Kokette rotisserie chickens

soistalker

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sure but I agree and bones add flavor too. I choose not too. The pot is much easier to clean as well without the chicken fat. When I make soup plenty of fat (via oil) is added anyway in the spice mixtures I add. Not suggesting the way I do it is the only way or the gourmet way. People are free to adjust to their tastes and needs. 

You inject oil into your soup? 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sure but I agree and bones add flavor too. I choose not too. The pot is much easier to clean as well without the chicken fat. When I make soup plenty of fat (via oil) is added anyway in the spice mixtures I add. Not suggesting the way I do it is the only way or the gourmet way. People are free to adjust to their tastes and needs. 

The chicken breasts I buy come with skin, they don’t come with bones.

We usually eat the meat and boil the skins for the dogs and cats. 

I never noticed the pots being difficult to wash, but I have a 50 gal hot water heater...

31 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You inject oil into your soup? 

I never used the word inject.

Some of the spice things I put into the soup I make has oil in it already.

It's an Asian soup actually. My own invention which is a mixture of Thai tom yum flavors and Chinese flavors. It's quite complex. For example one thing I add is called Shrimp Flavored Crushed Chili. Soybean oil is an ingredient. I'm sure the soup would still taste good if I just used water. But having some chicken flavor from the very basic stock from the chicken cooking makes it even better.

I'm perfectly happy with my skinless breasts. I've used chicken with skin before and I'm just hooked on skinless for my purposes which is mostly to have a versatile ever ready supply of basic low fat chicken meat for a variety of recipes. So sue me. 

Edited by Jingthing

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I never used the word inject.

Some of the spice things I put into the soup I make has oil in it already.

It's an Asian soup actually. My own invention which is a mixture of Thai tom yum flavors and Chinese flavors. It's quite complex. For example one thing I add is called Shrimp Flavored Crushed Chili. Soybean oil is an ingredient. I'm sure the soup would still taste good if I just used water. But having some chicken flavor from the very basic stock from the chicken cooking makes it even better.

I'm perfectly happy with my skinless breasts. I've used chicken with skin before and I'm just hooked on skinless for my purposes which is mostly to have a versatile ever ready supply of basic low fat chicken meat for a variety of recipes. So sue me. 

I eat skinless breasts, I just buy them skin on because they are so much cheaper. 

The only time I cook them skin-on is when I want to make chicken gravy. 

Broiled (not boiled) chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. 

Broiling is is a nice easy way to cook healthy as well. Throw some carrots and onions in with..,

21 hours ago, edd said:

I love chicken but

I HATE GARLIC

In Thailand getting a chicken with no garlic or any other spices is a problem.

There used to be a company on the hill from Pattaya to Jomtien but they moved to the side of Big C Pattaya Clang but i have never seen them open.

If you know of anywhere that just does chicken, NO Garlic or spices,

Please let me know.

Poor you ! Your life cannot be easy. Not eating garlic and spices must be worst than having a cancer !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

I eat skinless breasts, I just buy them skin on because they are so much cheaper. 

The only time I cook them skin-on is when I want to make chicken gravy. 

Broiled (not boiled) chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. 

Broiling is is a nice easy way to cook healthy as well. Throw some carrots and onions in with..,

So much cheaper to buy chicken with ugly dirty skin ? 7 baht difference for a kilo at most supermarkets...

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, dpdp said:

So much cheaper to buy chicken with ugly dirty skin ? 7 baht difference for a kilo at most supermarkets...

I don't think its only 7 baht difference. Just tear the skin off and throw it away or cook for the pets, as MD said. I cook chicken breast with the least amount of oil possible or no oil. I like my chicken like I like my ladies: fresh, pure and moist.

I bought a cooked chicken at Makro the other day. It was heavily spiced up. Not bad, but microwaving a piece brought up a ton of oil.

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

I don't think its only 7 baht difference. Just tear the skin off and throw it away or cook for the pets, as MD said. I cook chicken breast with the least amount of oil possible or no oil. I like my chicken like I like my ladies: fresh, pure and moist.

And hot...

When I stopped by Kokette last week, there was one lonely chicken being grilled. This was right before 6 o'clock . Then she took it off the rotisserie, placed it next to a raw one, then put the raw one in. I don't see how they can do business grilling one at a time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soistalker said:

When I stopped by Kokette last week, there was one lonely chicken being grilled. This was right before 6 o'clock . Then she took it off the rotisserie, placed it next to a raw one, then put the raw one in. I don't see how they can do business grilling one at a time.

Simple: They will close quickly ! This is the way to do biz in Thailand for people who know nothing.

Well, if their business is really that slow and that doesn't surprise me in that location which is more of a cheap Charlie hangout type area, then I'm sorry to hear that. I suggest anyone that likes European style roast chicken try them at least once (with the 1/2 chicken platter set) while you can. 

On 10/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, Jingthing said:

Well, if their business is really that slow and that doesn't surprise me in that location which is more of a cheap Charlie hangout type area, then I'm sorry to hear that. I suggest anyone that likes European style roast chicken try them at least once (with the 1/2 chicken platter set) while you can. 

I will try it next week. Thanks for the advice. 

• 10 months later...