Video: Pensioner pole-axed by PVC pipe in Pathum Thani

webfact

Yesterday i drove motobike when i wanted to take-over an overloaded truck...it had loads of mattresses stacked up very high and drove on the frontroad here in BKK.

But the truck suddenly braked hard because there was a huge roadsign above the road, the driver didn't know if his load would touch it (it fit under by centimeters)....i almost drove into the truck because i was looking in my mirror to change lanes.

Such idiots should get fined harsh but of course the RTP has better things to do.

I was lucky again and will never drive the most left lanes again....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing unbelievable about it, more's the pity. It only serves to reinforce the wisdom of never underestimating the capacity of some Thais to demonstrate ever greater levels of ineptness and stupidity: ineptness on the part of the staff if they were indeed responsible for securing the pipe; stupidity on the part of the driver, both for not checking it was secured and for not keeping an eye on it - never mind the question of her too-sharp cornering.

So much wrong with this video. Hardware store staff are incompetent morons. Driver is a clueless idiot. Motorcycle rider unaware of surroundings. No motorcycle helmet. 

If just one of these things was different, the poor old bugger would be alive. :sad:

1 minute ago, smew said:

So typical but what to expect from Driving culture that is world number 2 in road kill fatalities

And forever will be.. when I drive my staff from work I also ask them to put on a seatbelt and they say but I trust your driving.. enough said. 

There are generations of incomepetant drivers and rules that are not enforced after seeing so much crazy Sh!t on the roads here I think they are doing good not to be number 1.

Shit happens !, it's obvious that the lady driver does not use her mirrors,

then not to realize that the pipe nearly took the head off the motorbike rider !,

unbelievable,but i suppose the blame will be put on the guy at the hardware shop.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Shit happens !, it's obvious that the lady driver does not use her mirrors,

then not to realize that the pipe nearly took the head off the motorbike rider !,

unbelievable,but i suppose the blame will be put on the guy at the hardware shop.

regards worgeordie

Depends how much money the guy at the hardware shop has.. the blame will be put on the person with the least amount of money.. as is usually the case with the legal system here. 

Whenever I carry pipes or lengths of metal I have them cut down and secured but even then I keep checking to avoid a fatality like this .

To be fair the old guy probably wasn't expecting to have a pipe coming straight at him and only had seen it in the last few seconds .

2 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Depends how much money the guy at the hardware shop has.. the blame will be put on the person with the least amount of money.. as is usually the case with the legal system here. 

If he's Burmese, he is F%cked.

regards Worgeordie

I've read of accidents involving foreigners that were just that,...accidents. But the foreigners were arrested and charged with reckless driving causing death.

Begs to wonder... will she be charged? 

In my book, throw the book at her. If this ain't reckless driving then I don't know what is.

10 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I've read of accidents involving foreigners that were just that,...accidents. But the foreigners were arrested and charged with reckless driving causing death.

Begs to wonder... will she be charged? 

In my book, throw the book at her. If this ain't reckless driving then I don't know what is.

100% correct if this driver was a foreigner oh how the story would be different and he would be in jail now. 

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

Poor guy. I'd be thoroughly checking & testing this driver

- how on earth could she not notice the pipe in in the wing mirror (can probably guess)

- in fact it produtes almost level with the door frame/driver seat

- driving on the wrong side of the road prior to the crash, moves back across to central/left side just before incident

- note minimal, if any, reaction or breaking to what must have been a reasonable impact. 

Oh, there was a heap of breaking ?

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

wow.  But the biker didn't see or consider stopping or veering off sooner?

ok, so now it is the bikers fault...??...

A horizontal pipe partly ponting on you  during speed is not easy to see at all.

Maybe the driver should consider from time to time to take a look in the back and side mirror especially when you are carrying something that extends beyond the truckload - basic sense ignored by stupidness...

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

careless hardware staff, careless pickup driver; thailand is a careless, and thus dangerous, place

it's not careless it's moronic.

How much common sense does it take to see the potential danger to other road users?

3 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Message to self:

Always triple check what the idiots at the hardware shops have done before leaving.

I have a similar utility, pick up, call it what you like, and am always carting something home from the hardware, be it 4 metre pipes, etc, etc, so far the hardware staff have been really good securing whatever it is that I have, also putting a red flag if there some overhang, and my eyes are constantly on the mirrors, road, and speedometer, but then again, we westerners were taught to take care, that or face a hefty fine, loss of points or licence, either she didn't get noticed by the cops, or they failed to pull her over, of course this depends where she was driving, I don't want to blame the cops, but I never see them on the road, compared to back in the old country, they were everywhere.

Feel sorry for the deceased, his mate and the woman driver, a helmet might have saved his life, and the woman being more observant to her load would have surely saved his life.

She should be charged with negligent driving, and his mate fined for not wearing a helmet, regardless.

Unbelievable video if filmed in a developed country.  But TIT.  It's a very believable video.  

By the way, I haven't even watched it.  I mean, a little respect?  Is it graphic?  What is this a snuff film site?  As usual, no class by TV. 

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

careless hardware staff, careless pickup driver; thailand is a careless, and thus dangerous, place

Looks to be tied pretty darn tightly, otherwise it would not have broken in two.  Just tied on by an idiot, truck driven by an idiot and decapitated some poor innocent chap minding his own.