More media jumps on the filthy Pattaya beach bandwagon

webfact

More media jumps on the filthy Pattaya beach bandwagon

IMG_5626(1).jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- Yet more Thai media is joining the growing chorus of voices to have something done about the filthy state of the beaches in Pattaya.

Following a spate of damning stories by Sophon Cable TV through their Facebook posts comes more attacks on the state of the beaches from Tnews.

Claiming they were called in by the public and tourists the online news media spoke of the filthy state of the resort's beaches in an ironic headline that asked: "Is this what they call a world class tourist destination?"

They produced a video of the state of Yin Yorm Beach at the foot of Phratumnak Hill.

They said the area was once a quiet and clean getaway for the discerning tourist.

Now it is full of trash, pipes, ocean refuse and dead fish and squid.

Still pictures completed the damning report that said no one cared and nothing was being done to clear up and restore the area to its former glory.

They called for action fast.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-29

Aloha

Gerry aka KOTO has been cleaning the Jomtien Beach and others in Thailand, for the past 16 years, putting up and passing out posters in many languages (with pictures) all approved by Pattaya City Hall also asking them to impose fines, having litterbugs doing community service, in some cases jail time...

KOTO has learned that the storm drains used as dumpsters and most boat people are some of the main problems as is many beach goers, Thai and Farang, this once a year beach cleaning isn't doing any good, just getting write ups, there are plenty of prisoners with minor charges, would love to be outside cleaning a beach, Seems like the new people in charge are making a mistake in their priorities, to much to fast, making mistakes along the way...

KOTO did his best, sorry it wasn't good enough...     

14.2.jpg

14.jpg

FB_IMG_1430644723692.jpg

253048_296877263750471_2131774400_n.jpg

0001 copy.jpg

12.jpg

FB_IMG_1435852051683.jpg

The mindset has to change starting at the top. If TAT wants to keep bragging about increased numbers and tourist revenue, they'd better convince the men in uniform at the top of the import of this problem if they want sustained growth. And that applies to the whole country, not just oceanfront. 

Like my well travelled friend once said to me, "I wouldn't go there, that place is filthy".

30 years ago Jomtien beach looked clean BUT that was because all the rubbish was swept into the sea. When the tide went out all you could see was miles of rubbish. A lot of it comes from Bangkok where the Chao praya washes it into the Gulf of Siam. Humans have this amazing capacity to destroy beautiful things. Everybody loves seafood in Thailand and people keep telling me how amazing it is; they don't realise it,s fullof plastic if it's fished from the local waters! It's not going to get better in Pattaya for sure ; calling it a world class tourist destination is like calling Blackpool the fashion capital of the world. Once and for all tell it how it is; the majority of the tourists come for one thing only and it is not the beach more like the b...h1

I must admit I went down to 'cozy beach ' yesterday, normally quite clean in comparison with the main Pattaya beach .... it was in a real mess , besides hundreds of jelly fish on the beach too .. the sun bed guy said , it's because a storm at sea the night before that had washed up all the plastic , glass , rubbish etc ....oh I said , is somebody going to try and clean it up ? ... he's response .. " hahahaha " and walked away . ( after me giving 50bht for the bed ) . 

54 minutes ago, leggo said:

30 years ago Jomtien beach looked clean BUT that was because all the rubbish was swept into the sea. When the tide went out all you could see was miles of rubbish. A lot of it comes from Bangkok where the Chao praya washes it into the Gulf of Siam. Humans have this amazing capacity to destroy beautiful things. Everybody loves seafood in Thailand and people keep telling me how amazing it is; they don't realise it,s fullof plastic if it's fished from the local waters! It's not going to get better in Pattaya for sure ; calling it a world class tourist destination is like calling Blackpool the fashion capital of the world. Once and for all tell it how it is; the majority of the tourists come for one thing only and it is not the beach more like the b...h1

30 years ago the beaches were not full with farangs who also litter these days and never clean it up.

Thailand is a dirty place, just drive outside of Pattaya into suburbs and you will see ditches full of rubbishy items, even furniture piled up on side of the roads. Mentality of the people requires a major shift to " keep my country clean" real tourism is dying a slow and painful death. Wake up Thai people before it is too late and you are surrounded by sea of garbage 

They dump raw sewage right into the ocean, go out about a half a kilometer or so you will see the pipes. I hope people like swimming with turds, and whatever else is coming out of the sever drains/storm drains.

Pattaya is the cess pool of Thailand

3 hours ago, elgenon said:

It is world class for those who like to travel and volunteer to clean up beaches in other countries. We need some of those. Oh wait, the government wouldn't let them take a job away from Thais. : (

They would not be taking a Thais job.More like a Burmese. I have seen many Thai throw S--t everywhere but never pick it up.I see them walk around it and over it but never pick it up

3 hours ago, neeray said:

The mindset has to change starting at the top. If TAT wants to keep bragging about increased numbers and tourist revenue, they'd better convince the men in uniform at the top of the import of this problem if they want sustained growth. And that applies to the whole country, not just oceanfront. 

Like my well travelled friend once said to me, "I wouldn't go there, that place is filthy".

TAT will get millions more tourists in from previous years , easilly .......

just lower the bar fines :partytime2: