Manchester City

mrbojangles

I watched it last night as well, we dominated the first half and it was a joy to see some nice build up play that we have done in the past, the difference last night though was we were able to be clinical for a change in the last third of the field, excellent work from Mpenza for Barton first goal who held off very well and quick instincts to put it in the back of the net, again a beautiful Barnarbia type through wall perfectly weighted from Barton for Beasley to comfortably put it away for the second and a terrible defensive mistake allowing Vassell to run on with only the keeper to beat and slot home, that will do his confidence the world of good, well done Darius.

The second half typically Fulham cam out all guns blazing and were rewarded for their efforts with a stunning header from the Italian sub from a set piece that left Isaakson with no chance.

But it was too little too late for Fulham who continued to battle, but we battled also and full credit to every man on the pitch for closing down the build up play and defending well from the never ending corners and free kicks Fulham were awarded in the second half, lots of sighs of relief from the players and the fans at full time.

It was good to see Ball taking some corners and free kicks as opposed to Barton, who was instrumental in every aspect of the game as usual.

CTID :o

Heli

• Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happier days again chaps. :o

Yeah Bred, i think Mpenza has made a big impact, Sun is looking alot better and Barton played some lovely weighted passes.

Helicoptor, your right about the set pieces. Do you think SP read this thread, cos we all said that on here the other day :D

NAh I sent him a text message :o

Lets not forget the sterling work our defence did yet again, especially in the 2nd half. usual solidity from Double D and Onouha looks composed as well, a different player from when he first broke into the first team, he was unlucky not to score last night as well, a great stop from the keeper . He needs to keep that up as Micah is fit again and will be knocking on the door..

Mpenza for a new deal pleeeeaaassse! Although he did not get on the

Friend of mine said the paying fans have nicknamed him Brian as he is the new Messiah!

CTID

Lets not forget the sterling work our defence did yet again,

Absolutely, they've been great all season and i think we'd all agree, as long as Distin stays, that we don't really need to go out and spend anything in that area of the field.

missed a bit..

Mpenza for a new deal pleeeeaaassse! Although he did not get on the score sheet last night, he is soo good on the ball and holding his own against challenges, did some great work for Bartons nifty goal and makes his prescence clear, Ball may if he wishes continue to take some corners as Barton harrying in the box is a must. BTW how are his shorts, they turned into a min-skirt last night :o when he did that 360 degree shimmy by the corner flag and that defender

The optimism is oozing back. Couple of tasty games coming up. I can't see why we couldn't pick up 9 points but knowing us i reckon it'll be 6.

April

14 Liverpool (H) - 1

17 Arsenal (A) - 1

21 Watford (A) - 3

28 Aston Villa (H) -3

May

5 Man Utd (H) - 1

13 Tottenham (A) - 0

:o

As for Mpenza and Ball, what are we waiting for?

From the city web site:-

Pearce calm despite great result at Fulham

Stuart Pearce has given a level-headed reaction to City’s superb 3-1 win at Craven Cottage.

The victory takes the Blues to 40 points and 12th place in the table, but as he has previously stated the 40-point "barrier" means nothing to City’s manager.

Pearce said: “We haven’t thought about that, what we have thought about is that we have had a reasonable run, we’re on 40 points now and can we go into the summer undefeated? Finishing as high as we can has been our only thought, I’m not going to say that we are happy just with 40 points and then stop motivating my group of players.

“I’m disappointed that we have let a goal in, if we had kept a clean sheet we would be a place higher in the league and we need to finish as high as we can.

“I want to nail the teams above us, but with our run-in it’s going to be tough. I’ve seen this year that you never know when the next victory or draw is coming from, and I have to keep a balanced view as a manager. Let the fans and the players go home happy, but don’t expect me to go home happy! I’m pleased with the result, but not happy.”

DaMarcus Beasley, whose superbly taken goal put City 2-0 up, slotted in in place of Stephen Ireland, and Pearce says he is an example of the squad have adapted to various formations, especially away from home.

“They have embraced any system we have asked of them, when you are not winning it’s easy for players to say they don’t know the system. They have not done that once, we have had a modicum of success with all formations and that’s credit to the players.

“You’ve got to have the faith of the players, and a work ethic in the dressing room and they have never lost that. Even when the results were not as I wanted and especially what they wanted, they encompassed that work ethic and had a good spirit about them.”

The optimism is oozing back. Couple of tasty games coming up. I can't see why we couldn't pick up 9 points but knowing us i reckon it'll be 6.

April

14 Liverpool (H) - 1

17 Arsenal (A) - 1

21 Watford (A) - 3

28 Aston Villa (H) -3

May

5 Man Utd (H) - 3

13 Tottenham (A) - 0

Sorry Bred, a slight adjustment was needed :D

Match report from SkySports:-

City slickers sink Cottagers :o

Manchester City's superb away form continued after brushing aside struggling Fulham 3-1 at Craven Cottage.

First half goals from the impressive Joey Barton and DaMarcus Beasley put Stuart Pearce's side in control at the interval.

Darius Vassell added the icing on the cake just before the hour mark to all but secure City's top-flight status for next season.

Carlos Bocanegra did pull one back in the closing stages, but it was not enough as Fulham are now left nervously looking over their shoulders.

The home side had the first chance of the half with Simon Davies sending a drive from outside the box just wide of Andreas Isakson's hand and upright.

City fought back and Richard Dunne was unlucky to see his powerful header from Michael Johnson's corner bounce just wide of the near post.

Isakson did well to block Alexei Smertin's shot at the other end, but shortly after the visitors were ahead through Barton's strike from the edge of the box.

Michael Brown made a hash of Emile Mpenza's stab into the box and Barton was on hand to take a touch before lashing home past Antti Niemi into the bottom corner.

Wayne Routledge gave Isakson a scare with his deep cross, but while the Sweden international lost the flight of the ball it drifted just wide of the far post.

However, City were looking in fine form and doubled their advantage on 36 minutes when Beasley, who was only in because of Stephen Ireland's injury, stroked home a second.

Barton's pin-point through ball sent the American flyer away down the left and his first-time shot past Niemi was no more than City deserved for their endeavours.

Heidar Helguson should have reduced the arrears when he headed wide at the back post while Nedum Onuoha forced Niemi into a fine save on the stroke of half-time.

Fulham upped their game after half-time with Rosenior lashing over from the edge of the box following Brian McBride's neat lay-off.

Chris Coleman made a double switch in bringing on Tomasz Radzinski and Vincenzo Montella for Helguson and Smertin, but the changes had little effect.

Within minutes City had wrapped up the points when Routledge fell over attempting to control Mpenza's through-ball and Vassell capitalised by bursting through and beating Niemi at his near post.

Montella had a chance to reduce the arrears from a free-kick outside the box, although Isakson was happy enough to watch the driven effort coast over the crossbar.

Fulham did pull one back on 76 minutes when Bocanegra, who opened the scoring at Everton last Friday, headed home from Davies' driven corner from the right.

Despite a spirited finish by The Cottagers the damage was firmly done in the first half as City claimed their third successive Premiership win away from home.

My final table (as per http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...or/default.stm)

1. Man U – 90

2. Chelsea – 89

10. City – 49

16. Fulham - 36

17. Sheff U - 36

18. Charlton – 35

19. WHU – 32

20. Watford – 26

But who gives a t*ss so long as we come in near 10th!

Given that Pearce is a media darling these days, surprised he hasn't said what in his opinion has been the reason for the turn around these past games.

April

14 Liverpool (H) - 1 Home Win for the Pool

17 Arsenal (A) - 1 No Score Draw, They failed against Newcastle last night

21 Watford (A) - 3 I think this will be a score draw as well

28 Aston Villa (H) -3 If we dont beat these we definately have to spend money

May

5 Man Utd (H) - 1 We will beat the rags again

13 Tottenham (A) - 0 Spurs win

Cookie crumbles for Fulham

The Daily Mirror give us their take on yesterday's fine win as the pressure mounts on Chris 'Cookie' Coleman...

'NOW CHRIS IN A RIGHT OLD STU AS FANS TURN'

Fulham 1 Man City 3

JOEY BARTON underlined his England credentials :o with a midfield master class to end Manchester City's lingering relegation fears - and leave Fulham in serious danger.

Barton scored one and made another for DaMarcus Beasley as City boss Stuart Pearce turned the tables on his opposite number Chris Coleman, who saw his team jeered off.

City striker Darius Vassell's 59th-minute goal completed the rout even if Fulham regained some pride after Carlos Bocanegra headed a late consolation.

Some Fulham fans called for Coleman's head at the final whistle and the Welshman is now facing one of the biggest fights of his life to stop them getting dragged into the relegation mire.

A few weeks ago Pearce was fighting to save his job but a run of 10 points from their last four games has given City breathing space after reaching the magical 40-point barrier.

But Fulham have not won since beating Newcastle on February 3 and they have picked up just three points from their last 21. There is normally one team to sink like a stone into the relegation dogfight and it appears as if Fulham are taking their turn.

Coleman must be fearing the worst as they are hovering just four points above the drop zone and their confidence looks shot to pieces.

And their fans are certainly not helping either as every misplaced pass, lost tackle or bad shot was greeted with an ever increasing groan or chorus of jeers.

City captain Richard Dunne kicked, battled and scrapped for every ball and it is his never-say-die defending which helped them go on an incredible run of 408 minutes without conceding a goal before Bocanegra's effort. And Barton's commitment to the cause has not only dragged City away from danger but shown that he has international class to match his snarling, non-stop work-rate - which makes him one of the best midfielders in the Premiership.

Barton has a £5.5million escape clause written into his contract and City may face an ever-increasing battle to keep him.

Fulham started brightly enough - Alexei Smertin went close with a rasping 25-yard shot which keeper Andreas Isaksson parried over the bar.

But it is during those nervy moments that big players step forward and Barton did just that with a classy finish in the 21st minute which paved the way for a precious away-day victory.

City forward Emile Mpenza muscled Moritz Volz off the ball, Barton sidestepped Bocanegra and then fired a per-fect low shot into the bottom corner.

It was Barton's sixth goal of the season which makes him City's leading scorer in the Premiership and he celebrated by racing over to the dug-out to embrace Pearce, his coaching staff and the substitutes.

Barton was the inspiration behind their second goal. His through ball released American international Beasley and he buried a low shot under the helpless Antti Niemi.

It could have been worse as Nedum Onuoha's header brought a brilliant save.

But Mpenza's through ball unnerved Liam Rosenior, whose terrible slip let in Vassell and he raced through and calmly fired home.

Fulham finally gave themselves a glimmer of hope in the 76th minute when Simon Davies' corner found Bocanegra, who glanced home at the near post.

Fulham are clearly finding the going tough at Craven Cottage.

And it is hard to see them winning any of their remaining games - against Reading, Blackburn, Arsenal, Liverpool and at Middlesbrough on the final day.

62% POSSESSION 38%

2 SHOTS ON TARGET 5

8 SHOTS OFF TARGET 3

0 OFFSIDES 9

9 CORNERS 4

12 FOULS 15

1 YELLOW CARDS 4

0 RED CARDS 0

ATTENDANCE: 22,435

MAN OF THE MATCH: Barton

TEAMS AND RATINGS

FULHAM: Niemi 6, Volz 5, Bocanegra 6, Christanvaal 5, Rosenior 5, Routledge 5 (Dempsey 73), Brown 6, Smertin 5 (Radzinski 55, 6) Davies 6, McBride 5, Helguson 5 (Montella 58, 6).

MAN CITY: Isaksson 7, Onuoha 7, Dunne 8, Distin 7, Ball 6, Vassell 6 (Samaras, 85), Jihai 6, Johnson 7, Barton 8, Beasley 7 (Sinclair, 82), Mpenza 7.

Referee: STEVE BENNETT

From the Daily Star on Sunday

Squad shake-up speculation

A cull is in the offing, according to the Daily Star:

“Psycho scraps stars”

Stuart Pearce is planning a summer clear-out – so he can make space on his wage bill for new signings.

Danny Mills, Stephen Jordan and Trevor Sinclair will all be shown the door while Michael Ball and Emile Mpenza are sweating on new contract offers.

City are also likely to lose contract rebel Sylvain Distin to Fulham (not if Fulham go down :D )while DaMarcus Beasley is being sent back to Dutch club PSV. :o

Pearce, nicknamed, Psycho, intends to use the timely exit of some unwanted players to give his squad a shake-up.

He said: “Thirteen players left our club last summer and there will be a few to make a decision on this term.

“The beauty of it is that if you want to move players on, it frees up financial constraints we have been under and it gives us opportunities again.”

Pearce has called on his board to find cash to make new signings in the summer – even if a proposed takeover collapses.

He added: “We have been financially cute but we need to strengthen now. I think the chairman is aware we have to find some – whether that’s from a takeover or internally.

“We need to invest in players, that’s what I want, it’s what the fans want and everyone here realises it has to be the case.”

Meanwhile, the Star resurrects the Steve Sidwell story that has cropped up throughout the last year or so.

“Four chasing Sidwell”

It's now a four-way fight for Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell. Newcastle are regarded as favourites to land Sidwell, 24, in the summer, when he'll be available as a Bosman free transfer. But Everton, Manchester City and Middlesbrough are also in the race for the former England Under-21 international.

From the Daily Star on Sunday

Squad shake-up speculation

A cull is in the offing, according to the Daily Star:

“Psycho scraps stars”

Stuart Pearce is planning a summer clear-out – so he can make space on his wage bill for new signings.

Danny Mills, Stephen Jordan and Trevor Sinclair will all be shown the door while Michael Ball and Emile Mpenza are sweating on new contract offers.

City are also likely to lose contract rebel Sylvain Distin to Fulham (not if Fulham go down :D )while DaMarcus Beasley is being sent back to Dutch club PSV. :o

Pearce, nicknamed, Psycho, intends to use the timely exit of some unwanted players to give his squad a shake-up.

He said: “Thirteen players left our club last summer and there will be a few to make a decision on this term.

“The beauty of it is that if you want to move players on, it frees up financial constraints we have been under and it gives us opportunities again.”

Pearce has called on his board to find cash to make new signings in the summer – even if a proposed takeover collapses.

He added: “We have been financially cute but we need to strengthen now. I think the chairman is aware we have to find some – whether that’s from a takeover or internally.

“We need to invest in players, that’s what I want, it’s what the fans want and everyone here realises it has to be the case.”

Meanwhile, the Star resurrects the Steve Sidwell story that has cropped up throughout the last year or so.

“Four chasing Sidwell”

It's now a four-way fight for Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell. Newcastle are regarded as favourites to land Sidwell, 24, in the summer, when he'll be available as a Bosman free transfer. But Everton, Manchester City and Middlesbrough are also in the race for the former England Under-21 international.

Well its refressing to write positive things and i have to admit City have suprised me with their resiliance.Whats made the difference,well i think someone has all-ready muted Empenze and i could,nt disagree,how refressing it is to see one of our strikers actually doing the hard work!!!I really like this guy and defo would give him a contract.Now the negative bit-SORRY!!.Despite the recent good results i still do not believe SP is the man to lead City forwatd and i do have to laugh when he asks for more money to spend.I would.,nt trust that clown with a fiver!!!

Well its refressing to write positive things and i have to admit City have suprised me with their resiliance.Whats made the difference,well i think someone has all-ready muted Empenze and i could,nt disagree,how refressing it is to see one of our strikers actually doing the hard work!!!I really like this guy and defo would give him a contract.Now the negative bit-SORRY!!.Despite the recent good results i still do not believe SP is the man to lead City forwatd and i do have to laugh when he asks for more money to spend.I would.,nt trust that clown with a fiver!!!

I agree about Mpenze, he's looking pretty good.

A bit harsh calling SP a clown but i wouldn't trust him with a fiver either :o

I really like this guy and defo would give him a contract.

Looks like we're getting nearer.

From skysports

Mpenza nears City deal

Emile Mpenza admits he is close to signing a long-term contract with Manchester City.

The Belgium international has impressed for City since joining the club on a short-term deal in February and has scored twice in five starts.

Stuart Pearce is keen for the striker to stay at the club and talks were held with his representatives earlier in the week.

The discussions appear to have been positive as Mpenza has confirmed that he is near to signing a permanent deal with City.

Mpenza admits that, if money were a factor, he would have stayed in Qatar, but is happy to pledge his future to the Premiership side.

"In my mind, I am already with City," the 28-year-old told the Manchester Evening News.

"Only the fine details need to be sorted out now.

"It is not about money, otherwise I would have stayed in Qatar.

"I will never forget that it was City and Stuart Pearce who gave me my chance in England.

"If it was up to me, I would sign for five or six years. I like the city, the team and the coach. He saw me twice and he showed faith in me. I want to repay that."

Anyways, it's not the players, it's down to my new piece of string i'm wearing on my wrist. The mrs got a letter from her parents on Sat morning and inside was 2 pieces of string blessed by the Monks in the village. She said "you want wear one, dark-ling for lucky" so i thought well city need all the help they can. Low and behold we won. Now i can't take it off :D

You remember me posting this post above last month. Well, i'm still wearing the string and we still haven't lost a game since i put it on. Even my brother has got superstitious about it :D

April

14 Liverpool (H) - 1

Well predicted Bred :o

From skysports:-

Reds held in dreary draw

Manchester City and Liverpool played out a 0-0 draw in an instantly forgettable affair at The City of Manchester Stadium.

DaMarcus Beasley came closest to lifting the tedium when hitting the crossbar in the second half, but a winner was not what either team deserved.

Liverpool, aiming to hold off Arsenal for third place, were bereft of ideas, while City were content to pick up a point with Premiership safety surely secured.

Bordering on the pointless, the first half had nothing which will make it into any highlights package and merely served to recommend free admission to these end-of-season 'contests'.

To suggest the two teams were labouring in the spring sunshine would indicate great effort being dispensed and any signs of sweat glistening on brows would have been a trick of the light.

Liverpool did have a chance in the opening five minutes as Jermaine Pennant got in front of Michael Ball, but was unable to steer his shot past Andreas Isaksson.

Pennant should be praised for staying on his feet after a tug from Ball, but he will still be disappointed with his meek effort.

Sylvain Distin cut out a low John Arne Riise cross before Emile Mpenza headed narrowly wide after stealing in front of his marker.

Xabi Alonso, with a reputation for scoring audacious goals, tried his luck from the halfway line, but such a sensational strike would have been out of keeping with the general mediocrity of the game.

Beasley volleyed off target after Distin kept a City corner alive before Jamie Carragher hit the side-netting after Pennant's poor corner had trickled across the six-yard box.

Liverpool started the second half with a little more tempo with Steven Gerrard, playing in an advanced role, heading off target and then seeing his deflected shot comfortably saved by Isaksson.

Riise showed his penchant for vicious shooting with a low drive from 25 yards whizzing past the post following a relatively bright start to the second period.

Dirk Kuyt turned Pennant's cross over under excellent pressure from Richard Dunne before City were denied by the woodwork 15 minutes from time.

Jose Reina's punch from a corner went as far as Beasley, who cut back inside and curled his shot against the top of the bar.

Ball dribbled a shot wide before City fans roared for a penalty when a long throw-in landed on Carragher's arm.

Three minutes of injury time was a needless addition to a game which possessed all the fizz of a pre-season friendly.

Beasley hopes for City stay

DaMarcus Beasley is hoping Manchester City take up the option to keep him on a permanent basis.

The United States international is on a season-long loan from PSV Eindhoven and has scored three goals in 18 appearances.

The winger endured a frustrating start to his City career due to injuries, but has impressed in recent games.

He scored in the 3-1 win at Fulham and struck the crossbar in Saturday's 0-0 home draw with Liverpool.

Beasley aims to keep his place in Stuart Pearce's plans for the closing games of the campaign and hopes to convince the City boss to arrange a permanent deal.

"I have another year at PSV, but City has the option to take it if they choose," Beasley told the club's official website.

"I haven't talked to anyone, so I don't know what's going to happen, but I hope something can happen.

"I'm just trying to enjoy these last few games, hopefully I'll stay in the side and help the team finish as high in the table as we can.

"The injuries I had were frustrating, I had a couple of runs in the side, but went back and forth a bit. It's good to be in the team and feel like you are part of the team, when you are contributing it feels good.

"Playing gives you confidence, I feel that when I get going with a couple of games I can get more confidence to do what I do, and get the club to change their mind and maybe keep me."

From city's website

Pearce pleased with a point

Stuart Pearce has given his reaction to what he saw as a ‘good point’ picked up against Liverpool on Saturday.

Speaking at the Carrington Training Centre this morning Pearce said: “I thought it was a good point – full stop.

“It isn’t very often that Liverpool are reduced to just one shot in a game. We’d have preferred to have won the game.

“Six weeks ago we were being touted as relegation fodder, but people are not speaking as readily about that for us at the moment.”

Pearce was also pleased with the job his defence did for him as they managed to shut out a Liverpool side that had scored 10 goals in it’s previous four outings.

“Another clean sheet, so we’ve got to put that down and say fantastic defensive work,” said the boss.

“You’re playing against maybe the champions of Europe in a month’s time and we didn’t see Liverpool looking like the side that were going to win the game.

“I didn’t come away from the game downhearted at the weekend. I’m pleased to have taken a point from the game and disappointed not to have won it.

“DaMarcus Beasley might have won us the game when he hit the bar late on. The same goes for Emile Mpenza who had a header in the first half that flashed past the post.

And with Mpenza withdrawn on the hour mark due to a knock, Pearce concluded by clearing up his squad’s injury situation.

“We are waiting on Emile at the moment. He is the only one likely to be struggling from the weekend with a blow on the hip.”

In days gone by we would have lost that Liverpool game. We would have come out thinking we can win it, gone for it, left ourselves exposed and lost to a sucker punch or been hammered. Maybe we are now learning where we are on the food chain and playing accordingly - play not to lose and you just might pick up some wins against the lesser teams.

Lets hope we can do the same tonight.

I watched the pool game in the lucky time bar on soi nern plab warn, even though it was goalless it was not a dull game at all, I thought we played very well and again all credit to our defence.

Note to SP: Have a word with DeMarcus Beasley regarding trying to get a new deal with city - this will NOT be acheived by wildy shooting at goal every time you get the ball, instead look around and pass it to someone, preferably on the same side. :o

In days gone by we would have lost that Liverpool game. We would have come out thinking we can win it, gone for it, left ourselves exposed and lost to a sucker punch or been hammered. Maybe we are now learning where we are on the food chain and playing accordingly - play not to lose and you just might pick up some wins against the lesser teams.

Lets hope we can do the same tonight.

I concur. A few weeks ago i thought that our game in hand (against Arsenal) was a cert for nil points. However, the way we have been playing lately i'm hopeful for at least a point tonight.

Note to SP: Have a word with DeMarcus Beasley regarding trying to get a new deal with city - this will NOT be acheived by wildy shooting at goal every time you get the ball, instead look around and pass it to someone, preferably on the same side. :o

A bit harsh there Helicopter. Our main problem has been no one would take it upon themselves to at least have a go. We would have been praising him had the effort which hit the bar, gone in.

This from skysports on tonight's game with the Arse. And it p1sses me orf that it isn't on telly (uk) instead the United Vs Sheffield is on :o

Arsenal v Man City preview

By Tom Adams - Created on 17 Apr 2007

Arsenal can reclaim third place in the Premiership when Stuart Pearce's in-form Manchester City visit Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night, but, more pressingly, a victory should all-but guarantee UEFA Champions League football.

The Gunners ended a four-game winless streak with a 2-1 win over Bolton on Saturday, and another victory on home turf would take them one point above Liverpool and eight clear of Everton and Bolton with four games to play.

However, City have pulled clear of the relegation battle following a five-game unbeaten run and have only lost once in their last seven games away from Eastlands.

Arsene Wenger has lost Swedish international Freddie Ljungberg to a hamstring injury, so Julio Baptista or Jeremie Aliadiere could be brought into the starting XI in a support role for Emmanuel Adebayor.

French youngster Abou Diaby is also an option if Wenger opts to leave Adebayor as a lone striker and employ a five-man midfield.

Otherwise, The Gunners have no new injury concerns with forwards Thierry Henry (stomach and groin), Robin van Persie (metatarsal) and Theo Walcott (shoulder) all long term absentees.

After scoring his first Premiership goal of the season against Bolton on Saturday, Cesc Fabregas will again be looking to display the qualities that have seen him make the shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year award.

Arsenal will also be encouraged by the fact they will be able to field their first choice back four of Emmanuel Eboue, William Gallas, Kolo Toure and Gael Clichy for the fifth game in succession.

A Joey Barton penalty separated the sides in August as City claimed their first win of the season and their first ever Premiership victory over The Gunners.

City boss Pearce has a doubt surrounding Emile Mpenza as the Belgian striker suffered a hip injury in the 0-0 draw with Liverpool and had to be substituted.

Mpenza has impressed at Eastlands in recent weeks but if he fails to prove his fitness then the door could be opened for either Georgios Samaras or Bernardo Corradi to start in North London.

Skysports.com prediction: 2-0 :D

City are no easy touch away from home, but Arsenal should have too much for the visitors.

Skysports.com prediction: 2-0 :D

awwww :D too

skysports was wrong :D:o

ok sowwy sowwy...I know Im bad :D

Oh well never mind. Difficult stadium to go to. Well done

We are safe so no worries :bah:

However for the gunners...is this a case of too little, too late? Do I really care? :o

Ditto :bah:

Archived