Seized Airbus up for auction with minimum bid of Bt30m

webfact

How fortunate that here in Thailand, the receivers can set a minimum-bid, and old-debtors can demand that they be repaid-in-full, by the lucky winner of the auction !

In the outside-world, it's now worth whatever someone will actually be willing to pay for it, based on its true earning-power as an old disused aircraft, if that-is there are any bidders beyond the local scrap-merchant !  :wink:

15 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Yes, from the photo you can clearly see rust on it.

Is this the only steel Airbus ever made? Usually planes are made from aluminum which oxidizes to a whitish dust. The brown streaks in the photo could be grease/oil or general dust,dirt and bird droppings that ran into streaks after rain. Either way they should give it a good clean before the auction. I would like to see the maintenance schedule, not sure if you would ever get this bird airworthy again (to be able to fly to the civilized world).

I wonder what is true? PC Air became known for a milli-second due to its transgender cabin crew - putting quite a new aspect of "flying with a smile". 

Now they want to auction off an aircraft, which according to some listing, was leased to PC Air. Wondering if the lessor is happy about that while the only sure winner is AoT and their claim on the parking fees. If somebody considers +/- THB 34 million a deal on a 31 years old aircraft .............. we shall see 

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Airbus/A310/HS-PCC-PC-Air/8k7Cb6

Can you imagine the amount of work to re-certify this aircraft ??

I seriously think they are whistling Dixie if they think they can sell it for that ??

Time will tell, the aviation industry is not my area of expertise so I will be interested if there is a follow up.

2 hours ago, hashmodha said:

I have an idea....grow tomatoes and make a green house! :-) :-)

Please excuse spelling mistakes/misunderstanding
Best
HM

"...grow tomatoes"

Not enough light inside, but an ideal environment for mushrooms. B30 million, that was Yingluck's bail she dropped, perhaps she might grab it at auction, get the government to donate a few hundred kilos of bullshit and restart her hobby flying around the country delivering the product.

mush.jpg.d3e63962b32af08ad95c756c2aae599d.jpg

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

20 hours ago, Naam said:

an Airbus is manufactured in Europe where Aluminum does not exist. we Europeans substitute Aluminum with Aluminium. :laugh:

You say Tow-Mat-Oh I say To-May-Toe    :passifier:

my American redneck friends say "tayters" :smile:

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

You say Tow-Mat-Oh I say To-May-Toe    :passifier:

50 minutes ago, Naam said:

my American redneck friends say "tayters" :smile:

"tayters" ? That's potatoes isn't it ? Not tomatoes.

My American redneck friends say "them red ketchup thingys"

8 hours ago, rosst said:

Can you imagine the amount of work to re-certify this aircraft ??

I seriously think they are whistling Dixie if they think they can sell it for that ??

Time will tell, the aviation industry is not my area of expertise so I will be interested if there is a follow up.

Quick wash + wax and Susi Air would have that in service.

On 31/08/2017 at 10:40 AM, BKKBrit said:

Umm...no.

Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion.Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion is aluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion.

i think he was joking...