Is it ok to use Thailand visa in previous passport?

Is there any requirement to transfer a Thailand visa (which expires early next year and shall be renewed with another visa in due course anyway) to a new British passport?  Is it acceptable to present the previous passport containing the current visa, with the new British passport, when travelling to Thailand?  To be clear, I am only asking about the visa, not about extensions.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can use a valid visa for entry that is in a canceled passport by showing both passports. They will then stamp you into the country in the new one.

Thanks very much indeed, this was exactly the clarification I was looking for.  Will they also stamp me out when leaving Thailand, within the pages of old expired British passport, or do they need to stamp the new one?  It's not really that important, but it's just useful to know what the usual procedure is, as Thais often ask for things they aren't entitled to.

11 minutes ago, sicky said:

Thanks very much indeed, this was exactly the clarification I was looking for.  Will they also stamp me out when leaving Thailand, within the pages of old expired British passport, or do they need to stamp the new one?  It's not really that important, but it's just useful to know what the usual procedure is, as Thais often ask for things they aren't entitled to.

Stamp the new one. The old one can't used for travel.

I just obtained a Non-O Multiple Entry Visa in Penang and it's a Visa Sticker. I will pick up my new passport at my Embassy  next week. Does Immigration transfer the Visa to my new passport, e.g.  a stamp instead of a sticker. 

If not, can fly in and out of Thailand showing my Visa in the old passport and getting stamped (90 days) in the new one?

18 minutes ago, dusktilldawnman said:

I just obtained a Non-O Multiple Entry Visa in Penang and it's a Visa Sticker. I will pick up my new passport at my Embassy  next week. Does Immigration transfer the Visa to my new passport, e.g.  a stamp instead of a sticker. 

If not, can fly in and out of Thailand showing my Visa in the old passport and getting stamped (90 days) in the new one?

Immigration cannot transfer visas.

You will have to use both passports on entry to use the visa in your old passport. Immigration will stamp you into the country in the new one.

Edit: The first time you leave the country you will show both passports and immigration will transfer your entry stamp to the new one and stamp you out of the country with it.

Edited by ubonjoe

18 minutes ago, dusktilldawnman said:

No, they don't - and Yes, you can.  You will need to show the Visa in your old passport every time.