webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Thian said:

Australia and London refused mr Thaksin to buy a house on their land. So i can always fly with them.

Mr T owns several properties in and around London and regularly visits the UK.

Better not fly BA anymore then, huh?

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

"...in Dubai and has promised not to be involved in any political activities".

Did she get permission from her clone / puppet master to make this statement?

I believe this a requirement to obtain residence permission. IIRC the same demand was made of Thaksin, whether they enforce it is another matter.

7 hours ago, JAG said:

"Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in Dubai and has promised not to be involved in any political activities."

Says who?

"Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said on Thursday."

Right ho, I see....

Didn't he deny having a meeting with Thaksin in London recently?

If they had had a meeting then it would have been possible to discuss all sorts of matters, such as:

Escape plan

where to "hide"

a "promise" to stay out of politics for "bungled up extradition orders"

Obviously this didn't happen as Prawit  himself said he didn't meet Thaksin. What a pity they didn't meet. Things could have been much easier for everyone.

8 hours ago, JAG said:

Hmm, whilst it is true that the school cadet force training program is undertaken by lots of Matyom 4 - 6 pupils, I would suggest that it is not exactly the same as for example, the school cadet forces in the UK or other Commonwealth countries. Here the cadets are liable for mobilization and have a reserve commitment. What's more, the training is conducted by the regular army, and they are under the direct control of the Ministry of Defence. The army has "tabs" on the cadets....

It is one way of not being caught by the draft.

There was a link on a thread a few days ago about it.

If they fulfill their commitment then they are not liable to be called up.

If they don't commit to the program, then depending on how many conscripts are required during that period then they pull the ballot ball to see if they are conscripted or not.

6 hours ago, Media1 said:

Please don't visit my country. No coup supporters liked there.

A very broad statement and not necessarily a correct one either.

It isn't actually your country.

You just happened to be born there, just as I was born in the UK.

The UKisn't actually MY country but the country I came from and share with millions of other people.

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Was she ever involved in politics

True, but she did play the role of fake politician, or perhaps the correct terms could be clone of puppet politician, or puppet waiting for orders from another country.

But not real politician.

Extradition treaties have been mentioned.  It doesn't really matter if the Shinawatra's are within a country with a treaty with Thailand.  There is no obligation to arrest and send a person back to the 'requesting' country.  Furthermore, they will not extradite anyone unless the 'crime' is recognised in the 'requested' country.  In Yingluk's case, I doubt whether her 'crime' is recognised in any country other than Thailand.

Thaksin (who does have homes in the UK) is safe as is his sister.

The consensus in international law is that a state does not have any obligation to surrender an alleged criminal to a foreign state, because one principle of sovereignty is that every state has legal authority over the people within its borders.

8 hours ago, Thian said:

Australia and London refused mr Thaksin to buy a house on their land. So i can always fly with them.

Actually it is probably impossible to prevent Mr Taksin buying a house in the UK as he could simply do so through a company and hold the shares of the company through off-shore proxies.

And yes, his visa was withdrawn by a previous UK government (as he was considered a corrupt person) but he was back again recently so all must be forgiven or at least forgotten. Most likely, with Brexit, the UK will have to deal with far more unsavourary people than Taksin - Saudi Arabia, for instance . . . 

9 hours ago, halloween said:

He didn't say it was impossible, he said there is no extradition treaty.

He indeed did not say it was impossible, but his remark that it is good for her to go there because of the lack of such a treaty, gives the impression he is already justifying them doing absolutely nothing to bring her back. 

And that is precisely what they intend on doing, do nothing to bring her back. But I know you are of the few that actually believes their bull.

Edited by sjaak327

4 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Actually it is probably impossible to prevent Mr Taksin buying a house in the UK as he could simply do so through a company and hold the shares of the company through off-shore proxies.

And yes, his visa was withdrawn by a previous UK government (as he was considered a corrupt person) but he was back again recently so all must be forgiven or at least forgotten. Most likely, with Brexit, the UK will have to deal with far more unsavourary people than Taksin - Saudi Arabia, for instance . . . 

He doesn't even have to visit the UK to buy property.  Unlike Thailand, any nationality can buy property in the UK.  It's already been reported that he has several homes in the UK.

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

He indeed did not say it was impossible, but his remark that it is good for her to go there because of the lack of such a treaty, give the impression he is already justifying them doing absolutely nothing to bring her back. 

And that is precisely what they intend on doing, do nothing to bring her back. But I know you are of the few that actually believes their bull.

As I've said.  I doubt any extradition treaty would uphold her extradition.  In most countries she hasn't broken any law, just a crazy law in Thailand.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

True, but she did play the role of fake politician, or perhaps the correct terms could be clone of puppet politician, or puppet waiting for orders from another country.

But not real politician.

On second thoughts, her ineptitude,  probable disinterest in the public duty and being a puppet makes her a real polititian.