Raped By The Police?

Norman

Raped By The Police?

How would you react if you were visited by Pattaya Police and you didn’t speak Thai? My older expat neighbor Peter received a police visit a few nights ago. He seemed to hint that it was over a disagreement with a girl and her fee. She had stayed with him only an hour but the girl wasn’t happy with the 500 baht payday. The police, arriving at midnight, wanted Peter to pay a 3000 baht fine OR go to the police station. Peter asked me what I would have done and gave me some options that he was considering. One option was to pay the demanded 3000 baht fee and make it all disappear but feel mugged. The other would be to ring the Tourist Police immediately who MAY have an English volunteer to help sort things out IF they would be available. The 3rd would be to go to the police station and keep the fingers crossed. I reasoned going to the police station wouldn’t be very good because they would have him over a barrel and the fine could stiffen. I think the Tourist Police would go whichever side the Police were swaying. So he paid the 3000 baht fine which I agreed was the safest way to go.

Sadly, it still leaves a bitter taste in his mouth that the police can waltz into his condo and mug a tourist for whatever they want (ie: 500 to 3000). Pretending you are an expat, the real question then is would you stand your ground or buckle? If Peter was a tourist, I would say pay the fee and go home and make more money but Peter’s a pensioner on a limited budget.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raped By The Police?

Sadly, it still leaves a bitter taste in his mouth that the police can waltz into his condo and mug a tourist for whatever they want (ie: 500 to 3000). Pretending you are an expat, the real question then is would you stand your ground or buckle? If Peter was a tourist, I would say pay the fee and go home and make more money but Peter’s a pensioner on a limited budget.

All he had to do was tell them to get lost until such time as they had a warrant.

Police cannot legally 'waltz' into anyone's residence at their whim.

You play with fire, you going to get burnt.

Maybe your friend should be a little more selective next time? Or perhaps agree a price before hand? Either way he should take his medicine and learn from the experience. Seems like he had very little choice other than to pay the fine.

ST means Super Tourer. Good Lord sometimes you people are so silly!

Anyway if the guy is going to pay vulnerable people for sex, then he's to blame for putting himself in a vulnerable position in the firt place.

That goes for any other individulas that describe places such as Pattaya as a great place because of the Bar Girls and what they are prepared to do. Just a sad git conversation i had on my flight over here to weeks ago.

Edited by BlimeyCharlie

bb

Raped By The Police?

How would you react if you were visited by Pattaya Police and you didn’t speak Thai? My older expat neighbor Peter received a police visit a few nights ago. He seemed to hint that it was over a disagreement with a girl and her fee. She had stayed with him only an hour but the girl wasn’t happy with the 500 baht payday. The police, arriving at midnight, wanted Peter to pay a 3000 baht fine OR go to the police station. Peter asked me what I would have done and gave me some options that he was considering. One option was to pay the demanded 3000 baht fee and make it all disappear but feel mugged. The other would be to ring the Tourist Police immediately who MAY have an English volunteer to help sort things out IF they would be available. The 3rd would be to go to the police station and keep the fingers crossed. I reasoned going to the police station wouldn’t be very good because they would have him over a barrel and the fine could stiffen. I think the Tourist Police would go whichever side the Police were swaying. So he paid the 3000 baht fine which I agreed was the safest way to go.

raped? raped?....surely you mean Graped! after all there was a bunch of them.

som nam na, chai mai?

ใช่ ! (Chai !)

One. If you are going to engage in this kind of activity, negotiate price beforehand.

Two. If you don't want the girl (boy or what ever) to know where you live, use a hotel instead.

Three. If you are a pensioner and are that low on cash, what are you doing picking up hookers ? Better to be spending that money on food and tissue paper.

Four. If in doubt, call the Tourist Police. They are supposed to be there to protect the Tourists. Depending on the situation, they will not automatically side with the regular Thai Police.

There was a story some time ago, about a guy that got into an argument with a Thai shopkeeper I think it was. Thai police arrested the farang and locked him up. Someone called the Tourist Police, they checked the situation out, went to the Police Station and had the farang released (the Thai shopkeeper was at fault over what ever it was that caused the incident).

Like davethailand says, it sounds like there may be more to this story than what we've heard here.

Edited by Kerryd

Raped By The Police?

He deserved it. Hopefully next time the Police will make him pay 6000 baht to teach him a hard lesson.