90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Bantex said:

I don’t see why this should be anyone’s business but their own.

I wish them both all the best for the future.

If you go on a hit TV show your business is no longer your own; and the mere fact they're doing this increases the risk their relationship will fail IMO, just another box ticked in the likely to fail category, and they both tick all the right boxes for a relationship disaster, but maybe they'll be the exception to the rule, outliers in standard deviation terms. Like you I wish them the best and take no schadenfreuden pleasure in the likely outcome.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I have learned, after living in Thailand for 8 years, is that the connection between a Thai and a Farnag is RARELY about love, but it is almost ALWAYS about money. This case MIGHT be an exception and I truly hope it is.  Buddha is NOT the GOD for Thais, but MONEY is.

7 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

48 years old hooking up with a 24 old isn't anything worth discussing. I've seen enough 70 year old/20 year old hookups in the LOS since I've been here.  

It is not the hookups that cause problem...but the breakups and it's causes.

As long as he is happy but he may get his heart shattered again.  I don't many countries who give visas to prostitutes.  I know Australia will automatically say no if you are a prostitute.  Many young thai women have used older aussie men to get their residency visa only to dump them then work in brothels.

1 hour ago, travelman6 said:

One thing I have learned, after living in Thailand for 8 years, is that the connection between a Thai and a Farnag is RARELY about love, but it is almost ALWAYS about money. This case MIGHT be an exception and I truly hope it is.  Buddha is NOT the GOD for Thais, but MONEY is.

What else do these Farlang guys expect when they get into relationships with Thai women half their age? The same applies everywhere, old guy, young woman, it`s all about her flesh in exchange for his money.

I know several guys that are with bargirls and are very happy.

They seem to have a simple life.

Actually, it is the guys I know in Bangkok who are with hiso girls are having big problems.

Educated and westernized makes what I came here to get away from?  

11 hours ago, bazza73 said:

A great story. Mine is similar, although I'm more bashful about it.

I sometimes wonder while she is trimming my toenails for me - what Western woman would do this for her man?

1st class service all the way bazza73, I dare say the bitches back home would be getting theirs done at the beauty shop while we struggle to bend over to even attempt to clip our toenails, but some of us have it tough while we sit watching TV, downing a cold one, while our model beauticians do what they want to do, yep as I just said life is tough for some of us here.

Guess there's no point in moaning and groaning about the treatment 555 

11 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

i didn't read anything in the article that states or suggests love by her.  Not to put them down, but seems 10 days he can only judge his feelings with his pecker and her with his wallet. My thai wife is 21 years younger and we were together 2 years before marrying.. Now together 5 years.. No dowry. 

Seems to me money is definitely a factor here.  But without love it will not last.  

My wife of 10 years liked me a lot in the beginning, love followed, to this day, she hasn't let a day go by without telling me or expressing that to me, she thanks me for coming into her life, no doubt her life has improved immensely financially (10% of my worth), if our marriage should fail tomorrow, suffice to say, we have eliminated anything that is a risk, although if one falls out of love, you can't do anything about that.

I would say in his 10 days, it would have been a similar euphoria to mine, which is still here today, to suggest he is feeling through his pecker and her his wallet, just goes to show that you just don't get it and probably didn't experience the same with your 21 years younger wife.

The fact that you didn't provide her family with a dowry to me, implies you are a cheap Charlie, as these girls work to support their families, so the least one could do is provide some sort of offering/support, you know like a couple of hundred thousand baht, peanuts really, unless your broke and on the pension like most in Thailand....."whatever", each to their own, who am I to judge you ! 

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

Wish them both well.

Same situation for me. 18 years later still working well.

Not quite sure about the move away from Thailand though, that could put

a strain on things

Like her getting to become a Us citizen and making a run for it LOL

12 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

No superfluous comment sir, only  :clap2:

Judging by the 40 likes to you implying that my comment was a "superfluous comment" Vs no likes to yours, I would have to say a reply to your comment would be pointless, really.  

18 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

Kentucky is a brutal place for Thai girls.  It snows a lot in the winter, and there are very few Thai people or Thai food.   She will have to be tough to stick it out, and learn English fast.

There is always Lao Khao though to get her thru a tough winter

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually, it is the guys I know in Bangkok who are with hiso girls are having big problems.

Well, let me put it this way. If you were paying me and my entire family a monthly allowance not reply to your stupid post, I wouldn't. 

I am actually really, really glad all those bargirls are taken by guys like yourself. It just means that educated and "hiso" girls with jobs are available for broke losers like me.

Yeah....I'll take that any time.

Really....thank you very much.

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

ROTFLMAO !
She's from a (very) poor village in Beung Kan (on the Lao border next to Nong Khai). She went to Bangkok to find a job, or a "new life". :whistling:

He met her in a bar. (Let me guess, she started working there the same day he showed up ! Those aren't tattoos, they're birthmarks !) :w00t:

After "a week or two" he proposed. Spoiler alert ! She said yes ! :shock1:

He feels like he's just won the lottery. They are planning on moving to America. :intheclub:

Oh, and he had to pay a dowry for her !!!!!! Somehow I don't think he's the one who won the lottery ! :jap:

Somehow, I think that you are a person that never took a chance in your life. Continue with a safe and boring life, and stop bothering happy people with your nonsense.

24 year difference.  Ok.  How about 40 year difference - a couple I know - and they get along great.

Plus; the better way to make it work for more than a few weeks:  bring along the gal's sisters and/or best friends if possible.  One is ok, two is good, 3 is better.  The more the merrier.  If you're Akha (you can get accepted in a tribe. I did it) ....you can legally have more than one wife.  The only parameters are:   A. have to provide separate lockable bedroom for each wife, and B. can't openly have favorites re; sexual interactions or money/gifts.   This was told to me by two Akha ladies (cute as kittens), with all seriousness.

Picture it:  an older guy with one younger wife.  She's going to be bored and/or glued to a digital screen most of her waking hours.   OR

an older guy with several younger wives.  They're going to be interacting (joyfully, one hopes), joking, gossiping, conversing, playing, etc 

Which scenario is better - for both the man and the women?   

48 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Somehow, I think that you are a person that never took a chance in your life. Continue with a safe and boring life, and stop bothering happy people with your nonsense.

Well let's hope their happiness continues after they take their chances on the US Embassy on Wireless bothering to let them know whether they will be able to continue their happiness together in the good ol' US of A.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Well, let me put it this way. If you were paying me and my entire family a monthly allowance not reply to your stupid post, I wouldn't. 

I am actually really, really glad all those bargirls are taken by guys like yourself. It just means that educated and "hiso" girls with jobs are available for broke losers like me.

You admit you are a broke loser. How very very sad.

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

You won the lottery there, didn´t you? :smile:

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

People I know with educated partners have healthy, balanced relationships of equals. 

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Whatever happened to personal self-esteem and pride?  standards have dropped over the decades regretfully and being a ******* seems ok these days.

How many times have you posted about how 'lucky' you are living off a girl's earnings?  Thread after thread and you wear it like a badge of 'honour'. Firstly she must have been desperate and secondly you have no shame. 

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So that means that every NEGATIVE old men who have HAD A LOT of experience with Thai Marriages gone wrong, should put down those who are happy in love, give me a break.

Best medicine for a marriage break up of any kind, anywhere in the world, is to be cuddled by another woman, and if you feel like some milk at the same time, go for it.............555

Some people just can;t move on, I mentioned I was previously married, she wasn't Thai, but seldom do we here of the western marriages going wrong on TVF, human beings are we not. divorce is a world wide occurrence, happens a lot in Asian countries to western men because they wear their hearts on their sleeves and don;t protect themselves against the "female species" and the laws that are for the woman, refer to my rule book that has been posted somewhere on the forum:

Rule No 1) Don't confuse love with "your" financial worth, "its yours" and HAS to stay that way

Rule No 2) Only invest as much as your prepared to lose, i.e. never more than 10% of your worth

Rule No 3) Never have joint bank accounts

Rule No 4) Always have an exit plan

When things don;t seem that they are going the right way or you feel she is wanting more and more of you, turning up the emotional blackmail, should you be so lucky to have chosen one of those, refer to rule 1, 2, 3 & 4

I won;t say that there are plenty of fish in the sea, because you have already heard that no doubt.

Rule number 5) never be older than your in-laws.

Rule number 6) get a vasectomy if aged 50 or over.

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

Here is wishing them the best.   

How can a guy marry so quickly?

How can a guy marry the first one?

If first one is nice how could you not want to see if there is better one?  

• Lonliness is a powerful thing
  • He was married to a woman from Rural Kentucky for over twenty years, (read Hatfield & McCoys) google them and you will see why he is in love with a sweet, young, thin, Thai Girl that actually knows how to smile.
  • He contacted the movie company in hopes for a big paycheck - who knows, this may be a ruse to get a money from TLC series Married in 90 Days, then kick her to the curb.  A tentative movie deal will not get her a visa any faster, the killer will be 'She worked in a Bar.
Edited by TunnelRat69

11 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

No not from across the pond.

Its just the idea of a well used or soiled hole that I do not want to get into, a bit like playing darts on a second-hand dartboard.

I can't see it being any different to picking up a girl at a night club.....you wouldn't know what she had been doing in her past life.