lasik in Chiang Mai?

markcm19

No and no offense to CMU but if I was going to have a procedure done that is this serious, I would head to Bangkok for Rutnin Eye Hospital. This is a procedure you don't want to go bad on you. There is a reason that people come from all over the world to have their eyes looked after at Rutnin.

David

If you have the opportunity, may I recommend not doing LASIK and instead consider SMILE. Much more less invasive and able to to see after 30 seconds or so without eyes being covered up for 24 hours etc. Downside is that it is slightly more cost wise. 

SMILE laser is the latest advancement in laser vision correction.  It stands for SMall Incision Lenticule Extraction, and it safely and accurately treats short-sightedness (myopia) and astigmatism in the range of -1 to -10 dioptres.  Unlike its predecessors, PRK and LASIK, it does not use an excimer laser to vaporise corneal tissue.  Instead, it uses a highly advanced femtosecond laser to define a tiny lens-shaped piece of tissue (a lenticule) within the cornea.  When this lenticule is removed through a small keyhole entry point, the cornea takes on a new shape, which allows it to focus light clearly on the retina – thus eliminating short-sightedness and astigmatism from the eye. 

As an aside, but it may be helpful, I had Lasik in London by one of the top experts in the world. If I could turn back the clock I would. Why?

1. immediately I became short sighted
  2. the effect (after 10 years) was back to the way it was, almost, and I still wear glasses for reading
  3. it was a horrible experience

Try the SMILE technology mentioned by others and go to the BEST. Sounds like LASIK has been overtaken by a better option. Good luck.

8 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

As an aside, but it may be helpful, I had Lasik in London by one of the top experts in the world. If I could turn back the clock I would. Why?

1. immediately I became short sighted
  2. the effect (after 10 years) was back to the way it was, almost, and I still wear glasses for reading
  3. it was a horrible experience

Try the SMILE technology mentioned by others and go to the BEST. Sounds like LASIK has been overtaken by a better option. Good luck.

Strange as i also had mine done in London at Moorfield's by David Gartry but with different result's.

1. After a while i became short sighted but i just took it that that would happen in later life anyway.

2. After 14 years everything is still ok although the vision in the left eye is slightly impaired.

3. The experience was fine and more or less back to normal the next day.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:25 PM, jazcm said:

If you have the opportunity, may I recommend not doing LASIK and instead consider SMILE. Much more less invasive and able to to see after 30 seconds or so without eyes being covered up for 24 hours etc. Downside is that it is slightly more cost wise. 

SMILE laser is the latest advancement in laser vision correction.  It stands for SMall Incision Lenticule Extraction, and it safely and accurately treats short-sightedness (myopia) and astigmatism in the range of -1 to -10 dioptres.  Unlike its predecessors, PRK and LASIK, it does not use an excimer laser to vaporise corneal tissue.  Instead, it uses a highly advanced femtosecond laser to define a tiny lens-shaped piece of tissue (a lenticule) within the cornea.  When this lenticule is removed through a small keyhole entry point, the cornea takes on a new shape, which allows it to focus light clearly on the retina – thus eliminating short-sightedness and astigmatism from the eye. 

Did you have the treatment?

For 12 years I attended and reported on an annual LASIK conference for a large well-known US eye care business; what always struck me was that around half the 200 or so delegates, who were all ophthalmic surgeons, wore spectacles. Perhaps they knew something we didn't about this relatively new procedure, such as no one knows what the long-term outcome might be

1 hour ago, Foxy52 said:

For 12 years I attended and reported on an annual LASIK conference for a large well-known US eye care business; what always struck me was that around half the 200 or so delegates, who were all ophthalmic surgeons, wore spectacles. Perhaps they knew something we didn't about this relatively new procedure, such as no one knows what the long-term outcome might be

You've contradicted yourself in one sentence there !

if anyone has had LASIK  (or smile) done within the last 2 years here in CHIANGMAI........could you share

your experience with me  ( where, dr. name, cost)   and of course how it all worked out.

Thanks !

Archived