Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

Rimmer

Booze sales banned on beach starting in Oct.

image.png

PATTAYA:--Beach vendors starting next month no longer will be permitted to sell alcohol.

Sanitation chief Wasinpat Chimtin on Sept. 15 informed about 50 Jomtien and Pattaya beach chair vendors of the no-alcohol rules during a briefing on the slew of new regulations put in place by the army this summer.

In addition to not being able to sell booze, vendors all must wear aprons, must operate their single plot of chairs themselves, cannot sublease to others and must bid for their plot annually in a drawing.

This is apparently being done to project a favorable image during the International Fleet Show in November.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-09-25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a brilliant idea. First get rid of the Neon signs in Walking Street to make it totally bland and then make sure that people sitting on few deckchairs left on the beach can't easily have a beer. Obviously done to make tourists feel welcome and make Walking Street special at night!

Edited by JusticeGB
added in - on the beach

26 minutes ago, everett kendall said:

so this just cuts any income for the beach vendors to the bone...

Not to smart at all

A quick visit to 7-11 then leave the bottles scattered on the sand and the vendors say “Not mine kha!!”

Edited by wirat69
Spelling

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Will see how favourable when a bunch of thirsty naval types can't get a beer on the beach.

raise your arm and service from across the road will appear.......pragmatic until normal services resume in December

care to elaborate why this is a good decision,   ah ! yes a tongue in cheek  post. i have never seen drunks rolling about the beach in Pattaya, on the streets yes, so i know, let them stop   the sale of alcohol in the bars. that will get the tourists flocking here by the millions, school children making rules for adults ha ha

9 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

seems reasonable to me,  nobody comes to the beach to drink.

I think you should have the option HooHaa... I really like the Asian way of going to the beach, take the family & friends, sit under cover, read the paper, eat some food play some board games, have a beer , while the kids run down to the water etc..in Oz I never stayed more than an hour at the beach.

Such a small cost for a nice day out.......

They cant sell booze but you can take your own, it gets a bit silly.