Four set to face murder charge in gruesome "bloody Mama" beating of next door neighbor

rooster59

Four set to face murder charge in gruesome "bloody Mama" beating of next door neighbor

security.PNG

Image: Daily News

Kannayao police in Bangkok said yesterday they will charge a family of four with murder in the death of their security guard neighbor - a crime caught graphically on CCTV.

The family and their neighbors had been involved in a long running dispute that could be sparked by the slightest thing.

Earlier this week they had all ended up at the police station after the brother of the security guard - who has mental health problems - had cooked up some Mama noodles on a stove outside their property.

The neighbors were furious that the smell had wafted over.

Later in the day when Somchai Klinklom, 47, returned home a fight broke out with his neighbors - a mother and father, their son and daughter in law.

Somchai was attacked with a knife and kicked and punched. He also got in blows of his own. At one point Somchai was held down as he was mercilessly beaten.

Somchai was left dead in the middle of Soi 1 at the Maneemas housing estate.

Three of the neighbors ended up in Nopparat Ratchathanee hospital injured. The daughter in law - Sasina Satraphan, 20 - fled but was arrested yesterday visiting at the ER ward in the hospital.

Singh Singhdech of the Kannayao police said that all four neighbors would face murder charges - whether the charges will be deemed premeditated will be decided in the course of further investigations.

The whole sickening fight was caught on CCTV.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neighbors in "bloody Mama"  smelly noodles murder case all named as Thailand reels in latest street violence

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO23FtoN7uq2BQf4xJ.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Police have named all four neighbors in the sensational "bloody Mama" noodles case.

A security guard called Somchai Klinklom, 47, was beaten to death after his brother cooked up some Mama noodles outside their property.

The neighbors objected to the smell. When Somchai returned home from his security job a fight with knives and baseball bats ensued in broad daylight in the street.

It was all caught on CCTV and has shocked the Thai public who pride themselves on getting along with the neighbors and turning the other cheek.

Kannayao police had already named daughter in law Sasina Satraphan, 20 who was arrested visiting the hospital where her relatives were recovering. She had fled earlier.

Also named was mother Montha Monthangernwatanasuk, 48. Officer Singh Singhdech said that both had been charged with murder and would appear at Minburi Court.

The others are Montha's husband Suchart Utra, 50, and their son Surasee Utra, 24. They are still in hospital and are soon expected to be arraigned for murder.

The murder happened in a soi at the Maneemas housing estate in Kannayao police district.

The houses are next to each other and both families had been involved in a long running dispute that could be sparked by the slightest thing, said police earlier.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-09

we have some jerk neighbors that from the start did not like us building our house on their street. We came home one day to find they constructed a fence in the middle of the public road before our house, closing off one end of the street, just like that. At first we demanded they take it down, but now we are grateful. They are angry people worth avoiding. We have access to our house from the other side. Better just to go around and have a fence between us. 

If they had just permanently disabled the victim, they all could have gotten away with a 500 THB fine.  

Thai sure do love their group-beatdowns.  The victim might have survived the horrendous beating, but when the last guy shows up with a machete, that was the Coup de gras that ended the poor guy life.  That was premeditate.  How compassionate.   

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Somebody died and the author of the article thinks it is funny " bloody mama"?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

One would also think out of respect for the deceased, they would cover his body with a white sheet as we westerners do, ooops sorry forgot where I was again.

Edited by 4MyEgo

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Also one would think put of respect for the deceased they would cover his body with a white sheet as the westerners do

I think there is far too much screening these days, let the world see murder and beatings of another human being are extremely brutal!!

Let drivers see the resulting carnage of taking risks, DIU, speeding, where is the deterrent in a photo of a white sheet!!

Show the detail, carnage, blood and guts splattered all over, with a warning, for those that cannot take a dose of reality!!

a let me off, a long running dispute that could be sparked by the slightest thing, said the police. I have to say the smell that annoys me is the smell of motor bike wheel rubber tubes used to light the BBQs but I like others would like to know what brand of noodles the man was cooking, surely there was more to it, could he had forgotten to add water?

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Tell me again about the "Peaceful Thai".  They are, without a doubt, some of the most violent and bloody people on the face of the earth.

Haven't been to Korea have you?

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Tell me again about the "Peaceful Thai".  They are, without a doubt, some of the most violent and bloody people on the face of the earth.

And don't forget that Thailand has double the rate of gun deaths than America. But no-one talks about it because Thailand is an insignificant social, political and economic backwater that no-one other than the Thais care about for one second.

46 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I think there is far too much screening these days, let the world see murder and beatings of another human being are extremely brutal!!

Let drivers see the resulting carnage of taking risks, DIU, speeding, where is the deterrent in a photo of a white sheet!!

Show the detail, carnage, blood and guts splattered all over, with a warning, for those that cannot take a dose of reality!!

Each to their own, I have seen too many bodies in my life time which stay in my head, only to be brought back each time I see a picture thrown in my face.

A simple sign saying, "Warning Graphic Content" could save me a lot of crap to deal with, as I would steer right away from it.

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Each to their own, I have seen too many bodies in my life time which stay in my head, only to be brought back each time I see a picture thrown in my face.

A simple sign saying, "Warning Graphic Content" could save me a lot of crap to deal with, as I would steer right away from it.

I agree a warning would be a kind thought.....but

"stay in my head, only to be brought back each time I see a picture."

Isn't this the way a deterrent should work?

Edited by 473geo

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I adamantly disagree. Sure, there are some madmen here. And some hot tempered fools too. But, as a nation they are not violent. The murder rate here is about the same as in the US, per capita. Far, far lower than nearly any country in Central or South America. Now, if you want to talk about the most violent people in the world, talk about the Hondurans or the Salvadoreans. Or the Brazilians. 

The puzzling aspect this murder, is that fact that they over reacted to the smell of Mama soup. Have you ever heard of a Thai person who does not like Mama soup? They must have really had an ax to grind. 

Edited by spidermike007

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Strange thing to say but sadly its true. I know because I suffer from it on almost a daily basis.

Im trying to teach people (Thais) what they profess to know themselves, peace, well being, 'kwaam suk' and etc.

They all go to the temple but when they leave their buddist training in these matters seems to vanish.

Very sad indeed.

"...has shocked the Thai public who pride themselves on getting along with the neighbors and turning the other cheek."

Someone please tell me what part of Thailand this is... I'd like to check it out as a place to move to. 

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I adamantly disagree. Sure, there are some madmen here. And some hot tempered fools too. But, as a nation they are not violent. The murder rate here is about the same as in the US, per capita. Far, far lower than nearly any country in Central or South America. Now, if you want to talk about the most violent people in the world, talk about the Hondurans or the Salvadoreans. Or the Brazilians. 

The puzzling aspect this murder, is that fact that they over reacted to the smell of Mama soup. Have you ever heard of a Thai person who does not like Mama soup? They must have really had an ax to grind. 

Thailand has one fifth the population of the U.S., but more than double the number of violent gun deaths.  Your argument doesn't hold water. 

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

I agree a warning would be a kind thought.....but

"stay in my head, only to be brought back each time I see a picture."

Isn't this the way a deterrent should work?

I am sure most would click on the "Graphic Warning Sign" out of curiosity, were I could be spared the trauma of my mind revisiting all the bodies that I have seen over the years, not the ones on TVF, I am referring to real life bodies due to causes of accidents, suicides, etc etc  

As for the ones in hospital they were obviously put there by the maniac with the machete judging by the video. Friendly fire of a sort.

One of the first things I learned here is that Thais don't fight to win but to kill and it's absolutely sickening what that family of savages were capable of.

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

More I know about people , more I enjoy the company of my dogs ...

Yes I know how you feel...sometimes I feel ashamed of the human race. To say this disgusting incident was barbaric, is just not enough.