Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

1 hour ago, JAG said:

hmm - that is rather contingent upon the junta and its backers retaining power indefinitely,  something which may just not be as certain as you obviously hope.

Yes, given Thailands history over the last 80 years or so it's only a matter of time before those lined up for their turn at the trough start to get impatient.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But what does reconciliation mean?

I've asked you and others several times before but never ever one answer.

So please share your version of what reconciliation means; the process and what would the expected tangible result be.

And please don't suggest forgiveness or amnesty, which IMHO would in this country, just encourage more corruption, cronism, violence etc.,

My version of reconciliation is everybody respecting the law and everybody respecting each other regardless of political flavor, etc., etc.  

"My version of reconciliation is everybody respecting the law and everybody respecting each other regardless of political flavor, etc., etc.".....exactly, that's what he said, "it was never on the cards".

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

She wasn't negligent in overseeing a scheme that cost the country $8 billion?

If every politician in the world was jailed for failed expensive policies there wouldn't be too many left. It was a government policy that failed mainly due to the banks refusing to bankroll it on the orders of Prem, the real force for evil in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

That's BS and you know it's BS. 

The only bullS>>> around here comes from the greens and their brainwashed supporters. The 80 years of hell continues with a bunch of tinpots, not fair on the majority of Thais and the brownstuff issued to the world is also an insult. Those who made your bed lie in it with the word lie being what is normal around here. What does it feel like to be considered liars by most of the world i wonder. 5 years is a joke, the sort of thing you see at infants school to stop someone who is popular.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

So why did they accept the request, and act on, the notice for Red Bull boy?

Unlike you, they don't believe all the Shin BS and PR crap!

"Oh, woe is us, all so innocent; it's all political. We're just poor billionaires" 

I'm sad you equate killing a Policeman with a political act. I was hopeful that you might spot the difference and look at the dates?  hint... it preceded the unelected Junta.  Got it now?

what a pathetic embarrassing defeat of Government. Prayut is not able (same as everybody of that junta) to show greatness and reason of state or just the will for reconciliation.

Thailand is now divided by Prayut and his gang, And Yingluck has become a martyr. A push for PTP.

24 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

If every politician in the world was jailed for failed expensive policies there wouldn't be too many left. It was a government policy that failed mainly due to the banks refusing to bankroll it on the orders of Prem, the real force for evil in Thailand.

I'll take that as a yes, that she is guilty.

I have just been on BBC World news and they show Miss Yinluck's assets and combined wealth of 17.36 million U.S. Dollars...........................staggering.

Begs the question, are people with that much wealth still so desperate and willing to scam more from a mad rice scheme - or is that money there because of the scam and how do you really prove that ?

5 minutes ago, TSF said:

Great to see the end of the damn Shinawatras, nothing but trouble, worse thing I've seen happen to Thailand in the nearly 40 years I've been here. 

And that's really saying something. 

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

what a pathetic embarrassing defeat of Government. Prayut is not able (same as everybody of that junta) to show greatness and reason of state or just the will for reconciliation.

Thailand is now divided by Prayut and his gang, And Yingluck has become a martyr. A push for PTP.

And I assume you mean that nobody before the general divided the country?

Perhaps you need to do some research. 

5 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

I have just been on BBC World news and they show Miss Yinluck's assets and combined wealth of 17.36 million U.S. Dollars...........................staggering.

Begs the question, are people with that much wealth still so desperate and willing to scam more from a mad rice scheme - or is that money there because of the scam and how do you really prove that ?

Which brings a question - where did her 30Million Baht bail surety (now forfeited) come from?

Different point, who believes 17.36 Million US is a correct number. I suggest it would be much more.

thaksin, yingluck both sentenced by courts not sentenced by the military.

Maybe you should take the trouble to read the various reports of the charges and the many days of rebuttal she gave in court (in fact she attended court something like 6 times but offered nothing to prove that she was not guilty, plus her cronise also attended court and also gave nothing to prove her innocence). 

Normally a defendant doesn't have to prove innocence... its up to the prosecution to prove guilt.
In the past people accused of being witches where either burned at the stake or drowned...if they died they where innocent....it eventually became clear that they where all innocent ...what we have here is a witch hunt.

1 minute ago, lonewolf99 said:

For all my dislike for the Shins' and what they have done to this country in such a short time, I don't believe that YL scammed any money, although you can bet her brother may not have be so pure and was more than likely up to his ears using the many companies he had a finger in. 

But all past history now and will soon be forgotten. 

1 minute ago, johng said:

Normally a defendant doesn't have to prove innocence... its up to the prosecution to prove guilt.
In the past people accused of being witches where either burned at the stake or drowned...if they died they where innocent....it eventually became clear that they where all innocent ...what we have here is a witch hunt.

I'm well aware of your point, however why then did she attend court 6 times to give evidence that she was innocent, plus several of her scaly cronies also attended to give evidence that she was innocent.

Edited by scorecard