"Look out for this lying, cheating foreign scumbag": man goes on Facebook to warn locals

webfact

"Look out for this lying, cheating foreign scumbag": man goes on Facebook to warn locals

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvNjgwLzM0MDM5NTgvbmV3czA5LmpwZw==.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man has posted a video on a popular fan page to warn the Thai public about a foreigner preying on the gullibility of office workers in the Rachada/ Rama 9 area of Bangkok.

"Phatto" - posting on Mem Pho Dam - said the individual wearing a tight fitting leather jacket, aged 25 to 35 and 175 centimeters tall approached him four times on different days in different locations.

Each time was the same made up sob story.

By the fourth time he had had enough so he filmed the foreigner and posted online to warn others.

The foreigner - using English - says that he has just been robbed, and has lost money and his passport. He asks to be taken to the Singaporean Embassy.

But if people fall for that ruse he starts asking for money, reported Sanook.

If you say 'go to the cops' he says he tried that and they wouldn't help.

He targets office workers and those who look well-heeled. He has also been seen in the Wireless Road area.

Phatto added in his post: "Watch out and please share this story. If he is inside tell security. If he approaches you tell police where and when it happened. Don't use force. Look after yourselves".

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-06

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gosh........is there an actual "conman" operating in Thailand too.

I remember hearing a story about 43 years ago of a man doing something similar back home.

I'm beginning to think this sort of thing might be spreading after reading this story. What a terrible world it could become if this is not stopped immediatly...unbelieveable?

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

There is a thai guy in chiangmai that hit me a couple of times a day for the last six months who is trying to get money for a fare to Lamphun, 19 km down the road.

There is a Thai guy who hangs out in Lumpini park around dusk who always asks for money so he can get back home to Chiang Mai. When i first arrived in BKK several years ago, I gave him 20 baht. Last week he hit me up again and I reminded him that 3 years ago he was still trying to get home to Chiang Mai. he smiled and walked away.

SO, who is the so called falang? all I see is the back of a person walking down the street and some thai blabbing on for the entire video without the translation from thai visa! is that supposed to alert me? i think not. sounds like a thai just looking to get his face on face book or thai visa.

peed myself laughing after reading this, i am lied to most days of my life by Thais where is this site, i think i have a posting coming on. only had one yesterday,, my mum sick in hospital, no money to go see her, we  call it saving for a rainy day, in case of an emergency. but no give a girl a thousand she will spend it the same day ha ha

Look out for those boy scouts and girl scouts (in their thirties) showing you their photo album from the last Jamboree, asking for money to finance the next one......They are all from Singapore too......

If every "farang" posted on facebook everytime someone tried to scam them here in Thailand, I think facebook would collapse under the burden......

Edited by AlQaholic

55 minutes ago, impulse said:

For a lot of us, that's our only chance of ever finding true love...

That's how I found mine, but mama/papa/waterbuffalo were not sick, buffalo died, papa in hospital, no can see, and mama home with no one take care her, that and the sex was and is still is out of this world after 10 years, and I survived a heart attack after being married for 2 months, during intercourse,  4 times in one day is not recommended, so the Cardiologist told me, beat that one, Oy 555, and my hand is off it for those wanting to have a go !

Edited by 4MyEgo

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So if we posting people that cheating us, i have a list of my own with

several names of girls and lawyers on it, ( not in the same order ).....

Sorry but if its not to the detriment of farang i doubt it will be deemed news worthy!!:sad:

55 minutes ago, jackh said:

I keep getting these girls saying "Love you long time...buy me honda". What's up with that?

They will do-a-runner, but on two-wheels, better than two-feet ! :laugh:

Of course on-two-wings would be even better, for a poo-yai, as recent events have demonstrated ! :cool:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

If he approaches you tell police where and when it happened

doubt the police would care; they might look attentive while the story is being told, maybe even pretend to write up a report; all the while hoping the complainant will go away, and after that happens, they will go back to doing whatever they were doing beforehand

32 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Sadly, I've met quite a few, mainly from my home country, that would fit the bill under this heading, during my time here !

If Thailand did not bend over backwards to make us so welcome, then maybe, just maybe some of us would not try and stay longer than we really should