Shirtless Farangs

Pilotman

Sounds like a lot of old men on this forum with a curmudgeonly disposition. You all really should find some sort of hobby in retirement that isn’t trying to elevate your own social station in life by denigrating others.

OB

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oceanbat said:

Sounds like a lot of old men on this forum with a curmudgeonly disposition. You all really should find some sort of hobby in retirement that isn’t trying to elevate your own social station in life by denigrating others.

TVForum is the hobby for many. You only have to look at the posters on the first page or so on a freash topic. The same names crop up virtually every time. Nothing wrong with that for me.

And to a certain extent you are missing the point of a forum. Most posters build up a raport with others. They don't know them personally; it's just chatting through their pseudonyms.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

TVForum is the hobby for many. You only have to look at the posters on the first page or so on a freash topic. The same names crop up virtually every time. Nothing wrong with that for me.

And to a certain extent you are missing the point of a forum. Most posters build up a raport with others. They don't know them personally; it's just chatting through their pseudonyms.

Where do the young ones go?

3 hours ago, Jdiddy said:

I always enjoy getting all the reactions chinese tourist girls give in the back of baht busses going up doi suthep when im cycling up shirtless with my brad pitt fight club physique

And your fight club dimented mind I bet, Edward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, idman said:

Saw a Millenial wan..ker yesterday in Maya Mall in Chiang Mai, no shirt, gym shorts and flip flops walking around totally clueless until he ran into me.  The sadest day in modern Thai history and this di..ck he..ad thinks he is at a beach.  I knew that confronting him was not going to be a problem for me as there were many Thai people staring and pointing at him and if he choose to get physical they would have my back  on this occassion.  I told him in a loud voice exactly what I thought of his attire, his disrespect for the sad day and his me first attitude.  Of course as I had guessed the Thai people started to crowd around the guy and he quickly realized he was in a potentially bad situation.  To his credit he apologized and back tracked out of the Mall.  My good deed done on this solumn day and I am not even Thai.

Why was the mall open yesterday and why were lots of Thais out shopping?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"Why do so many Farangs walk and ride about shirtless off the beach areas?"

Because it is so hot. I would not do it myself, but it is fairly normal behavior in my country.

As someone said previously it is not pleasant to see sweaty armpit hair, arse-crack, etc when out shopping or eating out. Have a sense of propriety please 

On 10/25/2017 at 7:01 PM, sawadeeken said:

Yes..... after 30+ years in and out of Thailand I draw a close comparison the these farangs you mention to the 'typical Thai driver' who is taught by the 'typical' Thai driving schools to nevermind looking in your rear-view mirrors - never mind those folks behind just watch the road in front (and never mind what is coming up behind)(or how you are affecting those behind you).... These farangs mentioned above show very comparable 'selfish concerns' and no consideration for others............

To be very frank...

No one needs 30 or even 3 years experience.

Farangs stink as much as the blacks the browns the yellow or what ever the rainbow colors - it is just their superior attitude... they are the fruits of the same tree.

Edited by ravip

On 10/26/2017 at 5:52 PM, owl sees all said:

Good question!

Some are so busy shag--g they have no time.

Some are drinking in the bars thinking about shag--g.

Some are fishing adjusting their lures.

Some are playing chess holding their bishop.

And shag--g for many - including me - is a distant memory. We are the ones on TVForum. I've not had a shag for so long I don't even bother taking the handcuffs to bed any more.

I guess you've called it quits.

Enjoy your peace...

On 10/27/2017 at 11:05 AM, idman said:

Saw a Millenial wan..ker yesterday in Maya Mall in Chiang Mai, no shirt, gym shorts and flip flops walking around totally clueless until he ran into me.  The sadest day in modern Thai history and this di..ck he..ad thinks he is at a beach.  I knew that confronting him was not going to be a problem for me as there were many Thai people staring and pointing at him and if he choose to get physical they would have my back  on this occassion.  I told him in a loud voice exactly what I thought of his attire, his disrespect for the sad day and his me first attitude.  Of course as I had guessed the Thai people started to crowd around the guy and he quickly realized he was in a potentially bad situation.  To his credit he apologized and back tracked out of the Mall.  My good deed done on this solumn day and I am not even Thai.

You should try minding your own business.

Not your country, not your king and that's the way they want it.

52 minutes ago, The manic said:

Well done mate. you taught him a valuable lesson

I doubt I could teach him anything.

Just amazed at the number of foreigners that swallow the propaganda BS, and want to participate in supporting a totally corrupt establishment, while the real Thai (that I feel sorry for) people dare not say what they really want/believe/think for fear of 'disappearance'. I'm surprised these old fools don't run around in the streets telling other foreigners to wear helmets.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 6:21 PM, madusa said:

No, not at all. I may even say to my mrs , look that old guy got a slim fit body and good tan too. My mrs may get arouse. You never know with women.

More likely to get aroused when he opens his wallet at the checkout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Recall reading  of shirtless tourists being finned, (of all times during Songkhran)

It must be an "outrage to public decency" under Thai law.

4 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Recall reading  of shirtless tourists being finned, (of all times during Songkhran)

It must be an "outrage to public decency" under Thai law.

easy money

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

I would suggest that you are certainly correct in what you say

But I would also offer up the suggestion that there are many more things that are much more worthy of approx 360 posts of froth with slightly differing views

If nothing else this thread proves once again what good value as entertainment value  Thaivisa is

Good luck to those who make money or a living out of it

Just for the record I have never gone shirtless anywhere in public since I was about ten years old as I am not a beach person,  although my family have the sea in their blood 

I'm an ex-merchant seafarer, not a beach person either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grollies said:

I'm an ex-merchant seafarer, not a beach person either.

I was once on a Lowestoft trawler when we hit the quay side, on our way out of dock 5555

Not to hard mind you but a quick inspection and we were on our way to the dogger bank

It was a good fifty years ago mind you, I think it was named the Sawfish or maybe the Crayfish

Not happy days and close enough to the beach for me

Edited by oldlakey