What do you miss about western women that you find difficult to get from a Thai woman?

Csaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western woman put me as a high priority in their lives. Thai women have a dozen other people, animals, things more important than me.

Western women love in a passionate and emotional way I like. Thai women equate love with finance.

Also, I miss the more reality based thinking of Western women. Every Thai Woman I have know has been wildly supersticious.

However, I live in Thailand because overall I prefer it here. Enough said.

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

Scotland  lasses , and their ascents .  Nuff said . 555

Haven't known many Scottish women; only three very well, and they were all tolerable. Don't get me wrong, some of the English actresses and women who marry into the royal family are reasonable, even dated a good looking English girl who worked at the Brit embassy in Vietnam, but the majority I have seen could eat an ear of corn through a chain link fence and not even have their vision obstructed by the links.

I miss not having to explain myself during a conversation, if one is lucky to get one.  Was speaking with a Thai lady today about the rain and I stated, "That I was glad it had stopped."  her response, ""You want me to stop talking?" and yes, we were speaking Thai.  No wonder it's called amazing Thailand.:wai:

2 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

I miss not having to explain myself during a conversation, if one is lucky to get one.  Was speaking with a Thai lady today about the rain and I stated, "That I was glad it had stopped."  her response, ""You want me to stop talking?" and yes, we were speaking Thai.  No wonder it's called amazing Thailand.

Gotta be honest, a lot of times the Thai ladies I work with will tell me they don't have a clue what some foreign guy said, even if he thought his Thai was fluent.  They just nod, smile, act as if they understand and leave the conversation confused. 

I always put it down to a face thing, but you won't get that kind of consideration from a western woman.  They'll tell you to get that peanut butter out of your mouth and speak clearly...

58 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe. You done well. I don't see many Thais out walking when I'm out and about. It's normally a quick dash round with an umbrella and back in the shade.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where I am there are quite a few out exercising everyday, walking, running, riding a bike, which causes my heart to flutter, especially when they are in their 20's and wear those short, shorts.:shock1: :wai:

6 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Where I am there are quite a few out exercising everyday, walking, running, riding a bike, which causes my heart to flutter, especially when they are in their 20's and wear those short, shorts.

If you're in BKK, pop on down to Q Sirikit Park (AKA Benjakiti) or Lumpini Park around dusk when the joggers come out.  Puts a smile on my face whenever I do.

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you're in BKK, pop on down to Q Sirikit Park (AKA Benjakiti) or Lumpini Park around dusk when the joggers come out.  Puts a smile on my face whenever I do.

Do you stand there perving at the female joggers ?

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Gotta be honest, a lot of times the Thai ladies I work with will tell me they don't have a clue what some foreign guy said, even if he thought his Thai was fluent.  They just nod, smile, act as if they understand and leave the conversation confused. 

I always put it down to a face thing, but you won't get that kind of consideration from a western woman.  They'll tell you to get that peanut butter out of your mouth and speak clearly...

You are quite correct and yes, on occasions, I have stuffed up.  I have also heard many foreigners who think they are conversing in Thai and every time I hear them I shudder.  But as you said, most Thais, just nod and smile, but the ones that I mix with, especially when I first started learning, would, when I had trouble, be polite and tell me the correct way to pronounce the word, including the tone.  I have always been thankful that they took time to help this foreigner.

One thing I've never had to  worry about is some female from the west sprouting the peanut butter bit as my pronunciation has always been clear.  Also, I will never miss the look on some Thais faces, especially when they find out that I speak their language,  in particular, just after they have bagged us foreigners. It is gold. :wai:

3 hours ago, ThaiItAgain said:

so what to do about such a situation?  constructively, what has been learnt from such a sad mistake.  i guess do more intellectual fact finding before  one  lets the heart make decisions about ones long term future

Realistically whatever the nationality you don’t really know the person until you live with them and we all change over time and when other circumstances change

You have answered some of your own questions try and find out as much about the persons personalty etc and spend time with them if you can

Thats what I did and we have been together now over 10 years

We still have our differences from time to time but that is life but generally very happy

Good luck

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Very true and a common reaction from the response. I often wonder what couples have in common at all especially when the foreign husband has no interest or knowledge of Thai culture, despite often claiming to 'love it' The vast majority of Thai woman have little interest in anything outside of food, family and shopping and no matter how good looking they are it becomes boring after a few years. Most seem incapable of holding a logical discussion about anything, and are prone to sinking into silence or an emotional outburst if you try to involve them in one, just don't think too much about anything! They are shallow, not curious about world affairs and ignorant about history, geography and almost anything outside of Thailand. 

It's only boring if you hang around them all day long. I'm out in the jungle hiking or cycling most days, then beer with my mates in the afternoon. If the misses starts speaking at me for more than a few minutes I put my headphones on and listen to music.

Some farang don't miss western women, because they don't call them "handsome man"with Thai accent. 

But here they hear that all the time.

"Handsome maaaaan" 

"handsome maaaaan"

????????????

and I bet they love to hear that. 

15 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

You are quite correct and yes, on occasions, I have stuffed up.  I have also heard many foreigners who think they are conversing in Thai and every time I hear them I shudder.  But as you said, most Thais, just nod and smile, but the ones that I mix with, especially when I first started learning, would, when I had trouble, be polite and tell me the correct way to pronounce the word, including the tone.  I have always been thankful that they took time to help this foreigner.

I don't speak to Thais, problem solved!

7 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Some farang don't miss western women, because they don't call them "handsome man"with Thai accent. 

But here they hear that all the time.

"Handsome maaaaan" 

"handsome maaaaan"

????????????

and I bet they love to hear that. 

Yes, every day......love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.cccb4acd17ba8eca9b4c9c18204b9476.gif

2 hours ago, Foozool said:

"Surely Csaw you must have noticed that Thai women do not like kissing?!

Or intimacy in general."

Thai women rarely have "orgasm" unlike westerners. They might show some interest about sex, but just pretending to make the partner happy. 

Think you must have  met the wrong ones or perhaps you are a “wam bam thank you mam”

34 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I don't speak to Thais, problem solved!

You are a funny man. But then you probably don't have to, maybe you're one of those hansum ones that we hear so much about. Words are not needed when this famous word is uttered, the foreigner becomes tongue tired, stunned or both.:giggle:     :wai:

2 hours ago, Foozool said:

"Surely Csaw you must have noticed that Thai women do not like kissing?!

Or intimacy in general."

Thai women rarely have "orgasm" unlike westerners. They might show some interest about sex, but just pretending to make the partner happy. 

Nothing like a massive generalisation to make 'you' feel better.  I think your comment is  just bxxxxxs . Look to yourself my friend .  

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No I've not dated one, but I know 3 women in the UK who are excellent mechanically, very knowledgable, talented, and one of the 3 works in a machine shop, cuts valve seats etc.

They certainly were during WW2 so I am reliably informed

I miss all the pop culture references, like when you quote a line from a movie, book, TV show etc and Thai GF has no idea what I am talking about. 
I used the phrase "Elvis has left the building" recently, then spent the next 20 mins explaining it. 
One of the things that attracted me to the GF was her dry sense of humour, however things like Monty Python, Seinfeld etc, are not understood.

I recognize this.. I told her very simply "so far so good"

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Nothing like a massive generalisation to make 'you' feel better.  I think your comment is  just bxxxxxs . Look to yourself my friend .  

Maybe his Thai women were not “ real women” if you get my drift !!!

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More like because there aren't any attractive, fit-bodied ones left to try for. Most that I see are fat to obese.

Mate, there should be a picture of you next to the definition for "sour grapes" in the Urban Dictionary.com

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Thanks for the location, I'm out in a gated mu ban near Phuttamonthon, some very wealthy families with very nubile daughters live here.  The short, short ones are those who ride the bikes and believe me they know it, never ride from behind, always toward me.  Oh by the way, they're all above the legal age, just in case anyone thinks I'm a dirty old man. Well maybe a little.  Even my German shepherd, who I am walking at the time reacts,  He is a fully trained body guard dog and probably thinks they are causing me harm, or at least my heart.  :shock1::wai:

Archived