Marrying a "rich" westerner may not be a "dream come true" - says BBC

webfact

2 minutes ago, moondoggie said:

He lives full time in Mae Sai. Its been a year now. But they still act like a honeymoon couple! He is legally married, So no problem back in the uk.

So she is 16 now not 15 as you stated. 15 would be jail time in the UK as not legally married under UK law as you need to be 16 in the UK and he is a brit so UK law applies in the UK not some stupid local law of the 3rd world. Answer just don't go home as many perbs don't.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, catman20 said:

no, just some of them :smile:

In the post to which I responded, you said, " . . . all TV member's puffing their chest out with all the BS about my ones different she never worked in a bar . . . "  That sounds like you meant "all" to me.  However, I will accept "some," maybe even "many," but that is far from all.

Yes this article talks about the Thai womans family, who face jeaous neighbours, which

shows the Thai attitude toward Farangs, and those who marry them. Childish, but that is the

simple truth. The other side is the Farang who marries a Thai woman, fixes up or builds a nice

house for her parents, then she leaves the Farang and moves home to the nice house, leaving her

now broke and retired Farang to live back in Thailand because she was tired of her foreign husband

and his country.

I have seen more than a few of those marriages.

Geezer

Chris who said quote... 'Not too many rich foreigners come to live in Thailand.....the south of France, Caribbean etc, offer lifestyle.....' obviously hasn't been here for very long.   I personally know many multi millionaire farangs who live here... and i mean many!!  

1 minute ago, pattayadgw said:

Chris who said quote... 'Not too many rich foreigners come to live in Thailand.....the south of France, Caribbean etc, offer lifestyle.....' obviously hasn't been here for very long.   I personally know many multi millionaire farangs who live here... and i mean many!!  

Yes that's most TV posters with their hi so PhD wives. 

On 9/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I simply cannot understand any cultural differences in any country, as it doesn't affect my marriage.

The simple fact of the matter is how you want your marriage to be, having first hand experience from a previous marriage to a Greek wanna be Princes who's parents were still changing her nappies for her and the mother still breast feeding her and being involved in every decision she made, suffice to say the marriage ended for the better.

Marriage number 2 to a Thai and going 10 years strong with no involvement from the inlaw/outlaws, depending on your definition, i.e. I spelt it out to the girls before we wed, i.e. when we marry, I will be marrying you, not your family, our circle of "love" will be exclusive to us, and us alone, until we have children, when they will join our circle, no one from the outside will have any say or influence on us or our decisions, if you agree with that, then we move forward, nothing has changed in 10 years, she keeps the blood hounds at bay, they have tied and tired and tried to blow the house down several times, to no avail, they learnt to keep at bay, we see each other at birthdays etc etc, or if the mother in law has a gripe with the father in law and needs to release some stress to the daughter, which is seldom and suits me fine, the other sister had a farang who was throwing the money around like he had it, bit I saw through him, and they lapped it up, the sister had him build a 3 million baht house, 1 million was the overpricing which she got back from the hardware, and the family pissed it up the wall showing off to everyone, even wanted to borrow 500,000 baht from us to show off as the sin sot, but I wasn't having a bar of it, and my wife was fine with that.

Sure is a farang marries a Thai girl who has been supporting her family and he takes her with him overseas, sure send the family 10,000 baht a month, more if he wants, but should be based on what her earning were before she went overseas, personally I can't stand soft C..k farangs who want to spend it up big to show their new inlaws how stupid they are, the marriage is between the Thai girl and the farang guy, and inlaws/outlaws want to show off, then they should do it out of their pocket.

I am known as the rich farang who built the daughter a big house and bought her a new car, but gave nothing to the parents, except for a 200,000 sin sot 10 years ago, she looks after me, and I look after her, she has 4 land parcels in the village that she never had before, a big new house, a 2 year old car, money in the bank which they have tried to get their hands on several times, but the same amount of 300,000 baht remains untouched from 10 years ago, that was the deal, 200,000 sin sot for mum and dad, 300,000 in your account not to be touched unless its an emergency for you.

There are good ones around and there are rotten ones around, suffice to say, no point in spoiling them, by all means be fair, not a cheap Charlie, but not a sucker either, when I am good and buried, she has her lottery and hasn't had to work in the 10 years she has been with me, works for us, as for the culture, I couldn't give a rats a..   

You post seems good in theory, but there is one small part that shows you have sacrificed some of your standards:

"...no one from the outside will have any say or influence on us or our decisions..."

So why did you give the in laws 200 000 Baht? :cheesy: I have many Thai friends, not a single one has ever actually GIVEN sinsod to  parents (it's shown at the wedding and then the couple takes it back)

On 20/09/2017 at 3:47 PM, The Deerhunter said:

Well said Ratcatcher.  Yes many or most of these would have been n

met in a bar in P P or CM.  Most of these "used" wives would have little luck finding a decent Thai husband to help with stepkids. Surprising so many turn out well.  The hooker who can reform and be a good wife is obviously not a cliche.  They obviously do not all turn out bad as much as many correspondents would like us to think.  I know a number like me very happy.  Yes there are family and cultural. problems.  Everywhere. Remind me some time to tell you about my other marriage which was in my original culture back home.  My Thai wife here shares all responsibilities including financial.

On re reading my post it could be construed that my wife is an. ex hooked.   She is not.  But I know several who are.  Sorry if  I misled.

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

In the post to which I responded, you said, " . . . all TV member's puffing their chest out with all the BS about my ones different she never worked in a bar . . . "  That sounds like you meant "all" to me.  However, I will accept "some," maybe even "many," but that is far from all.

OK well done grammar teacher you got too much time on your hands.

Just now, catman20 said:

it dose not bother me and why should it? im just throwing the bait out there and you cant get enough of it.:cheesy::cheesy:

Of course it bothers you.... you must be red in the face:smile: Why would you keep repeating my wife is different because she has money and a good job?

I mean..... what kind of person would say something like this?

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

On re reading my post it could be construed that my wife is an. ex hooked.   She is not.  But I know several who are.  Sorry if  I misled.

You dont know what she did before she met you. Ask her if she ever has been to pattaya. LOL. "You cant turn a HO! INTO A HOUSEWIFE"!

9 minutes ago, moondoggie said:

You dont know what she did before she met you. Ask her if she ever has been to pattaya. LOL. "You cant turn a HO! INTO A HOUSEWIFE"!

So what do you think becomes of bar girls when they quit being bar girls? Some of them end up in the gutter. Others successfully transition to respectability. Of course some of them become housewives. Then they no longer regard themselves as hos.

12 minutes ago, moondoggie said:

Your post is redolent of bovine excrement. I personally know the person in question and yes, she has been to Pattaya, as a visitor, and most certainly is NOT , nor ever was a BG.

However, you display your ignorance by stating that you cannot turn a BG into a housewife.Thousands have indeed managed that transition and lived comfortable lives to tell the tale.

31 minutes ago, moondoggie said:

You dont know what she did before she met you. Ask her if she ever ha been to pattaya. LOL

Well I think so but much more often to Bang Saen beach as she boarded with family in a house at the Police barracks in Chonbururl while attending university.  Does that count? 555

Archived