DPM Prawit: Election date cannot be determined until organic laws are enforced

webfact

DPM Prawit: Election date cannot be determined until organic laws are enforced

PNPOL601001001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 October 2017 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan says an election date will be announced once all organic acts have been promulgated in the royal gazette. 

In reply to the Pheu Thai Party’s call for the government and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to make their stance on the general election clear, DPM and Minister for Defense Gen Prawit confirmed that the election will take place according to the timeframe stipulated in the reform roadmap. 

Gen Prawit said the exact date for the next election cannot be determined until all 10 organic laws have been enacted. Once the organic acts are published in the Royal Gazette, the electoral body will be required to stage an election within 150 days. 

He then stated that the current administration has no plan to stay in power as it’s committed to returning democracy to the nation.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-10-02

Has anyone ever seen a copy of this much quoted "road map" ?

Seems like a euphemism for "we will let you have an election when we decide that all our ducks are in a row and the results will not be affected by your votes anyway"....

Not sure how much longer the normally ambivalent general population will put up with blatant BS ?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the current administration has no plan to stay in power as it’s committed to returning democracy to the nation.

Nothing happens without a deadline.  It will be interesting to see if certain people will be barred by the junta from running for office. 

Before it was "until organic laws are passed".

Now it's "until organic laws are enforced".

When I run this through the "Junta-speak" translator I get...

"Election date cannot be determined until all red-shirts have been jailed, or encouraged to flee the country."

Sir,

I am but a naive and simple soul but cannot get to grips with this. Organic Law ok, I get it, the Law or Laws behind a constitution.

But, and this is where my tiny brain starts to quiver, why and how do you enforce it? And why on earth would you consider 'enforcing' it before you have an election.

Unless of course you have an ulterior motive.

Yours faithfully

Confused of Chiang Mai

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Has anyone ever seen a copy of this much quoted "road map" ?

Early on the Junta published the "roadmap", it was an overly large document and has since been revised too many times to track. I'd guess that is a "feature"?

Essentially they need these "laws" to make sure that the minority maintains full control. They have "learned" how to prevent the pesky phrai from ever again recognizing any sort of political participation.

In the end, it can be condensed to a simple "circle".

roadmap_rev 01.jpg

ViciousCycle.jpg

The Junta might be in for some surprises as of October 30th; stay tuned ..........   I seriously wonder if certain brethren of the Kingdom in far-away-places in the Middle East will stay put and quiet as the latter is in for the face.