If threatened, U.S. will 'totally destroy' North Korea, Trump vows

webfact

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

And? US still imports petroleum products and will continue to do so in a very complex domestic price stabilisation process i.e. global supply chain. Don't believe USA, for which the global supply chain is essential, can move to an isolation platform without huge damage to the economy / society.

I agree. The USA has always imported some products that it really doesn't need. But it is good for the world economy. Why does the U.S. need German or Japanese cars? It doesn't in reality, but some people want them and it is good for the world economy. Just like no one in Europe needs a Cadillac. Basically, you buy from us and we'll buy from you.  That's the way the world economy works. It's also good for America. If everyone stuck to just their own products then the economy would go stagnant and workers would be out of work. Just look a country like Cuba or Venezuela.  Vast amounts of oil in Venezuela, but no one is willing to do business with them. They are basically going broke. They are not exporting and they have no money to import. the country is on the verge of collapse.  Who is running the country is another matter. North Korea is an isolationist country and its people are starving. Yet, South Korea trades on the world market and their standard of living is beyond reproach.  No, the U.S. will never be an isolationist country. Nothing to gain by it.....

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

War between the US and NK will involve China. Again. 

Truman stopped MacArthur from finishing the job before. Trump won't. 

That you unequivocally declare it to be so, doesn't make it a fact. There were quite a few links provided, on this topic and others, relating the PRC shifting its stance with regard to NK. It does not imply that the PRC have no issues with US foreign policy, or that it fully complies with international decisions on sanctions. But nothing in the accompanying PRC rhetoric indicates assured direct military support.

MacArthur is long gone, and Trump is no Truman.

I find it baffling, how easy this idiot and his supporters talk about "destroying North Korea", as if it would be just an empty strip of land with "Rocket Man" and a few generals in it!

He is and you are aware, that there are a few million people living there, aren't you?

People who have done absolutely NOTHING to deserve to die in some sunlight bright fireballs!

And here is another thought: North Korea is not situated under a glass dome!

Ever heard of nuclear fallout?

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

I find it baffling, how easy this idiot and his supporters talk about "destroying North Korea", as if it would be just an empty strip of land with "Rocket Man" and a few generals in it!

He is and you are aware, that there are a few million people living there, aren't you?

People who have done absolutely NOTHING to deserve to die in some sunlight bright fireballs!

I'm not trying to defend Trump, but perhaps this is his negotiating style.  Something we've never seen before!  I put very little credibility in anything Trump says.

11 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Speaking of "Rocket Man," this is pretty funny....

[In what some security experts fear could be a high-stakes war of Elton John lyrics, minutes after Donald Trump called Kim Jong Un “Rocket Man,” the North Korean dictator responded by calling Trump “Honky Cat.”]

[The White House immediately struck back, warning Kim that “any further provocation involving an Elton John lyric, especially ‘Tiny Dancer,’ will be seen as an act of war.”

But any hope that Kim would be silenced was short-lived.

Responding to the White House, Kim stated, “I see the bitch is back,” before signing off, “Goodbye, Yellow-Wigged Toad.”]

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/in-war-of-elton-john-lyrics-kim-jong-un-calls-trump-honky-cat

6 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Speaking of "Rocket Man," this is pretty funny....

[In what some security experts fear could be a high-stakes war of Elton John lyrics, minutes after Donald Trump called Kim Jong Un “Rocket Man,” the North Korean dictator responded by calling Trump “Honky Cat.”]

[The White House immediately struck back, warning Kim that “any further provocation involving an Elton John lyric, especially ‘Tiny Dancer,’ will be seen as an act of war.”

But any hope that Kim would be silenced was short-lived.

Responding to the White House, Kim stated, “I see the bitch is back,” before signing off, “Goodbye, Yellow-Wigged Toad.”]

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/in-war-of-elton-john-lyrics-kim-jong-un-calls-trump-honky-cat

Sticks and Stones

9 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Big mouthed oafs are your heroes ?

Well mine are not big mouthed oafs that execute their citizens for nothing and want nukes to destroy others that are no threat....Guam, Japan....

Are you sitting in a safe place?....Where is that...?

20 hours ago, Morch said:

That's your interpretation, and it's painted by your standing stance vs. the US. Guess if someone was to say Trump's rhetoric is just that it wouldn't be accepted, though. And further, this is about Kim, not North Korea. Unless talking inner circle, maybe, North Koreans do not get the luxury of expressing their views freely. Whether or not Kim actually believes this, and whether he will limit the leverage nuclear capability represents is anyone's guess.

I would have had less issues with this if it was a national "thing', rather than revolving around the survival of a third generation despot. It is not about freedom, other than the Kim's freedom to keep his people under control.

Why is it that Kim's rhetoric is just rhetoric, his nuclear and ballistic test are nonsense to be disregarded? A country carrying out nuclear testing is something to be worried about, effects may easily cross borders. Ballistic testing over other countries airspace is not the norm.

Unless some missed it, the sanctions in place are internationally supported, including by Russia and the PRC.

It's just rhetoric because he is NOT going to attack anyone if left alone. There are a couple issues here and I'm speaking of his intention to build up his defensive capabilities. His crazy missile test flight paths are a different topic. The US is pushing sanctions because North Korea is going nuts with their testing and the US has to save face like all bullies do.

North Korea has attacked how many countries in the last 10 years? None. Zero. They've been threatening for decades.

They've had all kinds of weapons and easily could have attacked South Korea or who knows who else if they were hell bent on attacking other countries. This isn't a new issue. I heard about it all the time when I lived in Seoul in the early 2000s. One has to think like the North Koreans do. Examine their propaganda they feed their citizens, for starters. They truly believe the US wants to invade them. And with the US track record of, well, invading anyone they want who doesn't pose a risk to them, they have some valid justification for their paranoia. Some might just call it reality. The US is escalating this. Why can only the US build up defensive capabilities? 

Again, this is old news from the North Korea . But what is new, is the US increased obsession with global domination under Trump (yes, the neocons ran things before Trump too). The powers that be (neocon war mongers) who really run the US have Trump over a barrel. They told him, you play by our rules, let us make our billions off military contracts, and we'll let you stay in office. You don't, well, then we have a Zapruder film to show you.

And....what just got passed? A $700 BILLION dollar defense budget. The war mongers are war mongers for the profit AND they want to dominate and control any country that they can exploit for anything...oil, gas, other natural resources, and....advantageous geopolitical geography. Countries that military bases can be put in that provide a military benefit because of their location proximity to Iran, China, and Russia, for starters. 

Everything Trump complained about in his UN speech are things the US is doing openly but blaming other countries for. The biggest hypocrisy was how he talked about how other countries should respect countries sovereignty! What a joke. The US violates other countries sovereignty (either invasions or incursions) all the time. Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, India, Somalia, Iran, Libya, Syria, and the list goes on. Search YT for "countries the US has invaded" for a huge list of illegal invasions.

Anyway....the US Empire cannot go on like this forever. They will run out of money (cannot print worthless fiat money forever), out of countries to invade, and then Russia and China will be left. 

And it is because of this....and what I witnessed for many years working for, training by, and hanging out behind this govt curtain that I learned I could not make a difference and I left. Now, I invest in defense contractor companies because if Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, and then rest of the war hawks can get rich (richer), I want to get in on that action! 

So, now I say...Trump keep on bombing, invading, and pillaging the rest of the world! After each invasion, my portfolio goes up! Screw peace, there's no profit for the US in saving lives (ask the big pharma companies), the money is in murdering innocent civilians around the world baby!

4 hours ago, transam said:

Well mine are not big mouthed oafs that execute their citizens for nothing and want nukes to destroy others that are no threat....Guam, Japan....

Are you sitting in a safe place?....Where is that...?

All you have to do is count how many countries has North Korea attacked in the last 25 years? Ummm, ZERO.

How many counties has the US attacked in the last 25 years? There is a list of them.

North Korea will not attack anyone. This is old, old news. Decades old. Mainstream media has done a wonderful job crafting the minds of its followers. Now mere words will get the US to invade a country? Talk about poor impulse control!

52 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

It's just rhetoric because he is NOT going to attack anyone if left alone. There are a couple issues here and I'm speaking of his intention to build up his defensive capabilities. His crazy missile test flight paths are a different topic. The US is pushing sanctions because North Korea is going nuts with their testing and the US has to save face like all bullies do.

North Korea has attacked how many countries in the last 10 years? None. Zero. They've been threatening for decades.

They've had all kinds of weapons and easily could have attacked South Korea or who knows who else if they were hell bent on attacking other countries. This isn't a new issue. I heard about it all the time when I lived in Seoul in the early 2000s. One has to think like the North Koreans do. Examine their propaganda they feed their citizens, for starters. They truly believe the US wants to invade them. And with the US track record of, well, invading anyone they want who doesn't pose a risk to them, they have some valid justification for their paranoia. Some might just call it reality. The US is escalating this. Why can only the US build up defensive capabilities? 

Again, this is old news from the North Korea . But what is new, is the US increased obsession with global domination under Trump (yes, the neocons ran things before Trump too). The powers that be (neocon war mongers) who really run the US have Trump over a barrel. They told him, you play by our rules, let us make our billions off military contracts, and we'll let you stay in office. You don't, well, then we have a Zapruder film to show you.

And....what just got passed? A $700 BILLION dollar defense budget. The war mongers are war mongers for the profit AND they want to dominate and control any country that they can exploit for anything...oil, gas, other natural resources, and....advantageous geopolitical geography. Countries that military bases can be put in that provide a military benefit because of their location proximity to Iran, China, and Russia, for starters. 

Everything Trump complained about in his UN speech are things the US is doing openly but blaming other countries for. The biggest hypocrisy was how he talked about how other countries should respect countries sovereignty! What a joke. The US violates other countries sovereignty (either invasions or incursions) all the time. Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, India, Somalia, Iran, Libya, Syria, and the list goes on. Search YT for "countries the US has invaded" for a huge list of illegal invasions.

Anyway....the US Empire cannot go on like this forever. They will run out of money (cannot print worthless fiat money forever), out of countries to invade, and then Russia and China will be left. 

And it is because of this....and what I witnessed for many years working for, training by, and hanging out behind this govt curtain that I learned I could not make a difference and I left. Now, I invest in defense contractor companies because if Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush, and then rest of the war hawks can get rich (richer), I want to get in on that action! 

So, now I say...Trump keep on bombing, invading, and pillaging the rest of the world! After each invasion, my portfolio goes up! Screw peace, there's no profit for the US in saving lives (ask the big pharma companies), the money is in murdering innocent civilians around the world baby!

Your posts are very repetitive.  The U.S. is run by war criminals.  Their enemies are harmless victims.  You were terrible at your job.  You can't wait for the demise of the U.S.  Your portfolio will increase proportionately to the rise of death and suffering in the world.

I have a few questions: 

1. Are you bragging, complaining, or have you gone off the deep end?

2. Do you really believe your silly sarcasm will make your point?

3.  Do you have a point?

4. What will happen to your portfolio when the U.S. "cannot go on"?  

5.  Do you have any stock tips?

Edited by rijb

10 hours ago, Morch said:

That you unequivocally declare it to be so, doesn't make it a fact. There were quite a few links provided, on this topic and others, relating the PRC shifting its stance with regard to NK. It does not imply that the PRC have no issues with US foreign policy, or that it fully complies with international decisions on sanctions. But nothing in the accompanying PRC rhetoric indicates assured direct military support.

MacArthur is long gone, and Trump is no Truman.

China and NK have a mutual defense treaty. ( China's only one I believe ). Unless they renounce it before the war, there is no reason the US would not consider China a hostile. 

They still have time but better move soon or Peking may end up worse the Pyongyang

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

China and NK have a mutual defense treaty. ( China's only one I believe ). Unless they renounce it before the war, there is no reason the US would not consider China a hostile. 

They still have time but better move soon or Peking may end up worse the Pyongyang

"The War."  What war? As Trump and his supporters froth at the mouth for hostilities hopefully saner heads will prevail.  

Most of the world (NK included) has no interest in war or your ongoing US hegemony.

53 minutes ago, Slip said:

"The War."  What war? As Trump and his supporters froth at the mouth for hostilities hopefully saner heads will prevail.  

Most of the world (NK included) has no interest in war or your ongoing US hegemony.

The war in the near future with NK.

you may have no interest in war but it has an interest in you

59 minutes ago, Slip said:

Once Trump is in jail there will be no war.

I have a feeling that the situation has escalated beyond Donald Trump.   It would be hard for anybody to avoid a confrontation with Kim.   The missiles are being launched by Kim and the bombs are being tested by Kim.   To date, the only fault on DT's part is his use of rhetoric -- and even that is questionable.   If he said more or nothing at all, we have no idea what Kim would do.   

12 hours ago, Global Guy said:

All you have to do is count how many countries has North Korea attacked in the last 25 years? Ummm, ZERO.

How many counties has the US attacked in the last 25 years? There is a list of them.

North Korea will not attack anyone. This is old, old news. Decades old. Mainstream media has done a wonderful job crafting the minds of its followers. Now mere words will get the US to invade a country? Talk about poor impulse control!

North Korea has attacked the south many times.  Killing innocent civilians very recently.  Perhaps do some research before posting incorrect information.

Perhaps non-Mainstream media has done a wonderful job crafting the minds of some with incorrect information? LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea

http://www.bbc.com/news/10130248

March 2010

A 1,200-tonne Corvette, the Cheonan, goes down near the disputed maritime border with North Korea - the Northern Limit Line. Many of the crew members escape but 46 are killed. After an extensive investigation, Seoul rules that a torpedo explosion directly beneath the vessel sank it and that the only "plausible explanation" is that North Korea was to blame.

10 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

For your education:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2087320/china-not-obliged-defend-n-korea-if-its-attacked-say

China’s nuclear get-out clause over defence of North Korea

Beijing not obliged to defend Pyongyang as its development of nuclear weapons breaches mutual defence pact, experts say as US warns it may launch strike against North

12 hours ago, Global Guy said:

Last 25 years...There is nothing for NK to attack by conventional means is there.....?

Commy NK invaded SK to impose their Commy stuff with stuff supplied by the late CCCP. Countries came to the aid of SK and that is how it still remains..

The issue is a nut job having "real" weapons of MASS destruction, nothing else...

1 minute ago, transam said:

Last 25 years...There is nothing for NK to attack by conventional means is there.....?

Commy NK invaded SK to impose their Commy stuff with stuff supplied by the late CCCP. Countries came to the aid of SK and that is how it still remains..

The issue is a nut job having "real" weapons of MASS destruction, nothing else...

So, the answer is North Korea attacked ZERO countries in the last 25 years, which is my point. The US? I've lost count. Or how many 100s of thousands of civilians the US has killed? North Korea has every reason to believe the US wants to attack them, now more than ever. It's a legitimate concern given the US recent behavior of attacking countries that pose no threat to it.

So, North Korea wants to defend itself. It has be making these ridiculous statements for decades and they haven't attacked anyone. People don't get it. The best way to not get beat up by a bully is to make the bully think you can defend yourself. Bullies only attack those they think they can easily beat. Bullies prey on the weak, not the strong. The US is the biggest bully in the world. That's not debatable.

So, if North Korea has a formidable defensive capability, it feels the US won't attack them. If NK really wanted to attack anyone, they would have bombed the hell out of South Korea decades ago. Look at how the US made Libya and then Syria give up their weapons? After that happened, it was THEN that the US invaded them. Had Libya kept its nuclear weapons program, the US wouldn't have gone in. The same with Iran. 

https://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2011/0830/A-troubling-lesson-from-Libya-Don-t-give-up-nukes

BTW, there already are nut jobs who have nukes. So, nut jobs telling other nut jobs how they can defend themselves is the height of hypocrisy. But hypocrisy is the M.O. for the US govt.

50 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

North Korea has attacked the south many times.  Killing innocent civilians very recently.  Perhaps do some research before posting incorrect information.

Perhaps non-Mainstream media has done a wonderful job crafting the minds of some with incorrect information? LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_border_incidents_involving_North_Korea

http://www.bbc.com/news/10130248

1) North Korea has not MILITARILY INVADED anyone in the last 25 years. What you quoted were not invasions. How you confuse the two is beyond me. Feel free to PM me if you are confused again and I'll explain it better.

2) Plausible explanation? Explanation by who?

I'll include directions in my post next time so you can understand the context of what we are talking about.  

I accidentally bumped into someone when walking on a crowded sidewalk in Seoul, does that mean I attacked South Korea?  

1 minute ago, Global Guy said:

So, the answer is North Korea attacked ZERO countries in the last 25 years, which is my point. The US? I've lost count. Or how many 100s of thousands of civilians the US has killed? North Korea has every reason to believe the US wants to attack them, now more than ever. It's a legitimate concern given the US recent behavior of attacking countries that pose no threat to it.

So, North Korea wants to defend itself. It has be making these ridiculous statements for decades and they haven't attacked anyone. People don't get it. The best way to not get beat up by a bully is to make the bully think you can defend yourself. Bullies only attack those they think they can easily beat. Bullies prey on the weak, not the strong. The US is the biggest bully in the world. That's not debatable.

So, if North Korea has a formidable defensive capability, it feels the US won't attack them. If NK really wanted to attack anyone, they would have bombed the hell out of South Korea decades ago. Look at how the US made Libya and then Syria give up their weapons? After that happened, it was THEN that the US invaded them. Had Libya kept its nuclear weapons program, the US wouldn't have gone in. The same with Iran. 

https://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2011/0830/A-troubling-lesson-from-Libya-Don-t-give-up-nukes

BTW, there already are nut jobs who have nukes. So, nut jobs telling other nut jobs how they can defend themselves is the height of hypocrisy. But hypocrisy is the M.O. for the US govt.

I don't recall the USA starting any wars, l thought they went to the aid of allies. We all know the last "Bush" thing was questionable..

Many first world countries have had nukes for decades and never used them in a conflict, are you calling all these countries "nut jobs"....?