Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

1 minute ago, halloween said:

" Yingluck began her career as a sales and marketing intern in 1993 at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd., a telephone directory business'

In 7 years she accumulated $3 million. How could i consider that 'unreasonable'.

You refuse to admit you have posted lies, and then come up with that BS.

Two points.

1.You appear to regard $3 mill as a fantastical sum.That with no intent to disparage is a reflection on you.I have significantly more than that in investments

2.You don't understand the equity markets.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jayboy said:

Two points.

1.You appear to regard $3 mill as a fantastical sum.That with no intent to disparage is a reflection on you.I have significantly more than that in investments

2.You don't understand the equity markets.

I questioned how an intern earned $3 million in 7 years, and I couldn't give a rat's anus about your wealth, only the lies and diversions you post here.

3 minutes ago, bangrak said:

What a very clever, well balanced, ruling form the Court, IMHO! Leaving the, huge, grey mountain of the rice scam at the side, where a guilty ruling about could have been abused by the red lemmings' leaders of Thaksins militias, ...and the Shins' mega PR and lobbying services, to cry out 'It's politically motivated', to attempt creating violent unrest in the country, and cry all over the international scene about the 'injustice' of it.

Well, no, she got, only, five years, but for facts and evidence already shown and used in the rulings of another Courts, to condemn the criminal(!) acts, in the, scandalous, fake 'G-to-G' rice sales.

Brilliant! Let the tribe of attorneys working for 'the family' find some ground for an appeal on this ruling...

(When Thaksin himself could have remained in power for just a few more years, I think he would have succeeded in getting control over the higher Courts of the country, ...like he did with lower Courts, the criminal ones especially, this explaining IMO why, still today, so, too, many, red terrorists are found not guilty by the stooges he has, then, put in place )    

Yes the courts did a great job of convicting her on a real crime. They left the whole rice scam out of it because like you said that could have been abused by the reds. Now with such a clear verdict you see that even the usual red suspects here have little to attack it. They only deflect and try to move the topic in an other direction. They just can't discredit this evidence.. but wait for a few months when this topic is not so fresh anymore.. then they will be calling this political again and twist the facts. 

Just now, halloween said:

I questioned how an intern earned $3 million in 7 years, and I couldn't give a rat's anus about your wealth, only the lies and diversions you post here.

See my reply to your kindred spirit Gunna who has the same misunderstanding.

If you actually were familiar with how Thai families became wealthy in the last 20 years or so, you wouldn't be asking these foolish questions.

1 minute ago, bangrak said:

What a very clever, well balanced, ruling form the Court, IMHO! Leaving the, huge, grey mountain of the rice scam at the side, where a guilty ruling about could have been abused by the red lemmings' leaders of Thaksins militias, ...and the Shins' mega PR and lobbying services, to cry out 'It's politically motivated', to attempt creating violent unrest in the country, and cry all over the international scene about the 'injustice' of it.

Well, no, she got, only, five years, but for facts and evidence already shown and used in the rulings of another Courts, to condemn the criminal(!) acts, in the, scandalous, fake 'G-to-G' rice sales.

Brilliant! Let the tribe of attorneys working for 'the family' find some ground for an appeal on this ruling...

(When Thaksin himself could have remained in power for just a few more years, I think he would have succeeded in getting control over the higher Courts of the country, ...like he did with lower Courts, the criminal ones especially, this explaining IMO why, still today, so, too, many, red terrorists are found not guilty by the stooges he has, then, put in place )    

Thaksin could have, done it, the junta did, is all that needs to be said here really. 

4 minutes ago, Gunna said:

Many of us know how her wealth was obtained, especially  considering she started at such a low level

" Yingluck began her career as a sales and marketing intern in 1993 at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd., a telephone directory business

She was investigated by Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission regarding possible insider trading after she sold shares of her AIS stock for a profit prior to the sale of the Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. 

This is a fact. Yingluck sold shares in AIS after the Temasek tender offer for its parent company Shin Corp was announced.  At that time the price of AIS was going up because  the market assumed that Temasek would have to make a tender offer for all the subsidiaries under the Chain Rule of the SEC's Takeover Code,  as this was a very clear cut case meeting the criteria for that rule. In the event the SEC made what can only be described as an extremely suspect decision to exempt Temasek from the Chain Rule, giving an explanation that made little sense and was assumed to be a deal negotiated between Thaksin and Temasek (the secretary-general was apparently onside with the Shins at the time because he became the first finance minister in the Yingluck government before dramatically falling out with them and being sacked amidst unsubstantiated slurs  of embezzling funds from the government lottery).

So Yingluck innocently dumped her AIS shares when it was known to a precious few that Temasek would not have to made a tender offer for AIS,  Soon after her sale the SEC's bizarre decision re the Chain Rule was announced and the stock inevitably tanked. Her transaction was also within a few days of a results announcement which in developed markets would also have been deemed insider trading.  The secretary-general of the SEC took an inordinate time investigating Yingluck's rather blatant case of insider trading and finally concluded unsurprisingly that she was innocent, since there was no possible way she have known about the lack of tender offer.  The SEC also commented that it was a relatively small amount, c B5 or 6 million which made it less likely that she would bother to insider trade.  Martha Stewart would have liked someone to listen to this non-materiality defence instead of sending her to jail for a $200k trade.              

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

See my reply to your kindred spirit Gunna who has the same misunderstanding.

If you actually were familiar with how Thai families became wealthy in the last 20 years or so, you wouldn't be asking these foolish questions.

Right, so her family gave her money. Would that include her very rich brother? And while he's giving her money, and she's acting as his puppet while he's heavily involved in corruption, that makes her totally innocent?

@jayboy, 

I know the equity market.. i worked at a stockading firm from 2001-until 2007. I worked there as head of the backoffice (client accounting and financial accounts). I was in constant contact with the traders. I seen 100.000's of trades. Lots of money was lost too it did not all go well. I seen a lot of clients go broke, its easy to make money in a bull market but not so much in a bear market. You are assuming all went well for her and she made the right choices. You can't prove such a thing nor can we disprove it. So there is no way of being sure where her money was made. We do know that Thaksin distributed his money to people even his gardener and driver... not far fetched that she got her cut too. 

But that is not the topic.. you cleverly moved the topic because you can't discredit this ruling. 

Just now, halloween said:

Right, so her family gave her money. Would that include her very rich brother? And while he's giving her money, and she's acting as his puppet while he's heavily involved in corruption, that makes her totally innocent?

You can speculate but that's all it is - your speculation.Yingluck has never been accused of corruptionin the courts, let alone convicted.

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Thaksin could have, done it, the junta did, is all that needs to be said here really. 

So your saying there were no fake G2G deals.. your saying YL did not know about it.. and replaced Boonsong for no reason... hmmm ok. 

This verdict was based on facts.. they did it well this is something that is hard to deny. Hard to turn political this was an actual crime. 

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

You can speculate but that's all it is - your speculation.Yingluck has never been accused of corruptionin the courts, let alone convicted.

But when she is convicted for something you don't accept it.. but when she is not you see it as proof.. jayboy.... seems a bit.. bias....

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

She has been convicted of negligence, and you dispute that. Why shouldI I not speculate a charge not yet brought?

Edited by halloween

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

@jayboy, 

I know the equity market.. i worked at a stockading firm from 2001-until 2007. I worked there as head of the backoffice (client accounting and financial accounts). I was in constant contact with the traders. I seen 100.000's of trades. Lots of money was lost too it did not all go well. I seen a lot of clients go broke, its easy to make money in a bull market but not so much in a bear market. You are assuming all went well for her and she made the right choices. You can't prove such a thing nor can we disprove it. So there is no way of being sure where her money was made. We do know that Thaksin distributed his money to people even his gardener and driver... not far fetched that she got her cut too. 

But that is not the topic.. you cleverly moved the topic because you can't discredit this ruling. 

One of Thaksin's gardeners was so astute financially that he continued to trade his stock portfolio for several years after his death. 

Just now, robblok said:

@jayboy, 

You're probably making that up as there's no such profession as "stockading" in the financial sector.Let that pass along with you simple minded comments about trading.I was making a simple point about the wealth that was made in a long bear market.I assume Yingluck and her advisors were savvy enough to ride that trend.

22 minutes ago, bangrak said:

I am not sure that the family's army of lawyers will be busting a gut to find grounds for appeal on this ruling, since they know their client will have to appear before the court in person to file it.  

Thaksin attempted to appeal in absentia against his conviction but the court denied him the right to appeal on the grounds that the 1997 constitution only permitted an appeal, if the defence could submit substantially new evidence.  The court deemed that the evidence submitted was not new and had already been considered by the court.  Under the 2017 constitution new evidence is not needed for an appeal but appeals in absentia are no longer permitted.  Gotcha twice.        

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i just saw this on twitter:

Clarification: Thai media reports about Yingluck’s guilty verdict and a 5 year sentence are based on a leak from inside, not official yet.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/912946266702614528

Or based on a 2 year old instruction originating from the self appointed one while hiding behind the safety of the barracks walls.

And the circus is in town!

"I am right!" "No, I am right!"

"She is guilty!" "No she is not!!!"

If you all would put such a deep passion in something worth, your lives all would be much happier, instead to trash another topic to pure garbage full of nonsense propaganda...

But General Prayuth knows where she is (he said it)...but he is not telling until after the verdict...ok so the verdicts out....so now the General can go get her and bring her back to serve the 5 years right?...I mean if he knows where she is there wont be a delay in preparing the extradition papers in the correct language...hell..... this is is going to be so easy.....he will have her back in a week. :coffee1:

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

So your saying there were no fake G2G deals.. your saying YL did not know about it.. and replaced Boonsong for no reason... hmmm ok. 

This verdict was based on facts.. they did it well this is something that is hard to deny. Hard to turn political this was an actual crime. 

Hmm, I would have thought it was very obvious I responded to Bangrak's claim how "I think he would have succeeded in getting control over the higher Courts of the country"

The junta has control over both, in fact they ARE the law. Again, complaining about Thaksin, but fail to acknowledge that the Junta is far, far worse than Thaksin in almost every aspect. The facts are right under your noses, it defies belief in my humble opinion. 

Yingluck's trial is a farce, nothing more and nothing less. If corruption did take place, the only logic thing to do is go after the ones that benefitted  directly from that corruption, but they went after her, on the pretence that she did absolutely nothing, that has not been proven at all. The continuation of the scheme was her democratic right, after all she did have a mandate. 

Edited by sjaak327

46 minutes ago, Gunna said:

Many of us know how her wealth was obtained, especially  considering she started at such a low level

" Yingluck began her career as a sales and marketing intern in 1993 at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd., a telephone directory business

She was investigated by Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission regarding possible insider trading after she sold shares of her AIS stock for a profit prior to the sale of the Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. 

It's quite a long time nobody brought up that Shins' 'telephone directory' scam up!

It was one of the, 'smaller' monopolies all-mighty Thaksin granted himself, though a very 'juicy' one, and the most blatantly dishonest one. But who would have dared to raise a finger at him while he was in, total, power...?

It was never officially released (controled?) how many, per area, of these 'directories' were indeed really printed, and distributed. I know of only a pair of persons with a 'landline' who got their hand on one, after a lot of efforts.

The case of the Bangkok 'directory' showed more about the scam's depth: 'probably' because it could not be profitable enough to print a 'directory' covering the whole Bangkok area, Shinawatra Directories decided on its own, in contradiction with the contract, to split Bangkok into, what was it, 5 or 7, different areas, with a thin directory, for each it chose to divide the capital in. ...Making it most totally un-interesting for telephone users, as they could only find in their 'directory', the numbers of persons and companies from their closer neighbourhood!

A most useless State funds (ab-)use, profitting the same 'clan' as so many others...

As far as I know, there was never any investigation or Court case against Shinawatra Directories, about any of its many abuses of this, very profitable, exclusivity contract...

Quite a professional experience, well focussed on her future, this must have been for little Yingluck... 

Hardly surprising. It really is a stitch up by the 'New Unelected Government'. They would never allow another verdict. Can you imagine any other (real) country in the world jailing their PM for carrying out the election promises voted upon. A very SICK country trying to remove any opposition.