why many people are hooked to facebook despite the spying, censorship and its unethical behavior

heroKK

I think I am probably one of the very few people in the world who never created an authentic Facebook account, I always loathed this site, it's leftist, it serves globalist agenda's, I agree with the Chinese, the Vietnamese and even the Iranians who banned this site completely, considering its obvious bias towards the interest of some particular minority group, I think it's time for the people to give other alternative sites the chance, I uses VK.com because I can use it through VPN it does not require any logging to read its contents, I can write and express freely all my political views unlike Facebook that s a spying tool used by different governments.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many different uses for all the different social medias out there. 
The trick is to use the one that your friends, family and people you want to communicate with are using. 
For me, I have many of those who use Facebook. 
Thai people love FB  and many use it for business. 

I just found out a new one today, that many people (Thais included) are using:  WeChat.

I thought "Line" was 2nd. 

anyway, to the OP: Up to you to use whatever one(s) you like.  Or none at all. 

But if you want to communicate with Thais: FB or Line will probably get you more action than that VK you talk about.   I for one, have never heard of it and have my doubts whether many of my friends are on there. 
But hey:  to each his own!

Go for it. 

26 minutes ago, iReason said:

Your post is a bit mysterious.

What "particular minority group" do you mean?

The ones who are using Facebook as tool to stage dissents and coups against governments not aligned with their predefined agenda of ruling the world, that 's why the Chinese and many Swiss like me are not easy to be fooled around, we busted FB red-handed censoring the pages of the media of legal political party within the Swiss parliament, besides of their biased political censorship FB also is spy on average users, according to the Wall Street Journal "Facebook knows what millions of people do on their phones, even if they don’t actually use the social network, a new report claims."

Facebook made money from ISIS adverts,  (btw they are pro ISIS, against all who were against it) and peddle (paid for) fake news, effectively keep users in an online bubble ( tailoring news etc to fit individual - either never challenging undividuals views and beliefs .... Surely theres a problem ?

2 minutes ago, heroKK said:

predefined agenda of ruling the world

Zuckerberg aspiring to rule the world, eh? Could be.

But I am more worried about those billionaires building spaceships and colonies on the moon and Mars. That tells me that what they are planning is to eradicate human life here on planet Earth (heck, if they turned off FB half the world's population would die spontaneously), kick back for a bit on Mars till things cool down here and then come back and start new with a race of genetically engineered slaves.

In any case, I am all stocked up. The moment I see the end coming I am disappearing into my hideout. Ain't nobody taking me.

24 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

What's Facebook?

a data collection program created by the shadow government and the  intelligence agencies. You gave them voice profile, your facial recognition all your family contacts, all your friends contacts and all the info contained on your smart phone. and Zuckerburg is just a face for the project. He will probably be elected as the next US president because the intelligence agencies owe him big.

I’m with you OP.

Your message is spot on correct, but it is being read by the lost generation. You won’t get many replies because they don’t want to face the facts.

The lost generation are the ignorant ones who are using Facebook and other social media on their tracking devices (smartphones) without any thought or care for their privacy. They think you (we) are wearing tin foil hats and they will only ridicule us.

We know better.

18 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

His name is Suckerberg the schmuck, and he suckered everyone in to buy his stock and go on Facebook.. biggest scam ever, sold everyone's personal information to the NSA in the U.S. 

I guess suckers like me have bought and sold Facebook stock several times and made quite a bit of $$$$.  I should probably add a few more $$.  

I have never joined Facebook even for a day.

I don't  get your comment on why people who have bought FB stock are suckers. 

Facebook was huge before it sold shares. Do you know this? 

36 minutes ago, heroKK said:

a data collection program created by the shadow government and the  intelligence agencies. You gave them voice profile, your facial recognition all your family contacts, all your friends contacts and all the info contained on your smart phone. and Zuckerburg is just a face for the project. He will probably be elected as the next US president because the intelligence agencies owe him big.

I would rather describe it as a well designed social media application which detracted from its original ideal when the owners got greedy. Not because of the adverts but more towards the way they increased the people you ended up being linked to for click revenue.

So it turned into the monster we see today. And of course, one would be naive if they didn't believe it was used by many, many agencies from many countries for data gathering.

But, Hey-Ho, such is life. Use at discretion, if you can't be good, be good at it.......................:wink: 

45 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I would rather describe it as a well designed social media application which detracted from its original ideal when the owners got greedy. Not because of the adverts but more towards the way they increased the people you ended up being linked to for click revenue.

So it turned into the monster we see today. And of course, one would be naive if they didn't believe it was used by many, many agencies from many countries for data gathering.

But, Hey-Ho, such is life. Use at discretion, if you can't be good, be good at it.......................:wink: 

Facebook is nothing but a Propaganda station for liberals and communists, they continues to permanently delete the accounts of those who do not share their political views and agenda, my page with more then 100K followers got banned because i wrote a post about changing the visa law of my home country, while it lets hundreds if not thousands of pro ISIS pages.

Even Trump tweeted that Facebook was against him,  Zuckerberg consistently supports Islam, open borders and globalism. of course he dislikes Trump, besides the Saudis are major shareholders of the company, they even offered $150 billion in 2011 to buy out the whole company.
Edited by heroKK

I like face book cos you can sell  or buy things, see many different type of videos from crashes to fights or stupid people doing stupid things. Best of all is house and land if you are looking to buy, rent or sell without paying idiot agents stupid high % comissions.

I like face book cos you can sell  or buy things, see many different type of videos from crashes to fights or stupid people doing stupid things. Best of all is house and land if you are looking to buy, rent or sell without paying idiot agents stupid high % comissions.

18 hours ago, fiddlehead said:

There are many different uses for all the different social medias out there. 
The trick is to use the one that your friends, family and people you want to communicate with are using. 
For me, I have many of those who use Facebook. 
Thai people love FB  and many use it for business. 

I just found out a new one today, that many people (Thais included) are using:  WeChat.

I thought "Line" was 2nd. 

anyway, to the OP: Up to you to use whatever one(s) you like.  Or none at all. 

But if you want to communicate with Thais: FB or Line will probably get you more action than that VK you talk about.   I for one, have never heard of it and have my doubts whether many of my friends are on there. 
But hey:  to each his own!

Go for it. 

I have a feeling that the OP may not have that many friends.

The only a/c I have is this one, TV.

My question would be....where is the phone addiction going to end. I now see farangs using it at the traffic lights ( and while moving) on their motorbikes.

I know a little about addictions being a recovered alcoholic....but as true as God I have never seen an addiction with this sort of obsession.

1.It's is cheap voyeurism.

2. It allows everyone to have their 15 minutes of fame every day (in their own mind)555.  Rather like me posting this on here now. 555

3.  Telling everyone you know everything you do is addictive for some reason.

4 It makes them feel important (repeat. For some reason.)

Ps I had a Facebook page for 3 weeks about 4 yeas ago and decided it was inferior for my purposes to emailing.

Edited by The Deerhunter

2 hours ago, heroKK said:
Facebook is nothing but a Propaganda station for liberals and communists, they continues to permanently delete the accounts of those who do not share their political views and agenda, my page with more then 100K followers got banned because i wrote a post about changing the visa law of my home country, while it lets hundreds if not thousands of pro ISIS pages.

Even Trump tweeted that Facebook was against him,  Zuckerberg consistently supports Islam, open borders and globalism. of course he dislikes Trump, besides the Saudis are major shareholders of the company, they even offered $150 billion in 2011 to buy out the whole company.

It is what they made it. I didn't realize that this was a personal rant because you were wronged (in your view). Still can't figure out how your ;page' with more than 100k followers was banned when you stated this in your OP:

"I think I am probably one of the very few people in the world who never created an authentic Facebook account, I always loathed this site"

Maybe I misunderstand......................:wink:

17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

It is what they made it. I didn't realize that this was a personal rant because you were wronged (in your view). Still can't figure out how your ;page' with more than 100k followers was banned when you stated this in your OP:

"I think I am probably one of the very few people in the world who never created an authentic Facebook account, I always loathed this site"

Maybe I misunderstand......................:wink:

yup had a profile with different name,  didn't publish my photos, just avatars, my rant is mainly about facebook's monopoly, wish that people were smarter and gave balance to other sites, to have different views leaving the whole market to FB is dangerous !! I think the chinese were smart when they promoted local sites, remember that Facebook was used in 2009 to organize a Ürümqi riots  in China that killed almost 200 people.  The Chinese government asked Facebook to help identifying the terrorists. Facebook said, eh, hmm, just freedom fighters exercising free speech. u kidding me ? they censored a simple caricature of Carlos lattuf and cant censor ISIS ?

So the Chinese told them to get the <deleted> out of China. meanwhile during the elections in Europe they censored and close down all alt-rights pages :whistling:

Edited by heroKK

3 hours ago, heroKK said:

The reality is that no one really cares what you post on FB .

There is no "shadowy Government" watching your every move on FB

*This is my photo , this is my voice , these are my Family and this is what I had to eat to day *

There is no one out there that really cares .

No ones watching your every move

2 hours ago, heroKK said:

my page with more then 100K followers got banned

So it was all fine and dandy for your purposes until they thought you were using it to promote some agenda and suddenly you're dining on a huge plate of sour grapes.

Never use Facebook myself, not so much because of all the problems you alleged in your screed, but just because much of the content was just people babbling on and on without saying much worth reading.

I think I am probably one of the very few people in the world who never created an authentic Facebook account

But you had 100,000 followers.

Edited by Suradit69

21 hours ago, heroKK said:

I uses VK.com because I can use it through VPN it does not require any logging to read its contents, I can write and express freely all my political views unlike Facebook that s a spying tool used by different governments.

If you think that all internet sites are not being watched by any authorities, then you have got another thing coming .

If you have extremist views, then its best to post then anonymously on obscure forums .

Facebook is quite liberal , as in the sense you can post what you want . Normal standards apply , no nudity , no slander , and nothing illegal . 

Although you can even get away with that , if no one notices

I use Facebook, because most of my friends have a FB account. I can then contact them on FB Messenger.

If you go away on a retreat or to a conference and you make friends, it is easier to stay in contact by FB Messenger rather than by email.

Over the years, people will change their email address, but not their FB page. If you use Messenger, you can see that your message has arrived; whether the recipient is online using Messenger; you can see at what time they opened the message; you can chat to each other in "real time". These advantages are not available when you use email.

Most companies, media agencies and discussion groups have FB pages too so there always plenty of interesting articles to read.

Edited by silver sea
Correcting typos

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

1.It's is cheap voyeurism.

2. It allows everyone to have their 15 minutes of fame every day (in their own mind)555.  Rather like me posting this on here now. 555

3.  Telling everyone you know everything you do is addictive for some reason.

4 It makes them feel important (repeat. For some reason.)

Ps I had a Facebook page for 3 weeks about 4 yeas ago and decided it was inferior for my purposes to emailing.

I tend to agree - I've never understood the (1) sort of person who has such an elevated sense of their own self importance that he/she honestly believes anyone is interested in the fact that they are in the departure lounge at some crappy airport or (2) the mentality of responders whose collective IQs are roughly those of a boiled potato and whose replies consist entirely of 'wow' 'geesh' and - God forbid - 'awesome' which makes me reach for my firearm.

Sure, Thailand uses FB very efficiently for selling/buying, and if it's a good communication tool then so be it, but...if I want to contact people I use email with or without a photo. But that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

Sure, Thailand uses FB very efficiently for selling/buying, and if it's a good communication tool then so be it, but...if I want to contact people I use email with or without a photo. But that's just me.

What about other social media sites, like Thai Visa, do you ever post on them ?

1 hour ago, Bogbrush said:

I tend to agree - I've never understood the (1) sort of person who has such an elevated sense of their own self importance that he/she honestly believes anyone is interested in the fact that they are in the departure lounge at some crappy airport or (2) the mentality of responders whose collective IQs are roughly those of a boiled potato and whose replies consist entirely of 'wow' 'geesh' and - God forbid - 'awesome' which makes me reach for my firearm.

And me though I am being dragged kicking and screaming onto occasional use of LINE.