Marrying a "rich" westerner may not be a "dream come true" - says BBC

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

My wife gets free health insurance from my employer. In the private sector, people in the higher level positions such as management often get coverage for their spouses and children.     

Don't be surprised that some appear ignorant of this fact. Many here have been menial workers or spend their lives loafing around the lower levels of society.

8 minutes ago, GarryP said:

My wife gets free health insurance from my employer. In the private sector, people in the higher level positions such as management often get coverage for their spouses and children.     

Thanks for educating that poor fella.

Now, the insurance I get is only 50% of what my wife gets, but every year the coverage gets better.

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:
I like your post because you have been perfectly upfront about everything in it and you seem to have gone into your relationship with eyes wide open, which is great.

You decided to give your wife and her family some financial support and it's not as if you were "held to ransom" to do it, you decided to do so of your own bat.

It matters not what other people think about sin sot or the like or that you may have been too generous, because you have decided to do what you have done with some thought and by the looks of things you have reaped the benefits – good on you.

I notice many posts about guys "marrying hookers or ex-bar girls".........so what? The majority of these girls do what they do because of necessity and once you realise that they are sacrificing themselves for the good of their children and relatives, then perhaps it doesn't seem so bad.

I had the good fortune to be able to help out a very good mate of mine here who had a great bar which was always full of attractive girls, some who had been with him for a while, and others fairly new and I got to know them, and believe it or not there were some lovely girls in amongst them, great personalities and most could speak some English and they were not the "gold digging" type as so often portrayed here. Sure there are some out there, and you will find the same sort of women just about every country – – witness the posts by some farangs who have been taken to the cleaners by their non-Thai wives overseas.

Although we mostly always hear the horror stories here, there have been some great posts about the relationships with Thai girls, whether or not they were bar girls or whatever and sure, as the heading says, "marrying a rich Western may not be a dream come true" means that the Thai folk find difficulty in these relationships as well.

If you go into a relationship with your eyes wide open and understand that there will have to be compromise, and also very importantly, understand that if you are substantially older than the girl/woman then it's unlikely that she has fallen, truly, madly, deeply in love with you, but could like and respect you for the security and future that you offer her and her family, then once you know that, the rest should be plain sailing.

Its very seldom that you find someone on TVF who has something nice to say as you Sir, thank you for your kind words.

Always been an upfront kind of guy, suffice to say, when I met my Mrs, she had worked in a bar for 7 months, didn't bother me one bit, because I saw who she was. I have been with a lot of women in my time over the years, suffice to say, none of them cut the mustard, especially the x, but that was a kind of forced marriage, doomed from day one.

Because a woman works to survive having sex out of necessity (last straw), call it what you like, doesn't make her an evil person. In my wife's case, she ended her relationship with her partner when the twins were a year old, she had left him twice before, she lived in Bangkok with him, he was very abusive with her, and then started on the kids, her story, and I am a pretty good judge when it comes to liars, suffice to say, the last time she left him, a customer insisted that he drive her from the noodle bar shop that they had, to the bus station, i.e. he saw her hitting her in the shop, one kid under each arm on the bus all the way from Bangkok to Issan, a place most of these arm chair critics haven't been too and only know of the places they frequent, either Phuket, Pattaya, or Bangkok, each to their own. Fortunately for her, her parents this time didn't send her back when he showed up with his mother, sister, and bother-inlaw, the opposite occurred, leave before we call the police, although the parents had concerns as to how they would feed her and the twins, suffice to say a cousin had worked in Phuket and told her to bus it down, this happens everywhere in Thailand.

I have found a truly beautiful creature who is madly in love with me, she liked me a lot in the beginning, not really knowing about foreigners, and how she would cope with her kids back in Issan, and her parents, but fell in love with me as time together progressed, it was all new to her, foreign country, no family, relatives, kids, all back in Thailand, and she is being 21 years my junior.

She saw how I treat her, i.e. not spoilt her, treated her with respect her, and don't posses her as her previous partner did, and vice-a-versa, we have the same values in life, and she has given me 110% of herself in improving my life and supporting me in the things I want to do, regardless, if its with her or with another woman occasionally, and I can appreciate the arm chair critics out their, not understanding a thing I am talking about, because they are hurt from previous relationships, are insecure, etc etc, i.e. not been able to move forward, bitter, jealous, etc etc, one can only hope they find a fraction of the love I have found in their lifetime, and yes I will throw it in their faces, because what you dish out, you have to take back, and personally I'm not interested in what their criticism is about, "what" I married a bar girl, a whore, who farked guys for 7 months to send money home so her parents could eat, and to feed her twins, give me a break you morons, get a grip of the real world and see how others survive before you have a go, oh that's right, sit back, sip on your Chang's and screw them hard while you boast to your mates how and what you did to them, whatever tickles your fancy, your real men, who are miserable and not found the meaning of life yet, the love that you so crave.

Fact on the matter is, I am content with my life and my wife, it couldn't get any better for me, Sin Sot, Smin Sot, whatever, I got ripped, I got fleeced, whatever tickles your fancy, at then of the day, I feel the love, she feels the love, we are one, we are happy and blessed, that's the important part in my life, so do me a favour if you can, see through your negativity and try and find love, because it will be better than you throwing your negative, useless comments at me, and yes I appreciate its a public forum.

End of story, kudos to you xylophone, you are someone who understand the Thai women who they really are, and the necessity that they have to spread their legs for the westerners, excluding the non red light districts of course where the majority of these woman come from.

Time to get a life and go for a pie and a few beers, done with these "MEN"  

No matter how mean, nasty, avaricious and plain bad a hooker may be with 99 out of a 100 guys, there is always one guy who will turn her into the most faithful, loving, loyal pussycat and vice versa. 

Generalisations cannot be made about Thai women, except to say a fool and his money . . . . you know the rest and there is always a line of people waiting to help him

28 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Thanks for educating that poor fella.

Now, the insurance I get is only 50% of what my wife gets, but every year the coverage gets better.

You forgot to mention that, So you get half insurance. whoppee. and you pay the other half. Which they will double because you are a falang. Same as no insurence.

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Your post is redolent of bovine excrement. I personally know the person in question and yes, she has been to Pattaya, as a visitor, and most certainly is NOT , nor ever was a BG.

However, you display your ignorance by stating that you cannot turn a BG into a housewife.Thousands have indeed managed that transition and lived comfortable lives to tell the tale.

Thank you.

There used to be a guy on here who would routinely say: Oh yeah? Well why don't you go back to your Thai wife or girl friend and tell her "Something terrible has happened and I have lost all my money!" and see what she says.

To which I answered: If I did that she would say "You've been reading that silly farang website again, haven't you?"

I have no sympathy for anyone who marries for money and doesn't find what they like.

So you marry someone cos he's rich and he turns out to be an a**hole? Was this rich person you married obliged to be a good person because 'you' married them?

You marry someone who claims to be rich but really isn't. Again, you date properly and take your time to know someone. You were both playing the game. You were getting married for money so you took a gamble. 

It seems most of my expat friends have married, or are in relationships, with younger women who are all seemingly in it for the security of a wealthier husband. I can understand why, but you can't complain when you realise how miserable your relationship is. Most of the wives and gf's meet up for girly evenings together. It's all wine, handbags, and, "look how cultured we are". Talk of things they bought with their partner's money, places they've been, which city their 'hubby' just had a business meeting in, etc.

Last conversation with my mate's wife at his birthday party;

Her: "Did you see Antony earlier today?"

Me: "No. I haven't seen him all day"

Her: 'Yes, he was out shopping for a watch. He bought a very expensive watch"

Me: "Thanks for telling me. I'll be sure to point at it next time he complains he's got no money". 

4 hours ago, moondoggie said:

She has to be a virgin to get sinsot. Was she a virgin?

Absolutely, if you consider someone a virgin after having twins and her 7 month stint of westerners going through her, actually I sometimes refer to her as the village slut, does that count ?

6 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

He takes great pride in being a **** and boasts regularly about it but things change over time and she will wake up one day and think why am I with a **** like this?  no pride, no self-esteem just take

best post of the year, spoken like a real man. thank you.:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Of course it bothers you.... you must be red in the face:smile: Why would you keep repeating my wife is different because she has money and a good job?

I mean..... what kind of person would say something like this?

only a fool :cheesy:

5 hours ago, moondoggie said:

She has to be a virgin to get sinsot. Was she a virgin?

That post certainly says more about you than it does anyone else, because you read the story and know full well what was posted and said, so why did you consider it necessary to post this?

It matters not one iota what the poster decided to give his wife or her family, or what he called it. He decided to do it and it's his call.

Perhaps you are jealous of his happiness and the fact that he is looking at his wife as a person in whom he sees lots of good qualities and someone with whom he is in love, and she likewise with him.

I really cannot believe the mentality of some posters on TV and this post has to be down there with some of the lowest I've seen.

6 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:
6 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Yes, I absolutely do. And it's not a government employer.

Since you seem to have guts to call me a liar, would you like to make a bet?

Crickets....

Could be jealousy driven

Maybe pistols at dawn more appropriate 

On the beach at the island where all the people die

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I really cannot believe the mentality of some posters on TV and this post has to be down there with some of the lowest I've seen.

I have to say how much I agree with this, however we just need to try and ignore the uneducated yobs and stay with the winners

Today I signed over the last of  my not insignificant assets to my wife, no strings attached, just in case I do not survive forthcoming surgery

I go to surgery penniless, and a happy man

20 minutes ago, al007 said:

I have to say how much I agree with this, however we just need to try and ignore the uneducated yobs and stay with the winners

Today I signed over the last of  my not insignificant assets to my wife, no strings attached, just in case I do not survive forthcoming surgery

I go to surgery penniless, and a happy man

Hey Al, we have spoken in the past and I wish you all the very best with your surgery...........stay positive and focussed on recovery and the future.

1 hour ago, al007 said:

Could be jealousy driven

Heck if I know. These are the same guys who keep repeating "don't judge", lolz

Anyhoo.... your surgery got me thinking. Around 2 weeks ago I split my head like a watermelon (which I documented on this forum) and ended up in a hospital. Now, I'm thinking all this cash I have in my Canadian bank account could have ended up in my father's hands who doesn't really deserve it shall I say politely. I need to somehow write up a will and split the 100 bucks that I have there between my mom and my wife.

How would one do this in Thailand?

1 hour ago, xylophone said:
That post certainly says more about you than it does anyone else, because you read the story and know full well what was posted and said, so why did you consider it necessary to post this?

Because I'm afraid like many on these forums he is a troll and gets off on getting a reaction. They will be on here one minute then on another thread the next contradicting themselves. 

I know it's hard to believe for most but for them it's the only entertainment they get in life. Total sad cases. 

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Hey Al, we have spoken in the past and I wish you all the very best with your surgery...........stay positive and focussed on recovery and the future.

Best of luck Al.  My wishes go with you.   The rest of you nice guys posting here with a good attitude to life in Thailand, try to remember the golden rule on this forum.  It is:  DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. They will only bite your hand like has been happening all night here tonight.  Over and out from me on this thead. .

Archived