allowed into Australia, yet here is the DPM in Sydney. :unsure:

guess he slipped in wearing a civilian suit plus Australian immigration wouldn't be able to understand his name   or they might have thought he is a Muslim the government allows them to come and go

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I will take that as a NO then. If they had any intention of doing it, they would have done so already and made sure we knew about it.

I wouldn't. I'd take it he's away on a nice jaunt and no one's told him what the official line is yet. So he just made something up he oped would be meaningless but sound impressive. Can't admit to not knowing, they knowing everything, about everything!

Wow that's a good job he's got, while the biggest "flight risk" person in the country escapes with no difficulty he's on a nice little "jolly" down under !!!

Guess he'll tour around a little while he's down there & come back when the dusts settled a little !

Well I find it strange that Thai goverment say they dont follow their own citizens when thai citizens have to fill out an departure and arrival card? That is survaliance of its own citizens. Or 1984 is another word for it. Just look at all CC cameras everywere. No other country has that many CC cameras... Not that I've seen anyway since I come from Sweden...

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

A big and respected country does not overthrow an elected government. There's no bigger crime than that.

Ah yes, but if you grant yourself an amnesty, that means that you didn't do it. Doesn't it?

I'm confused!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"The issue has not reached the foreign ministry yet," foreign minister Don Pramudwinai told reporters when asked if the ministry would revoke Yingluck's passports.

"This foreign minister is not yet handling this."

Isn't this the final admission of negligence, ineptitude and total disorganisation of a govt that was about to put someone away for 10 years for just one of those offences . . . negligence? Five days after an 'illegal' fleeing the country, the appropriate minister is still 'not yet handling this'. OK, so Don can't be blamed, but who the hell is handling this ever so minor passport issue that has taken over 5 days to attempt to come to terms with. I just can't wait for the next pronouncement, tomorrow maybe, from P1 or P2. Who the heck will they pin this cockup on?

How much more unbelievable can this farce possibly get? More to the point, how can P1 possibly consider becoming PM of a future Thai semi-democracy after all his widely publicised short-comings, especially those of the past 12 months? No kidding . . . Harry Potter scenarios are less scary and improbable than present-day Thai governance.

21 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Wow that's a good job he's got, while the biggest "flight risk" person in the country escapes with no difficulty he's on a nice little "jolly" down under !!!

Guess he'll tour around a little while he's down there & come back when the dusts settled a little !

Unless they revoke his passport, too :laugh:

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

So why aren't the foreign press asking  "if that's true general why no elections?  why cannot people gather?"

They're "following the rule of law." The law is that there is no election and there is no gathering. What part of those laws don't you understand? :whistling:

5082936729927680.png?k=ECCUhme0BqQXnLgt6

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Thailand is the big country and the government gives freedom to citizens. We don’t follow individuals in terms of where they are going or when they leave the country. So we're following the rule of law. Just as another country."

what a nice guy......But I suppose Ozzies are not that stupid to believe it. A dictatorship is a dictatorship and it will not change by sending a good looking guy

2 hours ago, globin said:

"Australia scaled back relations with the Thai military yesterday and banned coup leaders from traveling there."  Jun 1 2014 Columbus Dispatch

Great find!

That is a surprise. Or is it? I bet there are economic agreements between the two countries and we wouldn't want to jeopardize those, would we? Wasn't it another govn't's statement though? :whistling: I am just thinking of the excuses they will use. Maybe the new OZ officials are tired or afraid of going to Bali? It really feels like these people (even Yingluck and others) have immunity. They can slip away like this. I guess he has one of those passports too. They all do? Only the top brass?

I wonder if the Australian press will follow up on this? Which official will be fired at that end?

5 hours ago, SABloke said:

Off topic: I remember some of our Ozzy friends stating that members of the Junta wouldn't be allowed into Australia, yet here is the DPM in Sydney. :unsure:

He is disguised? :whistling:

I said disguised, not disgusted or despised! :smile:

Well I find it strange that Thai goverment say they dont follow their own citizens when thai citizens have to fill out an departure and arrival card? That is survaliance of its own citizens. Or 1984 is another word for it. Just look at all CC cameras everywere. No other country has that many CC cameras... Not that I've seen anyway since I come from Sweden...

London England has maybe the most CCTV cameras in the world

"Thailand is the big country and the government gives freedom to citizens. We don’t follow individuals in terms of where they are going or when they leave the country. So we're following the rule of law. Just as another country."

Well immoral laws made a junta, and freedom to citizens, give me a break

4 hours ago, DjSilver said:

I think the UK has and they work!

Well immoral laws made a junta, and freedom to citizens, give me a break

This guy should appear on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

" Tanasak, in Sydney after overseeing a troupe of 56 Khon mask dancers..."

Don't get me wrong but if it takes a deputy prime minister to oversea (pun intended) 56 khon mask dancers .................. 

Must make sure they don't run away...