Thachatchai checkpoint to be renovated – better security

webfact

Thachatchai checkpoint to be renovated – better security

"The more efficient we are in checking people and vehicles at the entrance and exit with bomb detectors, searches and security, the safer it will be for the people traveling to Phuket."

By Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_0837.jpg

Phuket authorities, led by the Governor, are planning on the renovation of Thachatchai checkpoint, the northern gateway of Phuket.

Yesterday (August 6), the meeting gathered many local departments to discuss on how to make the gateway of Phuket more modern in terms of equipments, building and manpower and increase the security standards.

“Phuket is the centre of passenger arrivals by plane, gathering many airlines both domestic and international, and Thachatchai is the checkpoint that connects Phuket with other provinces which is why we have to develop it to a higher standard,” said the Governor Noraphat Plodthong.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/thachatchai-checkpoint-renovated-better-security

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-09-07

Thachatchai checkpoint will also connect with the Phuket Gateway, the new landmark of Phuket which is now under construction to make it more beneficial to locals and travellers.

Is this a comment from 2003 or have I missed something?

Actually, I'll answer my own question: it's becoming a shopping mall, isn't it? In which case passengers on buses pulled over will have time for more shopping, and that means more commission all round!

Edited by madmitch

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

<snip>

Actually, I'll answer my own question: it's becoming a shopping mall, isn't it? In which case passengers on buses pulled over will have time for more shopping, and that means more commission all round!

No that is the Welcome to Phuket center half way between bridge and check point.