Foreigner pepper-sprays cashiers at minimart before stealing cigarettes and cheap wine coolers

snoop1130

6 hours ago, atyclb said:

"situational awareness" is pathetically lacking and likely plays in the road deaths also

Also lacking is sensory acuity. Sometimes I can't help but think that most locals go around with horse blinkers on, plus very dark glasses and ear plugs. It's truly amazing to see the lack of reaction to situations -- perhaps too many generations with nothing better to do than sit and watch the paddy growing. LOL (Now, now -- don't get upset)

• Like 1

I hate pepper spray.  I have little experience, but the one time I sprayed it on my food, it tasted like crap.  A bit hot, but none of that fruitiness or any spicy flavor. Here in the US, I prefer one of the Mexican hot sauces that is 50 Baht per liter. 

On a serious note, it's a damned shame when someone goes off their rocker in a faraway place.  Very strange and stressful for all parties involved.

P.S. I can't really blame Thais for not having "situational awareness".  If one did, one would be hard pressed to live day-to-day without choking the life out of those who desperately deserve it, though some do for stress relief.  Put on blinders and roll with the punches.

• Like 2

If he had wanted to buy 10 litres he would have been able to buy it, from the supermarket at least. Why alcohol can't be bought between 2 and 5, I have never been able to fathom, it's one of these silly laws that Thai people never question, so it just goes on and on forever.

14 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Not too many bashing here, had it been an Chinese, Indian or arab by now the threads would have been pouring like rain.

We get a lot of these posts of late... 'Like' hungry?

Why did you not capitalize Arab too?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Take the guy to court, fine him, then take him to his place and gather his clothes then

send him back to his own country. Yes this is a bit severe, but he should have remembered

where he was and acted accordingly.

Geezer

Just a fine you are joking right, this is a robbery using violence a few years in prison would be far more appropriate.

Most of the posters on here advocate more serious penalties for work permit violations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cheesecakegirl said:

I'm watching the video; and what I'm finding hilarious is he sprays the clerk while the one in the foreground goes on her merry way with the paperwork.  And the guy near the storeroom door is just casually watching it all unfold before he, too, gets sprayed.  Then even after that guy gets sprayed, Ms. Paperwork is STILL doing her paper thing. It's as if this is the norm at that store.

Yes, everything you say is correct.

The staff have frozen. They are neither fleeing nor fighting. They are being both indecisive and submissive. It is a phenomenon that is well noted and occurs far more frequently in Asians than in whites. They are acting as if nothing is happening. They are hoping the problem will not impact them and will go away on its own.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, puffy said:

Just a fine you are joking right, this is a robbery using violence a few years in prison would be far more appropriate.

Most of the posters on here advocate more serious penalties for work permit violations.

Yes, prison is more appropriate. However you will come across many more serious crimes than this in which what Stargrazer says is actually what happens except the court bit is usually skipped and the fine is unreceipted.

See if there is any follow up to this case such as reporting on a sentence passed.

16 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Severe prison sentence needed for such a crime.

Start setting examples, it might just act as a deterrent !

Yes, the selling hours of alcohol are ridiculous and all shops should be able to sell at all times. The people who enforce these laws should face harsh punishment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, everything you say is correct.

The staff have frozen. They are neither fleeing nor fighting. They are being both indecisive and submissive. It is a phenomenon that is well noted and occurs far more frequently in Asians than in whites. They are acting as if nothing is happening. They are hoping the problem will not impact them and will go away on its own.

Well, i have always thought that is great to fight against injustice, any injustice... Still i find that hospital bills are rather expensive, and This behaviour is perfectly rational.

Cannot blame the staff, really.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i have always thought that is great to fight against injustice, any injustice... Still i find that hospital bills are rather expensive, and This behaviour is perfectly rational.

Cannot blame the staff, really.

No blame, no judgement, no right, no wrong. It is simply my analysis of the behavioural response of the "paper shuffler" in line with known pyschological responses to danger.

I am sorry about your hospital bills.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

No blame, no judgement, no right, no wrong. It is simply my analysis of the behavioural response of the "paper shuffler" in line with known pyschological responses to danger.

I am sorry about your hospital bills.

Sorry Briggsy, i was not clear, in fact i was talking in general.

And the hospital bills bit is not about me, but it can happen to anybody who wants to play the hero.

Btw, i appreciate your posts very much.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry Briggsy, i was not clear, in fact i was talking in general.

And the hospital bills bit is not about me, but it can happen to anybody who wants to play the hero.

Btw, i appreciate your posts very much.

Ah, I see.

If one is in immediate danger and the decision is made not to play the hero, it could be argued the logical action is to flee, not to shuffle papers. Yet the 'paper shuffler' chose to act as if nothing was happening. I suspect this was "freezing" in the face of danger. Had "farang sprayer" decided to target her, she would have made an easy target.

It is a very interesting topic, people's reactions to immediate danger.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Ah, I see.

If one is in immediate danger and the decision is made not to play the hero, it could be argued the logical action is to flee, not to shuffle papers. Yet the 'paper shuffler' chose to act as if nothing was happening. I suspect this was "freezing" in the face of danger. Had "farang sprayer" decided to target her, she would have made an easy target.

It is a very interesting topic, people's reactions to immediate danger.

Well, perhaps i've been in Thailand too long, but i find extremely Thai  and cool the "paper shuffler" behaviour.. keeping doing her things like nothing is happening.

I agree, people's reactions to danger is interesting.

22 hours ago, mark01 said:

Stupid selling booze time restrictions.

And the 'reasons' set forth for those stupid laws reveal the mindsets of the people here;

One lady told me one of the reasons was so that I would have a clear head to vote tomorrow, trouble is I can't vote