North Korea warns that "more gift packages" on way to U.S.

snoop1130

Just now, mercman24 said:

just put a billion quid on his head, end of.

Well I suspect the weight of all that money on his head loading him down may cause his demise. By crushing. But not the demise of the regime,

the indoctrinated regime.

Putin is at this moment begging for no more sanctions, along with associated warnings of world peril. That is because Russia is finding

it costly, far too costly to continue propping up Nth Korea. China has also vowed to defend Nth Korea if a preemptive strike was launched.

Talk about military might and assassinations are just that. Puerile talk.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It would seem like something has to be done.

We've had years of attempted diplomacy with NK, we've had de-nuclearization deals that were entered into and then broken, and all that's happened is this rogue nation has steadily progressed closer and closer to being able to launch nuclear attacks on its neighboring countries and the U.S.

I'm not sure what the solution or best tactical approach is, but just leaving NK alone to continue further down the nuclear road seems a recipe for disaster.

The crazy part is, the Korean war ended give or take 60 years ago, and yet all we ever hear is they need their nukes because the U.S. is intent on attacking and invading them. Well, the U.S. has had 60 plus years of opportunity since the end of the Korean War to attack/invade North Korea, and never has/never did.

The only reason the U.S. is doing anything there other than ensuring the defense of South Korea is because NK has become a rogue nation led by an unstable dictator who seems willing to use nuclear weapons.

The Korean War (technically) has not ended. They declared a ceasefire that has lasted more than 60 yrs (on and off). 

But I agree, there will be no easy solution. 

1 hour ago, midas said:

" It would seem like something has to be done."

But based on what you are saying what if it sets off the most unbelievable worldwide chain reaction?

Indeed. That's why I didn't advocate a particular course of action, like nuking NK or a first-strike mass bombing or who knows what. I'd certainly say one important priority is to ensure that whatever is done doesn't draw China into a war.

Perhaps the best thing that could happen would be for fat boy to lob some missiles at Guam and start the thing himself. That would give the U.S. the right to go after NK with whatever is necessary presumably short of nuclear weapons. And from everything I've read, as long as the U.S. is not the one to initiate a first attack, the Chinese won't get involved.

It obviously might be better if there were some kind of special ops mission that could take out fat boy and those around him. But who's to say the next one in line would be any different or better. If only he was planning some international travel where he'd be at some airport and could be greeted by an attractive young woman who would fatally poison him (sound familiar???).

11 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

The Korean War (technically) has not ended. They declared a ceasefire that has lasted more than 60 yrs (on and off). 

But I agree, there will be no easy solution. 

There was and is no "cease fire". It is an armistice. There are nuances in difference. For instance the periodic firing on each other

may be covered by an armistice but not by cease fire. ie, back to the table. A cease fire breach may have other consequences.

12 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

There was and is no "cease fire". It is an armistice. There are nuances in difference. For instance the periodic firing on each other

may be covered by an armistice but not by cease fire. ie, back to the table. A cease fire breach may have other consequences.

Yes. You are correct. Armistice and not cease fire. In any case, the Korean War persists and never "ended." 

The linguistics of the terms are correct. But the point is/was, the actual "hot" war in Korea -- what would typically be called warfare or active hostilities -- ended back in the 1950s (even though that was never legally formalized as an official end to the war).

The point of my original reference was, it's been a LONG time (six decades) since the hostilities ceased and no one has invaded or tried invading or conquering North Korea during all the time -- including the long period before NK came to acquire nuclear weapons as a self-declared deterrent.

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

soon we will have to make a choice:

25 million north koreans or 7 billion 475 million other inhabitants of earth

it's not a hard choice for me.

Well you go over there and figure it out while the adults are speaking, then come back with a nice picture...

In the future, all this will be in the history books.

We all know how America and Russia almost had a nuclear war back in 1963, and Russia backed off sending nukes to Cuba.
In the future, Trump will be remembered as a leader who prevented his nation taking planet earth to nuclear destruction, and will have an almost permenant place in the history books. I hope so. I really do hope Washington does not bring about a nuclear war.

Edited by tonbridgebrit

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The linguistics of the terms are correct. But the point is/was, the actual "hot" war in Korea -- what would typically be called warfare or active hostilities -- ended back in the 1950s (even though that was never legally formalized as an official end to the war).

The point of my original reference was, it's been a LONG time (six decades) since the hostilities ceased and no one has invaded or tried invading or conquering North Korea during all the time -- including the long period before NK came to acquire nuclear weapons as a self-declared deterrent.

Well, it was the US that sued for a cease fire. (Thankfully, because before that MacArthur had been calling for nukes to be employed) Luckily, Truman had

already dismissed him as a total egotistical incompetent. 

The US settled for an armistice and a line drawn through Korea. Possibly it was up to USA to pursue a better result. They did not because the Domino

Principle and Effect was already a part of US foreign policy and the "Cold War" was now implemented.

At least the failed President Tricky Dick Nixon finally got limited talks with China back on course. It took another 15 years to talk to Russia.

Final cost to the US was around 20 trillion dollars in 1990 terms. Today? Apparently the US can afford it.

Now the US is embarked on more crusades and revisiting Nth Korea.

May Buddha protect us all   

We all know how America and Russia almost had a nuclear war back in 1963, and Russia backed off sending nukes to Cuba.
In the future, Trump will be remembered as a leader who prevented his nation taking planet earth to nuclear destruction, and will have an almost permenant place in the history books. I hope so. I really do hope Washington does not bring about a nuclear war.
Mentioning trump and books in the same post is hilarious. You're tripping if you think trump will be remembered well in history. Imagining his presidential library is hard too. A comic book stand would be pushing it. Just archive his Twitter record and be done with it.

31 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

soon we will have to make a choice:

25 million north koreans or 7 billion 475 million other inhabitants of earth

it's not a hard choice for me.

What are you going on about ?  I am in Britain right now, I'm one of the 7.475 billion other inhabitants on earth. If Kim wants to nuke Japan, well, I'm not going to die. Stop lumping in myself with a bunch of people in Japan. Stop claiming that North Korea can kill me. They can't.

Why claim North Korea can kill 7.475 billion people ? They can't.

12 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Well we all know that US and Russia almost went to nuclear war. That is what we were taught in the '60"s.

But not quite true.

After the 2nd big war, the US surrounded Russia with weapons. From every direction. Enough to make any country paranoid.

So they came up with their own strategy, we will put nukes on our "comrades" nation, Cuba. Just to even up the threat a bit.

US won the stare down, I doubt there was an actual nuclear contest in mind by either country, just the threat.

MAD, Mutual Assured Destruction is just a neurotic child stamping its foot. Lunacy policy

2 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Why claim North Korea can kill 7.475 billion people ? They can't.

you'll need to show me where i said that?

however it's clear with every passing day that NK is a threat in some way or the other to the rest of the world.

I won't miss it if it wasn't around.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

however it's clear with every passing day that NK is a threat in some way or the other to the rest of the world.

I won't miss it if it wasn't around.

^^^^^

"I won't miss it if it wasn't around."

Ladies and gentlemen, lunacy grandly illustrated.

A striking example of an unhinged individual who advocates the annihilation of an entire population.

Edited by iReason

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Mentioning trump and books in the same post is hilarious. You're tripping if you think trump will be remembered well in history. Imagining his presidential library is hard too. A comic book stand would be pushing it. Just archive his Twitter record and be done with it.

Books yes, comics no. He's a rare gift for comic illustrators, please don't deprive them of the opportunity. 

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Books yes, comics no. He's a rare gift for comic illustrators, please don't deprive them of the opportunity. 

Jingthing does not understand understatement, irony, bang on the head humour nor the subtle elements of elementry smiles.

Illustration is way beyond his grasp.I suggest you desist in attempting to educate him. It is beyond his "grasp"

They could open up their borders and let it become the next Land of Smiles.  

All the BS travel bloggers/vloggers could tell their lies about how beautiful it is and get millions of clicks and backpack all over the north.  

Come see NK, the land of enchantment and beauty.  Kim would love this.  He just wants the world to be impressed with his leadership.  Give him the chance.  

Is he really any worse then some people we can't talk about?  Whats wrong with a unified Korea?  Why should China reap all the money in illegal trade?  

War is not the answer.  

We

I should imagine we all do; or there will be no history books!

Grim jokes aside, if North Korea starts a nuclear war it will result in huge damage in the region, but not, I suspect, the end of the world.

31 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

So many people with so little to say ! Nuke the little <deleted> before he does it to some other country, simple as that :)

Clearly you lack the self awareness to realise what a foolish-sounding post that was.

34 minutes ago, JAG said:

We

I should imagine we all do; or there will be no history books!

Grim jokes aside, if North Korea starts a nuclear war it will result in huge damage in the region, but not, I suspect, the end of the world.

It isn't going to happen. They have no reason to start a war they know they would lose.

i guess you must have missed the announcement from China.....

if fatboy lets his bang stick off first China will remain neutral.

if america lets its bang stick off first China will back NK.

do you really think that Trump will take on China backed by Russia?

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

:cheesy::clap2:

3 hours ago, baboon said:

It isn't going to happen. They have no reason to start a war they know they would lose.

I very much hope that you are right. My worry is neither party is particularly rational, the North Koreans may be tempted to believe their own rhetoric about dealing a blow to the wicked Americans, and the man in charge of the Wicked American side of things, well who knows?

A particular worry is that they may, believing they have their own deterrent shield, believe that they would not lose, and be tempted to actually launch attacks on the South. Because of the geography (Seoul being so close to the border) things would escalate very quickly, particularly if they inflict large scale casualties on the US in the opening attacks.

18 hours ago, robblok said:

True.. i agree that a war is not really a solution. But there has to be some action to make sure that his nukes aren't sold to terrorists. The economy is not that good and I am sure he would not mind the extra money. 

I fully agree that war is not the answer but selling his weapons well put that into perspective. WW2 the USA sold weapons to Germany up until Pearl Harbor Afghanistan was supplied with weapons to fight the communist Russians the same weapons killing British and American soldiers. The ISIS shootings in France and Belgium were done with American supplied weapons. So at the end of the day who's selling armaments for profit? 

Thee will be large scale casualties on both the Americans and South Koreans.  Remember, Seoul is approx 50 Km from North Korea and NK has a massive amount of artillery that can decimate the South Korean capital and cause massive casualties.  Kim will not start a nuclear war- he knows he cannot win and it would be his complete destruction.  He is playing nuclear poker with America but he is playing a dangerous game.  Should one of his missiles fall, even erroneously, on South Korea; Japan or come close to Guam- America will see this as a reason to attack.  The US has huge amounts of manpower to include infantry; air assets; and naval vessels within range of North Korea. The rest will come from the US mainland and can be in the battlefield in less than 24 hours.

I also doubt very much that Kim will start a conventional war- he can't win- impossible. He is trying to force some type of negotiation where he can come out on top.  He gets to keep his nuclear weapons but he gives up his missile technology. The problem is that his country is strapped for cash so he could very well sell the technology to a terrorist state or even worse ISIS.  However, I would expect that the Americans have to pull back from the Korean peninsula and stop the war games as part of the negotiation. In addition, China will have to guarantee the North's existence while the US will guarantee the South.

the American military establishment does not want this war  as they know exactly what the cost that they will bear in lives and equipment lost to pacify North Korea.  The next step will be to up sanctions, jawbone with China and Russia; send in huge weapons stocks to South Korea.  If that fails; the US will go back to the UN and at the same time increase air and naval assets in the Korean area. Next would be a Naval blockade of North Korea and more United  Nations posturing.  At some point, NK will  come  to the negotiating table.