Arizona Joe's Restaurant, in Kad Farang

BarnicaleBob

Well our experience in this restaurant was not good! The food was ok... just average. Its was very disappointing they served very cold beans with a hot breakfast. The service was very slow and to think there was only one other table occupied. The Thai staff were friendly & attentive but there is only one person, his expression was so mean to me. We have dined almost 40 restaurants in chiangmai but this is the first we received a cold meal (beans).

12 minutes ago, Geoff05 said:

Well our experience in this restaurant was not good! The food was ok... just average. Its was very disappointing they served very cold beans with a hot breakfast. The service was very slow and to think there was only one other table occupied. The Thai staff were friendly & attentive but there is only one person, his expression was so mean to me. We have dined almost 40 restaurants in chiangmai but this is the first we received a cold meal (beans).

What I've found with restaurants in CM is that restaurants that are busy or packed tend to have faster service and fresher foods.  It may seem counter-intuitive, but I suppose that busy restaurants are better prepared for the onslaught because it's expected.  Restaurants bare of customers are almost shocked to get one. 

14 hours ago, Geoff05 said:

According to recent posts, you should buy the beans and heat them yourself. Come to think of it, put the hot beans in a flask and bring them with you, order breakfast sans beans and when it arrives... HEY PRESTO, add your own beans... could maybe think of even bringing your own teabags but that would just be silly.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, stuurman said:

Has Arizona Joe’s joined the fate of every other establishment in this location? I hear they are closed.

I posted last week about this but had it pulled just in case the sign was true.....

Wondering who had the over & under on it.....

The sign & FB page say closed for kitchen renovations, however, they were also closed in January for kitchen renovations based on their FB page....

The hot rod is gone and from the few times I've glanced over,  and there are no signs of activity....

It doesn't look hopeful....Even the DIY store next door looks lonely...

IMG20180213113040.jpg

IMG20180213113058.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Is anyone in the least bit surprised? Arizona Joes was the worst effort on that site and that was against some stiff competition in the crap restaurant/bar stakes at that location.

no doubt about that Sharkey, but at least they kept the local enconomy bubbling:smile:

16 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Is anyone in the least bit surprised? Arizona Joes was the worst effort on that site and that was against some stiff competition in the crap restaurant/bar stakes at that location.

True + restaurants are multiplying there very quickly....

Years ago there used to be a nice selection of Thai/local eateries there but they mowed them down = progress.....Best Rim Ping around though....

• Like 1

It might have helped if the decor had been chosen by someone other than a blind person! Green tiles, yellow tiles, blue tiles, all kind of next to each other made the place look terrible before you even sat down!

Next please!! Wonder who ll be the next through the revolving ( failing) door? 

I rarely go that far South, but had to collect my son & a friend from the Kad-Farang Outlet-Mall (they're fashion-victims) last week, and had a very good meal at the Thin-Thin Pizza shop, about 20m from Rimping-supermarket, across from Pizza Hut.

Three pizzas (Hawaian & Salami & Tuna), soft-drinks & two plates of fries came to about B670 in-total.

They were doing 3-for-2 on their cheapest pizzas, prices from B110 upwards, the sauce was herby & garlicky & tasty and we'll certainly make a point of returning, if I ever get that far again which, knowing the boys, I might well !

Imust admit that my own experience of the Arizona-Joe site, a year or two back, was not encouraging.

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

I rarely go that far South, but had to collect my son & a friend from the Kad-Farang Outlet-Mall (they're fashion-victims) last week, and had a very good meal at the Thin-Thin Pizza shop, about 20m from Rimping-supermarket, across from Pizza Hut.

Three pizzas (Hawaian & Salami & Tuna), soft-drinks & two plates of fries came to about B670 in-total.

They were doing 3-for-2 on their cheapest pizzas, prices from B110 upwards, the sauce was herby & garlicky & tasty and we'll certainly make a point of returning, if I ever get that far again which, knowing the boys, I might well !

Imust admit that my own experience of the Arizona-Joe site, a year or two back, was not encouraging.

I like Thin-Thin Pizza also and go when the wife & daughters get Thai food.....

I'm hoping that crap Pizza Hut now close to them doesn't drive them out....

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

I like Thin-Thin Pizza also and go when the wife & daughters get Thai food.....

I'm hoping that crap Pizza Hut now close to them doesn't drive them out....

Makes you wonder what kind of philistine would choose greasy mush over the lovely authentic pizzas on offer at Thin-thin. Ooooops, forgot where I was living for a moment there...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharktooth said:

Makes you wonder what kind of philistine would choose greasy mush over the lovely authentic pizzas on offer at Thin-thin. Ooooops, forgot where I was living for a moment there...

Pizza Hut doesn't do well & can't get pizza right in the US....

One "export" Thailand didn't need foisted on it....

Maerim Plaza  is experiencing the same with  restaruants closing, for a raft of very good reasons every month , only the best managed remain open for business and their trade has diminshed by a good percentage, like hairdressers ,coffee shops and so on, too many plying their trade and not enough customers to go around and the ambience of the Plaza certainly doe,s no favour to help any business, at all

Edited by evenstevens
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Maerim Plaza  is experiencing the same with  restaruants closing, for a raft of very good reasons every month , only the best managed remain open for business and their trade has diminshed by a good percentage, like hairdressers ,coffee shops and so on, too many plying their trade and not enough customers to go around and the ambience of the Plaza certainly doe,s no favour to help any business, at all

The night market is a disaster for business that are open at night there. The sellers set-up shop right where people park. Went we went to dine at our favorite restaurant in there recently we couldn't park and had to "hike in". When we finally got to our favorite dining spot, we found the prices (which have been steadily going up and up over the years) to border on price gouging. High-quality it is but it put a damper on the meal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

The night market is a disaster for business that are open at night there. The sellers set-up shop right where people park. Went we went to dine at our favorite restaurant in there recently we couldn't park and had to "hike in". When we finally got to our favorite dining spot, we found the prices (which have been steadily going up and up over the years) to border on price gouging. High-quality it is but it put a damper on the meal!

Found the same when I went for lunch, I got blocked in by a food cart setting up for dinner