Multi Entry Tourist Visa 90 days almost up. looking for options

I recently paid 5000 baht for METV and then another 1900 at Immigration for a 30 day extension.  My 90 days are almost up and I will need to leave Bangkok but I want to leave and come back on the same day. I would like to know what are the cheapest options that I have to do this as this is my 1st time ever having to do a Visa run.

My accomodation is in Sukhumvit area/Phrom Pong and so far the first plan I can think of doing is either going to Don Mueng Airport and fly to Udon Thani  and then take the Bus up to Nong Khai and paying $35 for Laos Visa, and then turn around and re-enter Thailand back to Udon Thani.  But I want to know if there is an easier way or more efficient way than that?   I also I would prefer not to have to go to a place that I have to pay for a full page Visa in my passport, like at Laos, and save the $35 fee since I am just leaving the border and re-entering the same day to activate my 2nd entry on my Visa.  

Another option I was thinking of was flying out from Suvarnabhumi to Kuala Lumpur, get my small stamp and turn around and fly back to BKK on the same day. This option will let me leave early in the morning and return back on the same day so I don't need to worry about accommodation costs.  

I am looking for other recommendations maybe a more convenient one that I am not aware of yet, are there other ways can I leave and re-enter on the same day for a good price? How about to Myannmar? But wouldn't I need to pay additional for the Visa there for US Passport? There's also a flight to Hong Kong which is about 3 hours and back and they don't put any stamps in the passport at all.

How much cash should I budget to spend for this Visa run on my METV?? Also to better prepare me for my next Visa run after the next 90 days because I plan to do it all over again before the 6 months expires to get an additional 90 days.

You can get a Air Asia flight from Don Muang to Kuala Lumpur. Probably less costly than any flight from Suvarnabhumi.

You could also do a border run to the Ban Phu Nam Ron Crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar. No full page visa there either. Total cost of the crossing is 950 baht that includes transport across no mans land and the 500 baht fee for a border pass.

Fly to Chiang Rai and do a crossing at Mae Sai to Myanmar. Fly to Mae Sot and cross to Myanmar there.

• Like 1

Thanks, I didn't even know about Ban Phu Nam Ron. I'll have to look up on that. The total cost for transportation would only be 950 Baht plus 500 Baht, is this round trip? And how many hours is the transportation time?

Ideally if I can leave and get back to Bkk in 6-8 hours that would be my best case scenario that's why if I have to pay extra, I don't mind flying out to Malaysia or Hong Kong for that extra time convenience compared to say being on a Bus for a 10 hour round trip.

Edited by lopezkoa

If you have a long-stay history on TR visas, and wish to avoid an airport-return, UJ's suggestions to Myanmar are good options.  You could also fly to Penang, train back through the Pedang Besar checkpoint (have 20K Baht to show) to the Hat Yai station, taxi to the airport, then fly where ever domestic from there.  No big sticker from Malaysia. 

7 minutes ago, lopezkoa said:

Thanks, I didn't even know about Ban Phu Nam Ron. I'll have to look up on that. The total cost for transportation would only be 950 Baht plus 500 Baht, is this round trip? And how many hours is the transportation time?

Note that I wrote across no mans land which is between Thai and Myanmar immigration check points and back to the Thai side. It is not to the crossing from Bangkok.

You can take a bus to Kanchanaburi and then local transport to the crossing.