Bonanza for locals as dozens land struggling fish in Hua Hin

webfact

Bonanza for locals as dozens land struggling fish in Hua Hin

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

HUA HIN: -- Heavy rain in downtown Hua Hin on Saturday caused a phenomenon that meant sea life was struggling for oxygen.

Both children and adults with nets and harpoons were easily able to land a whole variety of fish and crustaceans.

Some took their bounty home to eat while others were able to make money and sell to traders on the beach.

Lots of Thai and foreign tourists took pictures of the activity on a 2 kilometer stretch from the Saphan Pla port to the Klai Kangwon palace walls.

Locals said that the phenomenon known in Thai as "Nam Biat Nam Kan" caused a variety of marine life to have to come to the surface to breathe making it easy to catch.

Lots of water had flowed into the sea from the municipal area causing "a change in sea color", reported Daily News.

Among the varieties landed were large shark fish, skate and prawns.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-18

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"a change in sea color", to brown ?, guess what that is,

the fish did not have the sense to swim to deeper water,

more than heavy rain involved I think.

regards Worgeordie

I know....  how stupid do these fish have to be not to realize all they need to do is face away from land and swim. These must be the dumbest fish ever !...  :coffee1:

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know....  how stupid do these fish have to be not to realize all they need to do is face away from land and swim. These must be the dumbest fish ever !...  :coffee1:

Thai fish...

I'm a little puzzled that they can arrest a tourist with 100,000 baht bail for feeding some fish while other fish can be plucked from the water and sold with impunity. 

I'm not saying either side of that is right or wrong, but it's tough to tell the rules without a program.  And I think it's in Thai, and interpreted pretty liberally.

Edited by impulse

Why isn't there an investigation started as to what toxic thing entered the ocean?  It seems like rain water would have plenty of O2.  

Maybe to much fresh water for saltwater species.   I guess this happened in the past before so much polution and open sewars?

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Why isn't there an investigation started as to what toxic thing entered the ocean?  It seems like rain water would have plenty of O2.  

Maybe to much fresh water for saltwater species.   I guess this happened in the past before so much polution and open sewars?

i think it was the runoff and the runoff was very dirty and contaminated.

On 19/09/2017 at 4:15 AM, Elkski said:

More likely to have absorbed CO2 and be acidic than carry O2