Video: Trouble at the "Monkey House" - foreign hoods launch attack at Surin bar

webfact

Just now, The manic said:

There is no connection between red light areas and MC gangs.

@gamini

Ok the manic, interesting point as according to gamini the chap who took a hit was said to be a brothel owner.

If true and the intentions of these bikers was to damage the biz of said brothel owner, surely a connection?

If that is the case, it's gutter trash v gutter trash and why should anyone judge either side and if it is the case, surely that's the cost of operating such a business and if you choose to exploit the natives in this way, both parties are just as bad.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaffers  in  bars  ,  are on a good earner , so  they should expect to take a smack 

or  a bottle or two,   perk of the job , entente cordial etc,  Imho .

Mines , a  Harley . 

Edited by elliss

[mention=99494]gamini[/mention]

Ok the manic, interesting point as according to gamini the chap who took a hit was said to be a brothel owner.

If true and the intentions of these bikers was to damage the biz of said brothel owner, surely a connection?

If that is the case, it's gutter trash v gutter trash and why should anyone judge either side and if it is the case, surely that's the cost of operating such a business and if you choose to exploit the natives in this way, both parties are just as bad.

'Exploit the natives' !!!!
Soi Kola has been there long before most farangs crawled up to Surin. Pol Pot used to book out a complete floor of the nearby hotel, for instance so farangs may have tarnished the reputation now but I don't think they can be blamed for turning Surin into some sort of 'den of iniquity'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

@gamini

Point taken but I have never seen an MC in any of the red light areas I have been to in Europe or Asia. In Pattaya they hang out at TQ1 occasionally just one bar on beach road abd not a red light area. And there was an MC for a while on action street..hardly a red light area. Regarding this incident in this thread ..Some seem to drink in Pattaya but that is an Auztralian connection I think. In Germany the Albainians would laugh them out of the German Red Light Zones. In England the girls would do the same. I had not realised Surin even had a red light area..or even an entertainment zone. One swallow does not make a spring nor does one alleged brothel owner make a red light area. Bikers of this type whether called gang or club frequently are in a kind of adolescent rebellion against order. They have a criminally bad sense of fashion and dress like overgrown children.  Like all gangs they can be be coopted by real crims to cause mayhem. Sometimes you see on drinking venues...'Bikers welcome but no colours'.

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I wouldn't want to be on that plane with them, it would be a disaster.  The only safe way would be Military transport  or "Con Air"

Put adult diapers on them and get some burly military police to tape their arms securely to the arm rests on the plane and leave them like that for the duration of the flight.  Gag them, if necessary.  Alert police in their home countries to come and release them at the other end.   

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Differences between a motorcycle club and a motorcycle gang?

There are some groups or organizations that are motorcycle-oriented, though not really clubs.  I'm a "member" of the Patriot Guard Riders here in the US, though I don't have a bike.  We "pay our dues" by attending funerals of fallen military members, welcoming home deployed troops and so forth.  Many are military vets.

There's the Loei Gentleman's Motorcycle Club up in Isaan that looks like a nice group.  They get together for rides and seem to have a good time.  Not sure how many members they have or if it's even a formal club.

patriot-guard-riders.jpg

pgr 2.jpg

pgr 3.jpg

loei gentlemans motorcycle club.JPG

Listen lads I like motorbikes but bloody hell they make a racket and a half. I'm not much into noise. What bike is a quiet beast for the intermediate expert lol . I mean surely some manufacturer has cottoned on to the noise and try and solve it?

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes there have been countless and none of them ever said they were all criminals, its the inner core that are criminals. I trust so called documentaries especially after having seem multiple and read Dutch news about this topic. I prefer to believe those over remarks of someone like you. 

I will not deny that the inner circle are criminals, recently in the Dutch papers there was a article about the leader of one of these MC who had taken a hit out on a public prosecutor. So yea there are a lot of criminals but they are not the majority of members. Lots of them are just normal guys and they are not included in the inner circle.. would I want to meet those so called normal guys.. no not really they are still not my type of people.

But i just think its a bit unfair to paint an image as if they were all criminal while its the inner circle who is. 

Not in 1% clubs mate your way off on your numbers.

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Not in 1% clubs mate your way off on your numbers.

Agreed.  And I disagree with the whole "inner circle" thing as well.  There may be some "clubs" where there's some distinction between this so-called  "inner circle" and the rest of the membership, or it's just a decent club with decent people in it to begin with, but the notorious motorcycle gangs are nothing but bad news.   If the "outliers" aren't quite as vicious as the "inner circle", it's only because they haven't been there long enough yet.  If you think you're a "decent" guy and choose to affiliate with one of these gangs, the best that can be said about you is that you're a LONG way from knowing how to pick your friends...   They're a human scourge that needs to be eradicated, whatever that takes...    One could wonder how they ever get into the country, but I expect they go through Immigration more like little girls than big tough leather-sporting biker warriors.

My question is? Why does Thailand have 250,000 Police. Should the police not be looking for these guys? The army is supposed to be here to defend Thailand and install military governments when they decide they dont like the elected government anymore.

Now where i come this is the job of a policeman

Solve murders and crime

Make people obey traffic rules

Enforce the law

Do any of the police actually know that this is there job? Or do they think collecting Tea Money is all they are  needed to do?

4 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

My question is? Why does Thailand have 250,000 Police. Should the police not be looking for these guys? The army is supposed to be here to defend Thailand and install military governments when they decide they dont like the elected government anymore.

Now where i come this is the job of a policeman

Solve murders and crime

Make people obey traffic rules

Enforce the law

Do any of the police actually know that this is there job? Or do they think collecting Tea Money is all they are  needed to do?

Er....enforce the just laws...

14 hours ago, impulse said:

Woman wants to have kids, she's going to have kids.  With or without the willing participation of her partner.  If you're shooting real bullets, there's a chance it's going to be your kid.  If you're shooting blanks, that may stop you.  But not her.  Tick Tock goes the biological clock.

I have no problem with old farts popping out kids since I have no clue how it transpired.  As long as they take loving care of them.

Edit:  My favorite saying on the topic is that the highest paying, most stable job available to many Thai (and Chinese) women is mother of some foreigner's kid.  And that reality drives a lot of my decisions.  As much as he likes to get out and play, the little guy spends a lot of time INSIDE my pants.

if your a smart guy you even the odds up by having a vasectomy as i did and enjoy the rest of your life without some half Witt forcing kids on you when your in your 60s:smile:

My favorite saying on the topic is that the highest paying, most stable job available to many Thai (and Chinese) women is mother of some foreigner's kid.  And that reality drives a lot of my decisions.  As much as he likes to get out and play, the little guy spends a lot of time INSIDE my pants.

and my favorite saying is........ no fool like an old fool.:smile:

10 hours ago, petesc55 said:

I think some immigration police visits to the 'Cross Pissheads' bar are in order.

So much of this trash is easily dealt with if the authorities have some cojones.

This  isn't some place where farang have much rights.

They probably do visit there to collect there brown envelops and to see if they anything they want dealt with by turning a blind eye

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.  Some posts containing comments of this forum rule have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Ah the fond memories of Surin I had when I lived there for seven years. A quiet place with perhaps the best bunch of ExPats I have come across since I moved to Thailand. Many have passed, many have moved to other places myself included and many have simply packed up and left Thailand alltogether. The only place you would not visit was the Norwegean hangout, Oasis owned by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings, killings on the premises were the norm. That was where the Scandanavian rubble congregated to take the pi..ss. My last years there did start to see a change and not for the better. The Farangs showing up were a lot younger, more obnoxious with chips on their shoulders and sadly lacking in the social skills necessary to integrate into a laid back town. Places like the Farang Connection lost their char
m

Gone forever are the good old days when Surin was a great place for ExPats to settle down in. I lived there for seven years and had the pleasure of meeting some of the best people. Places like the Farang Connction, the Green Mango, the Sportmans Pub, Starbeams, N&M, Lorenzinos were thriving. You went there to relax have a few pints chat with your friends and maybe have a meal. The only place you avoided unless you were a Scandanavian was Oasis Bar, owned and run by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings and yes even a killing kept decent and normal ExPats miles away. The only motorbike gang to speak of were the friends of the owner who took pleasure in riding around on their "Hogs" making as much racket as they could. But even these bozos had enough good sense to not hassle the rest of us. Changes started happening as the old timers started passing away, others just moved on to other places while others simply packed it in and returned to their country of origin. A younger crowd started showing up, less refined, less incomes, less educated but with that sense of entitlement that turned a lot of old timers off. I don't doubt for a second after reading and seeing the video that Surin has undergone a dramatic change and not for the better.

1 hour ago, idman said:

Ah the fond memories of Surin I had when I lived there for seven years. A quiet place with perhaps the best bunch of ExPats I have come across since I moved to Thailand. Many have passed, many have moved to other places myself included and many have simply packed up and left Thailand alltogether. The only place you would not visit was the Norwegean hangout, Oasis owned by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings, killings on the premises were the norm. That was where the Scandanavian rubble congregated to take the pi..ss. My last years there did start to see a change and not for the better. The Farangs showing up were a lot younger, more obnoxious with chips on their shoulders and sadly lacking in the social skills necessary to integrate into a laid back town. Places like the Farang Connection lost their char
m

Gone forever are the good old days when Surin was a great place for ExPats to settle down in. I lived there for seven years and had the pleasure of meeting some of the best people. Places like the Farang Connction, the Green Mango, the Sportmans Pub, Starbeams, N&M, Lorenzinos were thriving. You went there to relax have a few pints chat with your friends and maybe have a meal. The only place you avoided unless you were a Scandanavian was Oasis Bar, owned and run by a certified nut case. Fights, stabbings and yes even a killing kept decent and normal ExPats miles away. The only motorbike gang to speak of were the friends of the owner who took pleasure in riding around on their "Hogs" making as much racket as they could. But even these bozos had enough good sense to not hassle the rest of us. Changes started happening as the old timers started passing away, others just moved on to other places while others simply packed it in and returned to their country of origin. A younger crowd started showing up, less refined, less incomes, less educated but with that sense of entitlement that turned a lot of old timers off. I don't doubt for a second after reading and seeing the video that Surin has undergone a dramatic change and not for the better.

Superb post. Are you in a safer place, now?

On 9/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Military involved now. Deportation imminent. 

Now the RTP will have to act , so they aren't embarrassed! I think giving the Military the same authority as the RTP was

probably one of the best things to happen since the coup!. The RTP actually has to investigate and not pick up their brown envelopes. I've never seen so many people go to prison since the Military took over. Normally if you have money

you stay out of court and the jails, but now the Military is overseeing the RTP, so they have to work. I feel sorry for the Brits who have to work in a bar rather than enjoy retirement on a pension like most retirees.

3 hours ago, idman said:

m

yes had some great times in farang conection after playing gold at the army base, martin was a great old stick, bless him,

On 12/09/2017 at 8:20 PM, Rc2702 said:

So to the untrained eyes.

Differences between a motorcycle club and a motorcycle gang?

Do the club's wear patches to highlight who they are?

Are these clubs in any way affiliated to motorcycle gangs?

Are these clubs used as a method to recruit gang members?

I'm asking as I have no idea and I'd just like to know.

If there is no affiliation I wonder why the wires are being crossed with the two? 

Clue is in the name: "Gang" as opposed to "Club".

:w00t:

8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Clue is in the name: "Gang" as opposed to "Club".

:w00t:

'Was "surrounded" on a public through-street once by a bunch of mickey mouse clubbers on rice rockets (not choppers) dressed in pretty-color jumpsuits (not leathers) who apparently got peeved when I had to "invade" their herd in order to get into a right-turn lane.  They had thought they owned and held sole title to it.  They wouldn't move, held up traffic (it was a fairly busy shopping mall intersection); one rode right up against my door so I couldn't get out of the car. They finally paddled off because other drivers saw what was going on and started sounding their horns making the morons realize they'd probably bitten off a bit more than they could chew.   I had gotten a couple of license nos. and filed a police report, but I doubt anything ever happened.

I imagine most "clubs" are more decent than this, but it just goes to show that gang mentality is a powerful thing and the undisciplined, simple mind falls easy prey to it.  The MC gangs represent the extreme end of the spectrum.   These girls have regressed several steps on the evolutionary ladder, lost the plot completely and are in dire need of serious adult supervision,,,,,,for a few years,,,,,,,in an appropriate facility,,,,,,. 

9 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

'Was "surrounded" on a public through-street once by a bunch of mickey mouse clubbers on rice rockets (not choppers) dressed in pretty-color jumpsuits (not leathers) who apparently got peeved when I had to "invade" their herd in order to get into a right-turn lane.  They had thought they owned and held sole title to it.  They wouldn't move, held up traffic (it was a fairly busy shopping mall intersection); one rode right up against my door so I couldn't get out of the car. They finally paddled off because other drivers saw what was going on and started sounding their horns making the morons realize they'd probably bitten off a bit more than they could chew.   I had gotten a couple of license nos. and filed a police report, but I doubt anything ever happened.

I imagine most "clubs" are more decent than this, but it just goes to show that gang mentality is a powerful thing and the undisciplined, simple mind falls easy prey to it.  The MC gangs represent the extreme end of the spectrum.   These girls have regressed several steps on the evolutionary ladder, lost the plot completely and are in dire need of serious adult supervision,,,,,,for a few years,,,,,,,in an appropriate facility,,,,,,. 

No discipline in the early years.

Most clubs are just enthusiasts that help each other.

There are likely gangs that call themselves clubs, but once there is a multitude on the road egotism and the power of the numbers can takeover.

Mods and Rockers?

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

If you're lookin' for trouble, bar me from this place; It's almost as if you'd spat in my face.

I've told you, mate . . . start a knitting and reading club. After a bit of practice, you can do both at the same time . . . and fry an egg, too, maybe :stoner: