Sleight of hand nets gold thief tourist 60,000 baht necklace

webfact

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding between what you wanted from your "dictionary" and what the "dictionary" gave you.

Farang khee nok (colloquial meaning) is a perjorative term for a cheapskate Westerner. (Its literal meaning is a type of forest fruit, not grown commercially also known as farang sii chomphoo)

Khaek is the Thai term for Arab or Indian. Khaek khao can referred to the paler-skinned ones.

I thought it better to warn you in case you mistakenly called your Indian friends farang khee nok.

No misunderstanding from my "dictionary", you must have misread my post, because I don;t recall mispelling Khi nok.

There is a difference between what I stated, Khi nok, not Khee nok, the difference when I referred  back to the Thai wife, (my dictionary), is as clear as daylight, Khi nok is bird shit and Khee nok that you are referring to is, as I already know, i.e. a cheap Charlie.

See copy and pasted from Google search of Farang Khi nok as a back up to what "my dictionary" stated below, which was taken from a sub heading Other Uses out of Wikipedia: 

Farang khi nok (Thai: ฝรั่งขี้นก) is a particular variety of guava, feijoa. Scruffy Westerners, especially backpackers, may also be called farang khi nok. This means "bird-shit farang", as khi means waste and nok means (wild) bird; but, while khi nok may mean guano, it is also a species of fish.

Unfortunately for me I don't have any Indian or Arabic friends to call Khi nok, so you can have guava, feijoa, bird shit and guano all having the same meaning, starting to sound like the English language now, there, their and they're 555  

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

No misunderstanding from my "dictionary", you must have misread my post, because I don;t recall mispelling Khi nok.

There is a difference between what I stated, Khi nok, not Khee nok, the difference when I referred  back to the Thai wife, (my dictionary), is as clear as daylight, Khi nok is bird shit and Khee nok that you are referring to is, as I already know, i.e. a cheap Charlie.

See copy and pasted from Google search of Farang Khi nok as a back up to what "my dictionary" stated below, which was taken from a sub heading Other Uses out of Wikipedia: 

Farang khi nok (Thai: ฝรั่งขี้นก) is a particular variety of guava, feijoa. Scruffy Westerners, especially backpackers, may also be called farang khi nok. This means "bird-shit farang", as khi means waste and nok means (wild) bird; but, while khi nok may mean guano, it is also a species of fish.

Unfortunately for me I don't have any Indian or Arabic friends to call Khi nok, so you can have guava, feijoa, bird shit and guano all having the same meaning, starting to sound like the English language now, there, their and they're 555  

I can assure you that both meanings of farang khee/khi nok are spelt and pronounced identically in Thai ฝรั่งขี้นก. The difference in Romanised spelling is simply down to the vagaries of Wikipedia compilers. Any way, the thief is not a farang of any variety so is not a farang khee/khi nok. He is a khaek.

53 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I can assure you that both meanings of farang khee/khi nok are spelt and pronounced identically in Thai ฝรั่งขี้นก. The difference in Romanised spelling is simply down to the vagaries of Wikipedia compilers. Any way, the thief is not a farang of any variety so is not a farang khee/khi nok. He is a khaek.

Bird poo

• 2 weeks later...