Myanmar men ‘killed woman after sex refusal’

webfact

Myanmar men ‘killed woman after sex refusal’

By The Nation

59cb4414c783b5680e1b870ca9b150ff.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested two Myanmar men who allegedly killed a 25-year-old female compatriot who refused to have sex with them, city police chief Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn told a press conference on Tuesday morning.

The men are allaged to have disposed of their victim’s body down a sewer manhole in Bangkok’s Prawet district on the night of August 15.

Tin Win Aung, 21, was arrested on August 28 in Tak’s Mae Sot district and other man identified only as Juay, 31, was arrested on the same day at a house in Bangkok where police also found the alleged murder weapon, a seven-inch knife.

The duo confessed killing the young woman after she refused to have sex with them, Sanit told reporters at the Prawet precinct. 

66130ebbdf439c81c88cf51fe36b1e61.jpg

The suspects told police that they had been drinking alcohol with the woman, who had been Juay’s friend for three years, on the evening of August 15. They then went to an area under a bridge to take yaba pills together. The duo then asked to have sex with the woman, but she refused and they attacked her.

When she fought back, Aung punched her. Juay then stabbed her with the knife before Aung slit her throat. The duo put the body in the sewer and separately fled, Sanit said. 

A police investigation found that Aung had been prosecuted and jailed for three years in his home country for a murder committed at the age of 16, Sanit said.

The two suspects were brought out to perform a 20-minute re-enactment of the crime at the scene, while the victim’s relatives and other onlookers looked on.

The victim’s body was found in the 1.5-metre-wide manhole under the bridge of Krathum Suapla Temple near the Onnut-Lat Krabang Road on the night of August 16. 

She had been stabbed twice on the right side and three times on the left side of her chest, and her throat was slit. 

a684298b54e4b7d2a923d6ec2bfcc100.jpg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30325203

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-29

Here he is again, he seems to pop up everywhere. One of the most corrupt police officers in Thailand. He is the one who takes the 6000,000 baht bribe from Thai Beverage every year.

Heaven only knows the others who pay him off big time. His police officers salary is chicken feed compared to his corrupt collections. Thailand is beyond help.

a684298b54e4b7d2a923d6ec2bfcc100.jpg.4f2a475a1a06b78814d63cff1f548670.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Here he is again, he seems to pop up everywhere. One of the most corrupt police officers in Thailand. He is the one who takes the 6000,000 baht bribe from Thai Beverage every year.

Heaven only knows the others who pay him off big time. His police officers salary is chicken feed compared to his corrupt collections. Thailand is beyond help.

a684298b54e4b7d2a923d6ec2bfcc100.jpg.4f2a475a1a06b78814d63cff1f548670.jpg

:offtopic:

15 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Just more examples of uneducated, Third World idiots. Sad thing is there's billions of them.

Oh sure, such murders never ever happen in the first world, or whatever world you come from. Yet a lot of idiots from there come to settle down in these third rate countries, leaving their paradise behind.

19 minutes ago, saakura said:

Oh sure, such murders never ever happen in the first world, or whatever world you come from. Yet a lot of idiots from there come to settle down in these third rate countries, leaving their paradise behind.

Where did this happen? Sure there's first world idiots too. And sure there's plenty here or come here. Point is these guys aren't from the first world. Do you think they're educated? Do you think they may very well be products of a corrupt third/developing world country? I really can't see how your retort applies to my post. As for "whatever world you come from" there's no reason to be derogatory.

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Where did this happen? Sure there's first world idiots too. And sure there's plenty here or come here. Point is these guys aren't from the first world. Do you think they're educated? Do you think they may very well be products of a corrupt third/developing world country? I really can't see how your retort applies to my post. As for "whatever world you come from" there's no reason to be derogatory.

I believe it is a simple response to your xenophobic comment. 

It doesn't matter what 'world' you're from or your level of education, this kind of repulsive act happens In many places. 

Sweeping generalisations will never be taken well on any forum 

Edited by MadMuhammad

Anytime a heinous crime, such as this one is committed, the most extreme punishment possible needs to be handed out, to the perpetrators. Immediate castration would be a good start, if there is solid proof of the crime. There are certain acts a person commits, that essentially revokes their right to breathe the same oxygen those of us, who have respect, and affection for other humans, have the right to breathe. These vermin have no rights. They self revoked their rights, when they killed this defenseless woman. Her only mistake was in believing that these guys were her friends, when indeed they were the kinds of animals, and enemies nobody needs. 

11 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

23 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I believe it is a simple response to your xenophobic comment. 

It doesn't matter what 'world' you're from or your level of education, this kind of repulsive act happens In many places. 

Sweeping generalisations will never be taken well on any forum 

I'm very sorry. I don't know what xenophobic means. Is saying Third World xenophobic? I thought it was a socio-economic term relating to countries. Maybe you can help me by pointing out (in my original post and subsequent post) where I'm being xenophobic and using sweeping generalisations.  Thank you. I look forward to your enlightening reply.

Edited by dinsdale

7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm very sorry. I don't know what xenophobic means. Is saying Third World xenophobic? I thought it was a socio-economic term relating to countries. Maybe you can help me by pointing out (in my original post and subsequent post) where I'm being xenophobic and using sweeping generalisations.  Thank you. I look forward to your enlightening reply.

Why don't you look it up. With your first world education I thought you would have known. If you don't know what it means how do you know you are not being  xenophobic?

You said "Just more examples of uneducated, Third World idiots."

2 minutes ago, B4Jazz said:

Why don't you look it up. With your first world education I thought you would have known. If you don't know what it means how do you know you are not being  xenophobic?

You said "Just more examples of uneducated, Third World idiots."

You think I don't know what xenophobic means when I use the term socio-economic:cheesy:

p.s. I didn't have to google it:cheesy::cheesy:

And yes. I'm glad I had a first world university education.

Why did you say " I don't know what xenophobic means" then?

There are millions of uneducated 3rd world people who don't go around murdering people. There are loads of 1st world murders also. The USA has quite a high murder rate.

Edited by B4Jazz
typo

6 minutes ago, B4Jazz said:

Why did you say " I don't know what xenophobic means" then?

There are millions of uneducated 3rd world people who don't go around murdering people. There are loads of 1st world murders also. The USA has quite a high murder rate.

While all this may be true. Myanmar has a very violent recent history where women are raped as a form of punishment by the government ... and this punishment is often just the result of being from the wrong tribe.

Some areas of the country murder and rape have just been a normal and accepted occurrence. Much scrutiny should be given to these young men from certain areas of that county just as much as young men from terrorist regions.

No not everyone is bad but when you grow up seeing this kind of violence and treatment of women, it does have an effect, often a very negative one, just as if you were raised around terrorists.   

9 minutes ago, JohnThailandJohn said:

While all this may be true. Myanmar has a very violent recent history where women are raped as a form of punishment by the government ... and this punishment is often just the result of being from the wrong tribe.

Some areas of the country murder and rape have just been a normal and accepted occurrence. Much scrutiny should be given to these young men from certain areas of that county just as much as young men from terrorist regions.

No not everyone is bad but when you grow up seeing this kind of violence and treatment of women, it does have an effect, often a very negative one, just as if you were raised around terrorists.   

I think that is a bit misleading, yes there have been civil wars going on in Myanmar and the army have carried such acts. The murder rate in Myanmar is lower than Thailand and the USA so I'm not sure that follows. Have you been to Myanmar? If it's to do with 3rd world and education then why does the USA have a high rate?

1 hour ago, B4Jazz said:

I think that is a bit misleading, yes there have been civil wars going on in Myanmar and the army have carried such acts. The murder rate in Myanmar is lower than Thailand and the USA so I'm not sure that follows. Have you been to Myanmar? If it's to do with 3rd world and education then why does the USA have a high rate?

I wouldn't dwell to much on murder rates as they are reported by the government. Last I remember Myanmar was rated one of the most corrupt countries in the world with a rating of 171 out of 176 countries.

Here is a recent article showing the government there saying there is no evidence of rape, murder, arson... despite the thousands of people fleeing who have reported such things along with UN and Human Rights groups conclusions.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/burma-government-finds-no-evidence-of-rohingya-rape-murder-and-arson-mhpr92sfr

Again not at all saying people from 3rd world countries, or from Myanmar specifically, are bad but how people grow up, what they see and experience do have an effect on them and there has been some very horrific crimes committed by Burmese in Thailand ... crimes you don't often here about a Cambodian or Laos in  Thailand.  

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

On 30/08/2017 at 9:39 PM, dinsdale said:

You think I don't know what xenophobic means when I use the term socio-economic:cheesy:

p.s. I didn't have to google it:cheesy::cheesy:

And yes. I'm glad I had a first world university education.

Ok so can you tell us, with your superior first world university education, why have you chosen to live in (or join a forum related to) a 'third world country with billions of idiots' ? Why not live in your paradise with other enlightened souls, why risk your life here among murdering uneducated natives?

Just now, saakura said:

Ok so can you tell us, with your superior first world university education, why have you chosen to live in (or join a forum related to) a 'third world country with billions of idiots' ? Why not live in your paradise with other enlightened souls, why risk your life here among murdering uneducated natives?

Wow you really know how to take things out of context. You are also miss quoting me. This is what I said..

"Just more examples of uneducated, Third World idiots. Sad thing is there's billions of them."  Ok maybe millions. Further: are you saying Thailand is a third world country ..

"why have you chosen to live in (or join a forum related to) a 'third world country.."

Easy to twist words isn't it.

23 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Scum. 

Come on, Bluespunk, I respect and appreciate your opinion, but to label two people (Burmese as it were) as "scum", due to a statement by Sanit 'I take money from but have never taken money from ThaiBev' Mahathavorn, seems a bit premature. Also (tin foil hat on moment), isn't it odd that a few days after learning that the B2 were screwed by the British BIB, we hear a story of 2 Burmese lads committing a similar crime? :unsure:

5 hours ago, SABloke said:

Come on, Bluespunk, I respect and appreciate your opinion, but to label two people (Burmese as it were) as "scum", due to a statement by Sanit 'I take money from but have never taken money from ThaiBev' Mahathavorn, seems a bit premature. Also (tin foil hat on moment), isn't it odd that a few days after learning that the B2 were screwed by the British BIB, we hear a story of 2 Burmese lads committing a similar crime? :unsure:

Their actions label them scum. I know their is a culture of fit ups here but in this case it seems they are guilty. 

Hence: scum. 

• 2 weeks later...