What do you miss about western women that you find difficult to get from a Thai woman?

Csaw

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's ideal if you want something that you can play with, then put on the metaphorical shelf when you're done playing.

Not that it forms the basis of a good relationship, but let's face it.  That takes a lot of effort, and most guys didn't move to Thailand to cultivate meaningful relationships.

Reminds me of that old chestnut:  The ideal woman?  One that would morph into a 6 pack, a TV and 2 buddies right after the sex.

If it's a jet ski, a DVD or a Thai

rent don't buy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western women seem to enjoy a proper travel experience, immersing themselves into local cultures and taking in the sights, sounds and smells of different locations.

My Thai GF enjoys travelling as well, but only for food and shopping.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Or.......

59d99653b3599_girlm.jpg.f23bbcbd926eed9c53f2800e176b0503.jpg

Gotta admit, I've never dated a woman that was competent under the hood.  Never mind one that wants to be.  I'm sure they're out there.  I've just never encountered one...

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Dare I say that I think you may be missing the point and perhaps not seeing the wonder as well as the challenge of a Thai western marriage.  Thais are brought up to survive in a world that for them may have nothing but hard  work, pain, lack of food, poor health care and many more things that can kill them than can make their life happy.  This is their upbringing, and that of all their family for generations.  Its a world vierw and a m ind set that is hard to understand for some people and sometimes hard to deal with, judging by some posts here.    Why should they have a wider perspective that Western education and upbringing can give when all they want is stability and security and a longer life than seems likely.   

This might have been true in the past when poverty meant they did not know where the next meal was coming from, but it's not an excuse that makes sense today. Now they all have social media and the internet gives them access to a world of knowledge, but they mostly restrict themselves to line, fb and games. They do not have a wider perspective as a result of a very poor educational system and a culture of non questioning acceptance. 

Last night I was surprised to find out that two relatives both teachers in state Schools earn over 80k baht a month between them, both were born into poor families. There are no books in the house and lakorn or boxing is all that is ever on their enormous Tv sets. They have stability and security like many others here, what they lack like the majority here, especially women, is curiosity, a thirst for knowledge and most of all a real education.

My Thai wife can go shopping for something specific; say a fan, and come back with shoes, handbag, clothes and food (most of which she would give to her family). "Where is the fan love?" "I didn't have enough left for the fan after I bought the other things." "Oh right!"

My western wife would come back with just the fan.

Difference!!?? Western wife used her own money.

The Thai GF doesn't speak English and is off today visiting her parents but, when she next comes around, I will ask her if she considers our relationship to be meaningful or whatever I can show is the good Thai-word equivalent.

2 hours ago, Pdaz said:

That's because all the women you saw were Latvian, Lithuanian, French, Polish, Italian, Spanish and a host of other imports.  To really appreciate the delicious form of the modern day British wonan you need to visit TK Max or Primart somewhere in Wales or the North. The only slim ones have a drug problem. The rest are too busy stuffing their faces with fast food and cheap booze. Fact is when 15-16 year old girls are already obese and pushing a pram there isn't much hope left.

Of course you may be a chubby chaser and miss the fuller figures ?

IMG_5111.JPG.587fe1f813f0036ee071d08cd8308924.JPG

Wow! You guys got the flip flop epidemic too?!

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

Gotta admit, I've never dated a woman that was competent under the hood.  Never mind one that wants to be.  I'm sure they're out there.  I've just never encountered one...

No I've not dated one, but I know 3 women in the UK who are excellent mechanically, very knowledgable, talented, and one of the 3 works in a machine shop, cuts valve seats etc.

39 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Western women seem to enjoy a proper travel experience, immersing themselves into local cultures and taking in the sights, sounds and smells of different locations.

Man.... absolutely true.

Now that you mention it it was my French gf who asked me to go to Thailand. She was a bit fatty, but had a sparkly face and a lot of "enthusiasm".  I remember when we came to Thailand which was the time when Lonely Planet was very popular she was so well read in advance that I really had a blast with her.... and she really didn't mind me being an ignorant fool as long as I wasn't too grumpy. She put up with a lot of my stupidity and crap.

When I married my Aussie wife she was into photography. That was pre digital camera era in the late 1990's. I got some great pics with her in Canada, USA and Australia. We were  young when we got married (23) and she schooled me a lot about life and even wrote my first resume as I was just a fresh of the boat Serb in Canada with no work experience who just graduated from the Uni. A real feminazi too, but like I said previously...... a real blast.

All righty...... keep bashing......

27 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

The Thai GF doesn't speak English and is off today visiting her parents but, when she next comes around, I will ask her if she considers our relationship to be meaningful or whatever I can show is the good Thai-word equivalent.

Keep in mind the words "most guys".   Some of the guys I work with have excellent marriages.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Keep in mind the words "most guys".   Some of the guys I work with have excellent marriages.

I don't have to keep anything in mind. I'm not married and I like the relationship I'm in meaningful or not.

17 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Jokes they don't understand I presume  -  they all practicing laughing for the farang's sake.

Thai women have a sense of humour, but it's not the same as a westerner. I had a Thai gf that would be reduced to rolling around laughing at those Thai tv comedy shows, but I failed to see the humour.

I never met one that would see the laffs in Monty Python or The Goon Show. A lot of humour is cultural and "in jokes".

17 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Jokes they don't understand I presume  -  they all practicing laughing for the farang's sake.

Thai women have a sense of humour, but it's not the same as a westerner. I had a Thai gf that would be reduced to rolling around laughing at those Thai tv comedy shows, but I failed to see the humour.

I never met one that would see the laffs in Monty Python or The Goon Show. A lot of humour is cultural and "in jokes".

In general I miss the increase in energy that Western women have over Thais. I love walking and travelling to see different areas and places of interest. My Thai partner will come along but its normally cut short because it's "too hot/cold/gonna rain which makes me sick./ somtam time"

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

????????

When I look around at farang female tourists in Thailand, it's mainly shopping and eating that seems to float their boat. When not involved in either, they have their faces fixed to a machine screen. I've been on tours that involve long van journeys, and they are either looking at the machine or sleeping.

Taking in the sights 5555555555555555555555.

Even just off the plane, on the airport train, they'll be looking at the machine and not at Bangkok passing by outside.

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

In general I miss the increase in energy that Western women have over Thais. I love walking and travelling to see different areas and places of interest. My Thai partner will come along but its normally cut short because it's "too hot/cold/gonna rain which makes me sick./ somtam time"

Wrong Thai partner. My long term Thai gf was usually up for a long walk to see the local area when we went to the beach. I'm talking a couple hours or more.

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Now that I agree with.   When my wife and I went to live in Scotland for a couple of years she said that she didn't like the scenery because 'there was nothing there'!  I knew then that we wouldn't be climbing any mountains together any time soon.  Curiously, she did like to try to ski, probably because she didn't have to walk!  

Wrong Thai partner. My long term Thai gf was usually up for a long walk to see the local area when we went to the beach. I'm talking a couple hours or more.

Maybe. You done well. I don't see many Thais out walking when I'm out and about. It's normally a quick dash round with an umbrella and back in the shade.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, impulse said:

Almost everyone I know, ever, has been divorced. Well over 50% which is apparently the norm now, in western countries.

Of the few that are still married, some would be together just because it's easier staying together than getting divorced, and of the rest, some SHOULD get divorced.

Which goes to show something I suppose, but too long and involved to get into on here.

After all, it's supposed to be just a bit of fun, not a manual on Thai vs Farang women.

"Surely Csaw you must have noticed that Thai women do not like kissing?!

Or intimacy in general."

Thai women rarely have "orgasm" unlike westerners. They might show some interest about sex, but just pretending to make the partner happy. 

14 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

I think most of them men who slag off Western women are just bitter because they stopped being able to get the attractive, fit-bodied ones back in their 30s.

It's a bit convenient to suddenly declare Western women persona non grata just because you discover youth and firmness can be had in Thailand for a modest stipend isn't it?

I bet any money you like these men no more had a picture of a Thai farm girl on their walls growing up than their Thai wives and girlfriends had posters of 60+ year old, balding white blokes with varicose veins on theirs.

More like because there aren't any attractive, fit-bodied ones left to try for. Most that I see are fat to obese.

3 minutes ago, Foozool said:

"Surely Csaw you must have noticed that Thai women do not like kissing?!

Or intimacy in general."

Thai women rarely have "orgasm" unlike westerners. They might show some interest about sex, but just pretending to make the partner happy. 

Either you picked the wrong ones or .......................................................

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe. You done well. I don't see many Thais out walking when I'm out and about. It's normally a quick dash round with an umbrella and back in the shade.

Don't forget that obligatory photo of her jumping for joy on that 3-1/2 minute hike.  The one that ends up on all her social media avatars.

What's that all about?

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Either you picked the wrong ones or .......................................................

Then I guess too many wrong ones around.

most of younger farang come to Thailand to get what they can not get in western countries. Except retired ones like me.

Don't be so proud of yourself. We called them losers back in CA.

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm going with the "or" on that one...

Dreaming is a great thing. Dream as you wish.

12 hours ago, smotherb said:

I think English women are some of the ugliest in the world, but that is my opinion.

Scotland  lasses , and their ascents .  Nuff said . 555

Archived