Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

webfact

5 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

No Doubt in my mind she will be given asylum in England

Well why not ask her brother who was thrown out of Britain.  They are both tarred with the same brush now although I suppose she could try telling the immigration she will "love you longtime!"

Edited by dunroaming

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

thought you couldn't make multiple EU applications

which country did she enter first?

ahhhh......but , but ,  all the pretty ladies have a choice ......as it should be .

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well why not ask her brother who was thrown out of Britain.  They are both tarred with the same brush now although I suppose she could try telling the immigration she will "love you longtime!"

"tarred with the same brush ?" ehhh.....words fail me .

1 hour ago, gamini said:

You have no proof of what you spout. The justice system can not be directed by anyone. The fact that they only convicted her for the fake rice deals says a lot for the impartiality of the courts here. Do you belive then that fake rice deals are not an offence?

"the justice system cannot be directed by anyone ?"   bwhaaahaaahaa oh ... please stop ...hahaha hahaha hahaha  it hurts , oh stop  hahaha hahaha haaha , lordy please make him stop , keep him from making up rules ... hahaha hahaha hahaha  

8 minutes ago, mikiea said:

"tarred with the same brush ?" ehhh.....words fail me .

Sorry that words fail you although your posts would indicate otherwise.  Thaksin and his sister both fled the country to escape justice and are now both wanted criminals with warrants out for their arrest.  I would say that tars them with the same brush. 

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I think all counties know that don't you.

So now its Germany, hope not Munchen, France where Pridi had to go another PM who was hounded out

or the UK. so will it be Australia and the USA next? Just speculation.

They haven't got a clue have they.

My My the boys and girls from downunder are being slagged off now by the uneducated. Cons went out hundreds of years ago, now I would trust every last one of them more than I do here and guess what they also know what real democracy is.

I could never understand why Aus people even consider a visit here, unless they cannot pull a local bargirl back home.

We come for the contrast so that we can appreciate the quality of returning back home

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"We need to prove that Yingluck is being politically bullied,”

others would call it justice for the gargantuan losses of

tax payers money ,that she presided  over,that could of

been spent much more wisely on Schools,Hospitals,

and other infrastructure,instead the money was just  

frittered away,many got very rich,but not the farmers.

regards Worgeordie

You could argue that point about most Labour governments and Brown's selling off gold at an ultra low price.....

Could "have" not "of" for future reference. 

21 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So now its Germany, hope not Munchen, France where Pridi had to go another PM who was hounded out

My My the boys and girls from downunder are being slagged off now by the uneducated. Cons went out hundreds of years ago, now I would trust every last one of them more than I do here and guess what they also know what real democracy is.

I could never understand why Aus people even consider a visit here, unless they cannot pull a local bargirl back home.

Who'd want to pull a 25 stone Sheila?

4 hours ago, hhinhh said:

Is this still the area where criminals are deported to?

No.  Actually far more british criminals were sent to what is now the U.S than Australia but we aussies are proud of our origins, americans never want to know of theirs.

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"We need to prove that Yingluck is being politically bullied,”

others would call it justice for the gargantuan losses of

tax payers money ,that she presided  over,that could of

been spent much more wisely on Schools,Hospitals,

and other infrastructure,instead the money was just  

frittered away,many got very rich,but not the farmers.

regards Worgeordie

till today i do not understand what was this rice business / subsidiaries all about or how in Detail it worked.. maybe u can supply a link to learn more about it.... thank you / facts but not opinions.. many country's in the past and present subsidary their agricultural sector / the EU does it too export subsidarys australia prevent forgeign products to some extend/ the US do directly or indirectly...... so if the yingluck  try to do similar why put her in jail... ???

3 hours ago, gamini said:

You have no proof of what you spout. The justice system can not be directed by anyone. The fact that they only convicted her for the fake rice deals says a lot for the impartiality of the courts here. Do you belive then that fake rice deals are not an offence?

mini: If you had any personal experience with this justice system, you most likely would not have spoken!

Edited by 300sd

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

No.  Actually far more british criminals were sent to what is now the U.S than Australia but we aussies are proud of our origins, americans never want to know of theirs.

How did this become an Aussie bashing thread?

It may be true that they need a few lessons when it comes to cricket but apart from that Australians are some of the most honest and straightforward people on the planet!

I'll  have a Fosters, thanks! 

2 hours ago, hobobo said:

Who'd want to pull a 25 stone Sheila?

or in far to many cases

Who would want to pull a 5 stone great looking athletic Sheila

Sorry to hear all that was left for you to pull was one of the big ladies, must be a big weight off you now

23 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

if you are a retired laborer on pension, it is very hard to live in Australia as the pension is now below the poverty line thanks to the corrupt Politicians. Aust. pollies are as bad as here

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

It's all just rubbish.  She is a wanted criminal on the run. Yesterday she was supposedly photographed in Dubai.  Whatever she is "planning" to do is not going to be made public by her or her criminal brother.  A good friend of mine is an immigration lawyer and he says it is highly unlikely that she would be allowed to settle in the UK.  If there is (as claimed by the Thai authorities) an international arrest warrant being requested for her then that would be an automatic rejection.  He couldn't say for sure about Germany or France but he suspected the same rules apply.

Interpol do not respect a courts decision if it has been imposed by a coup and is a case of an overthrown democratically elected leader, it will be rejected on the same grounds as her case for asylum will be heard, being a politically motivated charge, if they started getting involved in those types of cases they could start civil wars, they chose to stay out of it.  If Interpol had accepted the request then her case for asylum would be rejected as it would demonstrate that the charges were not politically motivated and she was just a regular fugitive.  Your good friend may not be the best immigration lawyer in town.

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Sorry that words fail you although your posts would indicate otherwise.  Thaksin and his sister both fled the country to escape justice and are now both wanted criminals with warrants out for their arrest.  I would say that tars them with the same brush. 

Except that they actually just both have requests out for warrants for their arrest, quite a different thing than actually having the warrants. 

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Interpol do not respect a courts decision if it has been imposed by a coup and is a case of an overthrown democratically elected leader, it will be rejected on the same grounds as her case for asylum will be heard, being a politically motivated charge, if they started getting involved in those types of cases they could start civil wars, they chose to stay out of it.  If Interpol had accepted the request then her case for asylum would be rejected as it would demonstrate that the charges were not politically motivated and she was just a regular fugitive.  Your good friend may not be the best immigration lawyer in town.

Concerning the coup that is true if that was related to that coup.  However it can be argued that this is not charges as a consequence of that coup.  Not black and white.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Except that they actually just both have requests out for warrants for their arrest, quite a different thing than actually having the warrants. 

Agreed but my point was to illustrate them being tarred by the same brush.

Just now, dunroaming said:

Concerning the coup that is true if that was related to that coup.  However it can be argued that this is not charges as a consequence of that coup.  Not black and white.

Being grey would be reason for Interpol to turn down the request.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:37 PM, AGareth2 said:

thought you couldn't make multiple EU applications

which country did she enter first?

Good point. IIRC correctly the UK will not entertain an application if the applicant has made applications to other countries.

And yes, under EU rules she should be applying in the first EU country entered.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Good point. IIRC correctly the UK will not entertain an application if the applicant has made applications to other countries.

And yes, under EU rules she should be applying in the first EU country entered.

There is nothing to imply that she plans to make more than one application, it should be taken as she is considering where to apply.

And there is no EU rule for applicants, the EU cannot supersede the conventions their members are a party to, and the convention says that a refugee is free to move through countries unhindered.  The EU rule you are confused about states that the first country the applicant applies to must hear their request.

33 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Aren't those issues a little bit separate? Should the Thai government seek extradition from the UK, then the first test of law would be if the crime convicted of was a crime in the UK. That needs answering and if no, won't proceed any further.

An Asylum application has it's own laws and procedures and could progress prior to any extradition request being received. The UK won't assume one's on the way!

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Maybe 

"It is strictly forbidden for the Organization to undertake any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character."

Even if there is a clear criminal nature to the charges if there is also some political nature then they will not accept the request, this has happened many times and many criminals have then gone on to be granted asylum, and far more serious criminals than Yinluck,

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

There is nothing to imply that she plans to make more than one application, it should be taken as she is considering where to apply.

And there is no EU rule for applicants, the EU cannot supersede the conventions their members are a party to, and the convention says that a refugee is free to move through countries unhindered.  The EU rule you are confused about states that the first country the applicant applies to must hear their request.

That's what the Dublin Agreement on refugees entering the EU says is it?

That they can move freely from EU country to EU country and chose which one they prefer to apply for asylum in?

Edited by Baerboxer

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Aren't those issues a little bit separate? Should the Thai government seek extradition from the UK, then the first test of law would be if the crime convicted of was a crime in the UK. That needs answering and if no, won't proceed any further.

An Asylum application has it's own laws and procedures and could progress prior to any extradition request being received. The UK won't assume one's on the way!

They are not putting in an extradition request direct to the UK, they have applied to Interpol for an international arrest warrant, if it is accepted then the UK most likely will honour it.  Interpols warrants do have burden on an asylum request as they are already determined as to whether politically motivated or not.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

That's what the Dublin Agreement on refugees entering the EU says is it?

That they can move freely from EU country to EU country and chose which one they prefer to apply for asylum in?

Yes, the Dublin aggrement says what the country must do when an application is made, that they are not allowed to push them through to another country, that they must fully hear their request, nothing is said about what the applicant can do, that is all in the convention and nothing in that has been superseded.  You could have just read it!  What was happening was some countries were processing an applicant, logging them but not hearing their request, and then sending them off to another country.  What the Dublin agreement did was have them sent back to the country that first started processing them.  But what the applicant is free to do is not start their application process until they reach wherever they intend to go.