Hunt on for gunman who shot at billionaire's son on Chonburi motorway

webfact

Hunt on for gunman who shot at billionaire's son on Chonburi motorway

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The son of a billionaire was lucky to escape with his life after being shot while driving his sports car on the Chonburi motorway in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

A bullet from a 9mm gun hit the back window of his Nissan GTR - license plate ชล (the first syllable of Chon-buri) 35, registered in Bangkok.

The bullet then hit the back of the seat of the driver Sikharin Tangthewaprasit, 34, entered the back of his head and then embedded in his cheek.

He was rushed to hospital where surgeons removed the bullet and he is recovering. Police expect to interview him today as he is able to speak.

Sikharin is the son of Suthat Tangthewaprasit who owns the largest stone mill in the province. Their business is called Suan Thatsana.

Region 2 police are hunting for the gunman and have not ruled out road rage, a problem over a woman or a financial dispute, reported Thai Rath.

Two 9mm shell casings were found on the road near the shooting that occurred at KM marker 74 800m on the motorway leading towards Bangkok.

Police said the spoiler was hit two times and one bullet entered the car.

The girlfriend of the victim told reporters that the couple were on their way to a house in Chidlom in Bangkok from Huay Kapi sub district.

They had stopped to put some water in the wiper reservoir then proceeded along the motorway. Shortly after a large white pick-up started tailgating and seemed to be angling for a race.

She said her boyfriend was not interested and proceeded normally. Soon around five shots rang out and her boyfriend - who has the nickname "Gib" - was hit and he stopped immediately.

She claimed that the shots came from someone sitting in the passenger seat next to the driver.

Police have been examining CCTV and toll booths to get a lead.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

I'm sure that the Police will *instantly* be able to find 200 men to work on this investigation, and that they'll be able to indentify the white pick-up and it's Driver within *minutes*.

- However, what a pity that they're (apparently) unable to find similar resources for most other crimes.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Region 2 police are hunting for the gunman and have not ruled out road rage, a problem over a woman or a financial dispute, reported Thai Rath.

In other words, the 3 usual culprits. Always jumping to conclusions.

20 minutes ago, andersonat said:

I'm sure that the Police will *instantly* be able to find 200 men to work on this investigation, and that they'll be able to indentify the white pick-up and it's Driver within *minutes*.

- However, what a pity that they're (apparently) unable to find similar resources for most other crimes.

And and the cops investigating a teacher who savagely beat a primary school boy? No, but they did arrange a photo op for the teacher to hand over a basket of junk food.   

13 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

How come he was only driving a nissan,i would have thought Daddy would at least bought his little emporer a merc or bmw.

It's not Somchais average Nissan.

It's a 3.8 l biturbo with almost 600 horsepower.

Theoretical max. speed 320 km/h (200 mph).

Typical "street racer".

In Germany it's over 100'000 Euro.

So you can guess what it costs in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's not Somchais average Nissan.

It's a 3.8 l biturbo with almost 600 horsepower.

Theoretical max. speed 320 km/h (200 mph).

Typical "street racer".

In Germany it's over 100'000 Euro.

So you can guess what it costs in Thailand.

How much are they worth second hand with bullet holes and smeared with blood of an <deleted>?

Probably brown stained seats as well!

I'm sure they'll find the gunman soon. The police in this country are actually quite efficient if they decide to actually work. And since the victim is a billionaire's son, I'm sure they will do much more than their usual lazy nothing.

3 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

How much are they worth second hand with bullet holes and smeared with blood of an <deleted>?

Probably brown stained seats as well!

Cheapest secondhand one that I have see here was 6 million baht. Over USD 180K for an 8 year old car. Seen a few with a 14 million Baht price tag.

28 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

I'm sure they'll find the gunman soon. The police in this country are actually quite efficient if they decide to actually work. And since the victim is a billionaire's son, I'm sure they will do much more than their usual lazy nothing.

Chances are good if the CCTV at the toll gates worked.

If...

They had stopped to put some water in the wiper reservoir then proceeded along the motorway. Shortly after a large white pick-up started tailgating and seemed to be angling for a race.

She said her boyfriend was not interested and proceeded normally.

yer right cos the Thais never rise to a challenge in a car do they :cheesy::cheesy:

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why does the story report that he is the son of a billionaire? What relevance does that have to the incident? None, as far as we know.

Extremely relevant.

local etiquette #1: It's simply not done to kill a billionaire's son.

local etiquette #2: Billionaire's sons kill with impunity.

7 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Cheapest secondhand one that I have see here was 6 million baht. Over USD 180K for an 8 year old car. Seen a few with a 14 million Baht price tag.

Thai bloke, nice lad, in my local market town has one. Paid 1.5 mil TB S/Hand, immaculate car, but an older model. Still, cheap for over here.

15 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Thai bloke, nice lad, in my local market town has one. Paid 1.5 mil TB S/Hand, immaculate car, but an older model. Still, cheap for over here.

Bargain price .. The cheapest on *bay priced in Britland is £33 k up and that is for earlier ones .. One's that are only a couple of years old are 55/60 k .. 

_20170907_152851.JPG

To me it doesn't matter if the victim was an elitist or not. 

Ok, well, perhaps I am smiling a bit 555. 

At first I was thinking it was a hit, then I was curious about the relevance of stopping on the highway to top off the windshield washer reservoir. Who would stop on a highway to refill a washer? Stop at a service station perhaps. 

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Been here 25 years. Doesn't change the fact that who his father is and the size of his bank account has nothing at all to do with the incident. Except in Thailand, where money is always news.

Except in Thailand ...... So you've just contradicted yourself.

It's never too late to wake up, even after 25 years.