Video: Brake failure - standard excuse ruled as nonsense

webfact

Video: Brake failure - standard excuse ruled as nonsense

6pm.jpg

CCTV from an intersection in Phayao showed a ten wheel truck laden with earth ploughing into four cars in the Mae Tam area.

The driver told the cops it was brake failure.

But Jowo reported yesterday that initial findings showed that the brakes were in good working order and that they driver was either going too fast or had fallen asleep at the wheel.

A pick-up an SUV and two other cars were damaged but though several people were taken to hospital there were no serious injuries.

Source: 77JOWO

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-13

"The driver told the cops it was brake failure...But Jowo reported yesterday that initial findings showed that the brakes were in good working order..."

The concept of personal responsibility does not exist in the LOS. Everyone is perfect and it is always someone or something else's fault.  Imagine how much progress would take place here if people just said:" It was my fault. Let's see what the problem was, fix it, make sure it doesn't happen again, and move on".

12 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"The driver told the cops it was brake failure...But Jowo reported yesterday that initial findings showed that the brakes were in good working order..."

The concept of personal responsibility does not exist in the LOS. Everyone is perfect and it is always someone or something else's fault.  Imagine how much progress would take place here if people just said:" It was my fault. Let's see what the problem was, fix it, make sure it doesn't happen again, and move on".

Spot on...... this is why it happens, frailer to take responsibility, throw in a bit of face saving.......... Could start with blaming the vehicles in fron for stopping to fast.....Maybe talk to bother in police force, grease them wheels and if all that fails....... Whip out the get out of jail 'free' card...... "It was an evil spirits I tell's yer", (get that truck and intersection blessed) ......... Not working, (someone had more influence in one of them cars) Say sorry to the chief of police, and any dignitary who can get a publicity boost  out of it. (not the victims....... That would be a sign of YOU did something wrong) Last ditch effort, shave your head and check into a Wet for a week..... Job done!

27 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

lets see what the problem was ? fix it, BRAIN FAILURE.

I'd be more inclined towards phone use, I have personally witnessed 3 similar accidents (as a pedestrian) taking place right in front of me when crossing the road near traffic lights, watched as the drivers of 3x pickups plowed into the back of a line of vehicles stopped at a red light, all of them had their faces buried in their mobile phones

In my area they have recently started to erect huge lcd advertising panels at traffic junctions. They are incredibly bright with moving images, just perfect to distract a driver's attention away from the junction. It is almost impossible to avoid glancing at them, basically a reflex action to see what is going on.

Another great idea for road safety in the land of the worst drivers on the planet.

4 hours ago, jaltsc said:

thais do not have the ability to behave as suggested; they simply cannot do it

5 hours ago, jaltsc said:

This kind of generalization is tiresome and ignorant.  Whatever country you are from, people are going to make excuses for their bad behavior.  If you want to find out if the concept of personal responsibility exists in Thailand, try walking through the airport with a bag of weed.  I'm pretty sure they will ignore your excuses and lock you up (unless of course you bribe them enough).  And yes I agree that Thailand traffic is crazy, the drivers are poorly vetted, and the laws are weird.  If you are just now learning this, I just have to shake my head.  :-)  

6 hours ago, jaltsc said:

Seems no different to Europe... always blame someone else, or say the person in the wrong has some kind of medical / emotional stress / depression problem.  

9 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Wonder if they will ever introduce working tachograph systems here some day, read not long back that they had started on some types of the buses
Way too many accidents caused by sleeping at the wheel that could be prevented

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tachographs cannot and 

9 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Wonder if they will ever introduce working tachograph systems here some day, read not long back that they had started on some types of the buses
Way too many accidents caused by sleeping at the wheel that could be prevented

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tachographs do not stop sleeping, speeding, stupidity, or brake failure, they only record vehicle performance and driving time. 

19 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Shortage of amulets. Thailand needs more amulets. Amulets will fix the road safety problem here. The PM should 44 up some more amulets. Job done. 

Oh how true. Many/most Thais will claim all/most accidents are not due to drivers' errors but due to "bad luck." 

9 hours ago, wealthychef said:

This kind of generalization is tiresome and ignorant.  Whatever country you are from, people are going to make excuses for their bad behavior.  If you want to find out if the concept of personal responsibility exists in Thailand, try walking through the airport with a bag of weed.  I'm pretty sure they will ignore your excuses and lock you up (unless of course you bribe them enough).  And yes I agree that Thailand traffic is crazy, the drivers are poorly vetted, and the laws are weird.  If you are just now learning this, I just have to shake my head.  :-)  

"If you want to find out if the concept of personal responsibility exists in Thailand, try walking through the airport with a bag of weed.  I'm pretty sure they will ignore your excuses and lock you up (unless of course you bribe them enough)."

Apples and pears :saai:

"And yes I agree that Thailand traffic is crazy, the drivers are poorly vetted, and the laws are weird."

Speaking of generalizations :coffee1: