90 Day Fiancé: 48-Year-Old Kentucky Man Proposes to 24-Year-Old 'True Love' in Thailand After 10 Days Together

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

Kentucky is a brutal place for Thai girls.  It snows a lot in the winter, and there are very few Thai people or Thai food.   She will have to be tough to stick it out, and learn English fast.

A Thai girl I knew eventually hooked up with a guy in Ohio.  She got a job at one of the car manufacturing factories.  She couldn't believe how tough it was.  Can't talk while working.  Few people to socialize with.  Hard work, short breaks.  Her hubby was a working class guy. They could make ends meet, but no life of luxury.  She eventually had a baby and then I lost contact with her.     So many Thais see the foreigner over in Thailand spending money, and they watch the TV soap operas and shows like Dynasty and Dallas and think everything just happens and that all Americans are rich.  They have no idea of how difficult it is for the middle or lower working class people.

Interesting about the guy in this article though.  He was broke, but now just a short time later he seemingly has all this wealth and income?  Just wondering

23 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Whatever happened to personal self-esteem and pride?  standards have dropped over the decades regretfully and being a ******* seems ok these days.

How many times have you posted about how 'lucky' you are living off a girl's earnings?  Thread after thread and you wear it like a badge of 'honour'. Firstly she must have been desperate and secondly you have no shame. 

Never said I was lucky.

I have disagreements and arguments with my wife. This is what I expect in a relationship anyway and would rather have that than the fake smiles and welcomes cuz the family seems me as an infinite wallet.

Anywoo.... wot u go about pride again? Explain to me (again) what is so honorable about coming to a country where 80% of population live in poverty and you taking advantage of that? Were you such a gentleman back in your country or you couldn't afford it?

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Happiness is a state of mine, from what you say you dont have the right state of mind"

You wrote it, I quote it. I realize it was a typo. Lighten up.

You didn't quote it. Never mind you will grow up one day

10 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Good on you mate. Age is a number only and don’t concern yourself about others. My gorgeous Thai wife is 20 year younger than me. We’ve been married 9 years and been together 11 years. 

But the difference is you live in Udon Thani with your Thai wife -- he wants his Thai wife to live with him in USA which requires the say-so of the US Department of State.

Love?

The best one I saw was on a train trip back from Surfers Paradise to Sydney.

This young fellow met the girl 30km out from the first station and by Macksville was engaged. Showed her off to mum and all; asked for her blessing I think. Everyone in the carriage clapped and snickered when it was announced. He got off just before Newcastle, probably to head back into the Hills? Made the trip go quicker.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Rule number 5) never be older than your in-laws.

Rule number 6) get a vasectomy if aged 50 or over.

Rule No 7) if you don't get a vasectomy after age 50, make sure each time you get out, that it lands in your favourite spot.

You can work out the rest from there 555

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Personally I could never understand why they would do that, as LOVE is a separate matter to finance's, well in my rule book it is. 

The only reason that springs to mind is an attempt to perhaps underscore how much they love their missus, by giving them financial control.... the significant word there is control.... but in the game of hands, I know whom I want to have the upper hand.

9 minutes ago, farcanell said:

The only reason that springs to mind is an attempt to perhaps underscore how much they love their missus, by giving them financial control.... the significant word there is control.... but in the game of hands, I know whom I want to have the upper hand.

A royal flush will always win hands down 555

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

People I know with educated partners have healthy, balanced relationships of equals. 

Good you know some

But, uh not these guys.  They are airline pilots pretty equal.  

They are not in love, but in hate with their hiso mates.

35 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Good you know some

But, uh not these guys.  They are airline pilots pretty equal.  

They are not in love, but in hate with their hiso mates.

Just about all the single guys I came out are married or in long term relationships with educated Thais. 

They have the same ups and downs as in any relationship, but they are all happy, healthy relationships of equals. 

Must admit I don’t know any pilots though, any reason they are particularly unhappy? 

18 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

and I find your post hypocritical.

That's all.

You have a problem with married people having sex outside their marriage?

The whole world isn't Christian, and everyone else thinks on the side is OK.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

7 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

24 year difference.  Ok.  How about 40 year difference - a couple I know - and they get along great.

Plus; the better way to make it work for more than a few weeks:  bring along the gal's sisters and/or best friends if possible.  One is ok, two is good, 3 is better.  The more the merrier.  If you're Akha (you can get accepted in a tribe. I did it) ....you can legally have more than one wife.  The only parameters are:   A. have to provide separate lockable bedroom for each wife, and B. can't openly have favorites re; sexual interactions or money/gifts.   This was told to me by two Akha ladies (cute as kittens), with all seriousness.

Picture it:  an older guy with one younger wife.  She's going to be bored and/or glued to a digital screen most of her waking hours.   OR

an older guy with several younger wives.  They're going to be interacting (joyfully, one hopes), joking, gossiping, conversing, playing, etc 

Which scenario is better - for both the man and the women?   

Lanna tradition was for a guy to marry ALL the sisters .... if he could afford it.

Allegedly the sisters wanted to live together, even if that meant sharing the man.

On 10/6/2017 at 12:55 PM, kalidescopemind said:

Kentucky is a brutal place for Thai girls.  It snows a lot in the winter, and there are very few Thai people or Thai food.   She will have to be tough to stick it out, and learn English fast.

True, but there are the benefits of obtaining an American permanent stay visa and eventually American citizenship, including if the girl decides she wants out of the marriage, a divorce settlement will fall under the American system and if she has his child, she is in win, win situation.  

As for learning English she already seems quite sufficient in that department according to the video.. After a few months in the States she`ll soon pick it up.

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

Yes. But bargirl or not, they have only known each other a matter of weeks which will not make people at the Embassy very happy.

As far as I know, will the embassy "interview" both and they might get some very interesting news from her.

Is there anything newsworthy about this?  Happens a dozen times a day in Pattaya!  Just check out the marriage office.  I do hope he does not regret his won the lottery statement since so many find out the opposite!

Here's to a happy marriage with no sick Thai relatives and no sick water buffalo!

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You have a problem with married people having sex outside their marriage?

The whole world isn't Christian, and everyone else thinks on the side is OK.

Only when they're trying to sleep with my daddy......:shock1:

P.S. Amen

Edited by jenny2017

Yes. But bargirl or not, they have only known each other a matter of weeks which will not make people at the Embassy very happy.

Depends on the visa applied for. Technically the only relationship requirement for a K1 is meeting once in the last two years.
The consulates world wide seem to hand out K1s more easily than they will an actual marriage visa. I suspect this is because they're granting a non-immigrant visa rather than an immigrant visa.

Let USCIS make the decision rather than DOS.

Just a theory based on what I've seen. They were much tougher on my wife with her IR1 interview than they usually are on a K1 interview.

7 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Depends on the visa applied for. Technically the only relationship requirement for a K1 is meeting once in the last two years.
<snip>

Technically they could get for her a K-1 visa first try but doesn't seem they are playing all this with odds in their favor like 2 years together rather than 2 weeks.

10 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Is there anything newsworthy about this?  Happens a dozen times a day in Pattaya!  Just check out the marriage office.  I do hope he does not regret his won the lottery statement since so many find out the opposite!

Here's to a happy marriage with no sick Thai relatives and no sick water buffalo!

No, just another shmuck with his head in the clouds; what IMV he should realise is that the Thai's ability to 'accept' is so much greater than ours (Westerners') - she will be able to accept easily his difference in age and the different way he thinks and his physical difference because of the advantages that she expects will be bestowed on her by him not because she prefers him to a Thai man of her own age who she can 'connect' with physically and mentally. 

He needs to look around him and see what Thais will accept, stuff that Westerners wouldn't put up with, try to understand the 'mai pben rai' and the 'up to you' of Thainess - the basis of her attachment to him is not in truth, I suggest, worthy of him thinking he's won the lottery.

14 hours ago, balo said:

"50 year age difference between us and I am a happy man" , creepy....

Why is that?  Where does one draw the line on age?

I know a guy in BKK who is 90.  I met him at the gym he was believe it or not, doing bench press.  He has a gf in her 40's.

Good for them  Two consenting adults so what?